Buster's Introduction

Introductions, birthdays, and special announcements.
Buster
Favorite Aircraft: B-26

Buster's Introduction

Post by Buster »

Hello everyone!

My name is Nick, but I also go by my callsign Buster. Im 16 and I've been intrested in the aviation field for quite awhile, growing up around airshows and hearing stories from my great grandfather when he flew in a B-26 (favorite aircraft) during WW2. I solidified my intrests and got my motivation from a tour flight in which I got to take the controls for a hot minute, flying through the air with complete control on where I could go. The experience modivated me to want to go into a feild I'd had my eye on for awhile, and fly the planes as a career. With my pursuit in aviation I decided to attend Rancho High School's Aviation Program for Private Pilot. I am currently a student there and am persuing to get my private pilot license within the next 2 years. I am also enrolled in Rancho's AFJROTC, where I've gained my extream intrest in going military after college (hopefully that works out). Its my dream to fly for a commercial airliner, but I wouldn't mind getting to fly a fighter jet inbetween. Outside of school, I take pride in saying that I am a month away from achieving the rank of Eagle in Boy Scouting and enjoy sharing those experiences with others.

I came to YSFlight from experimenting on school computers with a few friends and upon enjoying it, took it home and have been using it for practice. I enjoy flying with my freinds and seeing all the great things people can make for the program (there's is ome CRAZY stuff). I discovered YSFHQ awhile ago but only just decided to join the community.

I look forward to meeting all you wonderful aviation enthusiasts (at least thats what I've heard) and hopefully getting to share some of the fun here. Thank you in advance!
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Re: Buster's Introduction

Post by Richard Vo »

Welcome to the HQ! I just love how you plan your future career. Good luck with it ;)
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

We always welcome new members to HQ! Hope you enjoy your time here and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Kiowa, Mitten, Hornet

Post by waspe414 »

Welcome! Sounds like you have a good love of aviation. You're in the right place. I'm looking forward to flying with you.
Neocon wrote: Welcome to YSFHQ.

Don't double post, don't type in all caps, don't upload addons made by other people, don't request anything for a few weeks, don't release modifications to other people's addons without citing your sources, and when on a server stop shooting anything that drops three flairs and don't shoot anything on the ground or anything that isn't carrying weapons.

These are rules that all new members should know but won't know until they break one of them.
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

It's great place, all the cool kids hang out here.

Quick who's who around here:

I'm a coding wizard, I do heaps of stuff for YS Netcode in particular. Eric runs the site and Welshy is a bit experienced too and help out from time to time. Wingzfan runs the finances.

Doomsday, Iceman, Bombcat, Vic Viper are all verterans of the combat side.

Owl, Neocon, Dan and Dave are some of the civial aviation nuts.

Kujo, Scarecrow, VNAF ONE are some of the big names in Aerobatics.

You'll meet more folks as you get online some. We're just waiting on summer break to swing by then activity usually sky rockets for a short time.

I'm trying to code a new server to help that along by giving intangible rewards to players on servers. I'm all about that Sense of Pride and Accomplishment (tm).
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Buster
Favorite Aircraft: B-26

Post by Buster »

Thanks for all the great info and welcomes!
Flake wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:25 amYou'll meet more folks as you get online some.
I'm lucky to have met a few of them, but I look forward to meeting the rest and getting to know them!
waspe414 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:40 pmlooking forward to flying with you
Thanks! You too!
Dan
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 757-200

Post by Dan »

Welcome :)
Former CEO of Fast Airways Virtual Airline 2011-2015
Former Group Captain/Training Officer 323rd Expeditionary Air Wing
Fast Airways screenshot library https://photos.app.goo.gl/NmboSFtxxqgnGFd79