Portsmouth International Airport will not be Norwegian Air's second U.S. hub.

Aviation news and discussion for anything aviation related.
ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: mc-21 (Commercial), A-7 (Military), Co50 (Private)

Portsmouth International Airport will not be Norwegian Air's second U.S. hub.

Post by ZyreaxGaming_YT »

Most of us have never heard about Portsmouth International Airport at Pease. It is a small, regional airport serving Eastern Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, and Southern Maine. T.F. Green Airport in Rhode Island was chosen over Portsmouth last month as low cost, trans atlantic carrier Norwegian Air's second U.S. hub. According to local news source seacoastonline.com, airport director David Mullen was expecting the result that occurred. The 54,000 square foot terminal at PSM would have caused many complications affecting smooth, easy boarding. Even though Allegiant Air is currently the only current commercial operator at PSM, the tiny terminal is still a nuisance. Future Norwegian Air service to PSM, however is not out of the question. Future improvements and developments are being pondered by the Pease Development Authority.
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. ~ John F. Kennedy
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Re: Portsmouth International Airport will not be Norwegian Air's second U.S. hub.

Post by Vic Viper »

Hey my school was supposed to sell a lot of land to T.F. Green a few years back. I wonder if they're still going to expand TF to be international or if they're just staying domestic. Barracuz where you at?
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Re: Portsmouth International Airport will not be Norwegian Air's second U.S. hub.

Post by Barr »

Yeah they're making a international terminal at Greene. They're also gonna fly out of Boston so don't worry you northeners. And from what I've heard is that those low cost flights at $70? Is only limited at 10,000 total fares, so once they pass that they're bumping the lowest cost fare up to $129? So it's still a wicked good deal when compared to other flights out of regionals or from Boston into Europe.

Though I've been hearing some really iffy stuff from the deal. Sure it's another repeat of 38 studios but hey you can fly to Ireland for cheap!
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: mc-21 (Commercial), A-7 (Military), Co50 (Private)

Post by ZyreaxGaming_YT »

I would have liked to see PSM get some more action, but its terminal and services are inadequate for international services. Tis a pity Skybus Airlines and Pan American Clipper Connection are gone.
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. ~ John F. Kennedy
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura »

ZyreaxGaming_YT wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:38 am I would have liked to see PSM get some more action, but its terminal and services are inadequate for international services. Tis a pity Skybus Airlines and Pan American Clipper Connection are gone.
It's kinda Ironic, really. Portsmouth International Airport calls itself that, but it doesn't have the facilities to tend to international aircraft.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Member of YSCE Development Committee - I don't code, I compile.