The Open Vehicle Sketch Pad online training program is now available!
- 2020/03/31 - https://vspu.larc.nasa.gov/2020/03/open ... ol-is-live
- 2020/04/06 - http://openvsp.org/blogs/announcements/ ... ol-is-open
This early release is intended to provide basic instruction to users of all experience levels but will be most useful for those new to OpenVSP. The content within this site will be growing significantly over the next several months so I hope that you follow along and learn the many uses of this powerful design tool.
We are very excited about this program and hope that you can use the tutorials to not only learn OpenVSP basics but to keep it as a library of knowledge along with the existing OpenVSP resources. We hope you enjoy the videos!
- Link to OpenVSP Ground School - https://vspu.larc.nasa.gov/
About OpenVSP (Open Vehicle Sketch Pad)
OpenVSP is a parametric aircraft geometry tool. OpenVSP allows the user to create a 3D model of an aircraft defined by common engineering parameters. This model can be processed into formats suitable for engineering analysis.
The predecessors to OpenVSP have been developed by J.R. Gloudemans and others for NASA since the early 1990's. On January 10 2012, OpenVSP was released as an open source project under the NASA Open Source Agreement (NOSA) version 1.3.
- Homepage - http://openvsp.org/
- Sources - https://github.com/openvsp/openvsp
- Binary builds (Windows, macOS, Linux) - http://openvsp.org/download.php
- VSP Hangar (models repository, mostly free) - http://hangar.openvsp.org/