Another incident involving a brand new EK a380

Aviation news and discussion for anything aviation related.
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Another incident involving a brand new EK a380

Post by Richard Vo »

An Emirates a380 (A6-EUB) collided with a Scoot b787-8 (9V-OJA) at Changi airport. :(
The wingtip of the planes hit each other. No injury was reported. The damages were not serious.
https://twitter.com/JacdecNew/status/84 ... 84/photo/1
Damages of the a380 and b787

Involved aircraft picture:
A6-EUB
9V-OJA

Here is the link
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... gi-435702/
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Re: Another incident involving a brand new EK a380

Post by MD5Ray01 »

I'm glad to hear that no one got hurt.
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015
Deleted User 2433

Post by Deleted User 2433 »

Damn a380 be hitting and flipping everything :roll:
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

That wingspan has caused problems at other airports and with other airlines also. Speaking of flipping...

Not quite a "flip" but rocked for sure. Although in this case I believe the DL Connection CRJ crew was cited at fault for not notifying ground control that they were not completely on the ramp.
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Post by Monoceros »

I'm starting to not like Airbus even more so with all these incidents occurring. Eventually it will get on my bad side of hating it much like I do the SuperHornet.
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Richard Vo »

Monoceros wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:42 am I'm starting to not like Airbus even more so with all these incidents occurring. Eventually it will get on my bad side of hating it much like I do the SuperHornet.
Don't hate the Airbus. The incident occurred because of the ground service, I think. Don't blame the Airbus.
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

I've flown in Airbuses and all of them have been great rides. I do have a partiality for Boeing products but I have enjoyed the Airbuses I have flown in (look here for reference).

In this particular instance I think it was most likely a communication error. Similar to what happened between a Southwest 737 and US Airways 320 at PHX some years back. So yeah, it can happen with any aircraft at any airport.
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Richard Vo »

Turbofan wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:08 am I've flown in Airbuses and all of them have been great rides. I do have a partiality for Boeing products but I have enjoyed the Airbuses I have flown in (look here for reference).

In this particular instance I think it was most likely a communication error. Similar to what happened between a Southwest 737 and US Airways 320 at PHX some years back. So yeah, it can happen with any aircraft at any airport.
Well speak Turbofan :)