Weather In Your Area 2020

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Weather In Your Area 2020

Post by Turbofan » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:34 am

Time to start a new one (albiet kind of late this time :P ).

So far the new year has been on the mild side, we've had several systems come through and made January one of our wettest on record. Typically, Jan is our driest month. So the rain is always welcome this time of year.

It's also been quite mild, temps on avg 5-10 degrees higher than seasonal averages. On Saturday, the high temp was 76F, yesterday it was about 70F, but now it's back to reality. A cold front came through late on Monday and sent the temperature plunging into the 40s by late in the evening. Today, cloudy and the temp barely climbed from 34F in the morning to 37F in the afternoon. Tomorrow: expecting a wide area of 4-6 inches of snow. It will last only one day but roads will probably not recover until Thursday afternoon, especially if the higher totals verify. Should be the most snow we've had in about 2 years at least.
Check out my YSFS videos on my Youtube channel!
-----------------------
ATRP: When used in my posts refers to "Air Traffic Replay Project"
-----------------------
Avatar: Pratt and Whitney JT8D-219
-----------------------
My general rant: I will call them blended winglets, not Sharklets; There is no CEO, it's just simply put, an Airbus 319/320/321, or the 320NEO, 321NEO etc. I didn't land IN DAL, I landed AT DAL. On the other hand, I did land in Dallas.
-----------------------
Website GRID updated for 2019. New stuff in the works!
Turbofan's Terminal

Hi! I make average, undesirable, boring grey maps for YS Flight!

AviationMAX
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 737 MAX 10

Re: Weather In Your Area 2020

Post by AviationMAX » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:57 am

Haha, here in the northern Seattle area, we're getting the usual stuff. Temps between the mid to high 30s and the high 40s. We did get some snow showers today that accumulated to about 1/4 in. around the area. It was pretty much melting while it was falling, though. Now it's completely raining. Late last month we got 2 late starts and 2 snow days in the Marysville School District (well, on one snow day MSD actually had a late start), which is also kind of normal. No more snow this year, I think.

Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:41 pm

Forecasts were pretty much on-point, got anywhere from 3-6 inches of snow in the metro, with some locally higher amounts. Schools are closed for the day and so kids are out and about sledding and stuff.

Dozens of accidents and lengthy delays though, no shock there. I'm glad I work in the IT industry and can work from home if need be (like today) :D. Currently a temperature of 29F and the sun's already coming out, so some melting will take place, but the overnight low is forecast to be around 20F so any water on area roads will re-freeze in the morning. High on Sunday will be back in the mid-upper 50s.
Check out my YSFS videos on my Youtube channel!
-----------------------
ATRP: When used in my posts refers to "Air Traffic Replay Project"
-----------------------
Avatar: Pratt and Whitney JT8D-219
-----------------------
My general rant: I will call them blended winglets, not Sharklets; There is no CEO, it's just simply put, an Airbus 319/320/321, or the 320NEO, 321NEO etc. I didn't land IN DAL, I landed AT DAL. On the other hand, I did land in Dallas.
-----------------------
Website GRID updated for 2019. New stuff in the works!
Turbofan's Terminal

Hi! I make average, undesirable, boring grey maps for YS Flight!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:59 pm

West Tennessee: It was in the 60s on Monday and Tuesday, yesterday we had several counties with flooding, and the kids at school are hoping for a snow day tomorrow. If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes.

AviationMAX
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 737 MAX 10

Post by AviationMAX » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:55 pm

Neocon wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:59 pm
West Tennessee: It was in the 60s on Monday and Tuesday, yesterday we had several counties with flooding, and the kids at school are hoping for a snow day tomorrow. If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes.
Sounds a bit like western Washington! Haha. We're now having some severe flooding in the Snohomish Valley and into the Cascade Mountains. A few days ago we were getting light snow flurries, now we're getting full-on flooding lol.