Randy Tinseth blog podcast

Aviation news and discussion for anything aviation related.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Randy Tinseth blog podcast

Post by Turbofan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:20 pm

Some of you might find this interesting. Randy Tinseth, the Vice President of Marketing for Boeing has uploaded this podcast on his blog. VERY interesting podcast - questions by viewers of his Boeing blog (as some of you might know, he has a blog on Boeing's website). This covers everything from the seat width issue (coincidentally, AA just announced 3-4-3 seating in all of its 777 economy cabins (yeah, that's a shocker) to the 321NEO vs. the 737MAX-9. Some really good insight into the competition's competing aircraft (we all know who that is). I especially found it interesting when he talked about the 100-seat market and how that is more complicated to work with, especially when you now have 90 and 100-seat regional jets from Embraer and Bombardier. It would been very cool to see the 717-200 in Northwest colours - at least for a while anyway! Perhaps someone can make a repaint for YS? (hint hint). My favourite comment was perhaps when he talked about John Leahy, the infamous (or famous - depending on your view) spokesperson for Airbus - when Leahy questioned the market for an aircraft larger than the 350-1000 and then went on to talk about how large the market is for the 380.

http://www.boeingblogs.com/randy/archiv ... l_bag.html
Check out my YSFS videos on my Youtube channel!
-----------------------
ATRP: When used in my posts refers to "Air Traffic Replay Project"
-----------------------
Avatar: Pratt and Whitney JT8D-219
-----------------------
My general rant: I will call them blended winglets, not Sharklets; There is no CEO, it's just simply put, an Airbus 319/320/321, or the 320NEO, 321NEO etc. I didn't land IN DAL, I landed AT DAL. On the other hand, I did land in Dallas.
-----------------------
Website GRID updated for 2019. New stuff in the works!
Turbofan's Terminal

Hi! I make average, undesirable, boring grey maps for YS Flight!