Due to the fact that the community generally ran amok in the former dorm, some new rules have been established in order to give you a better idea of the kind of behavior which will and will not be tolerated. These rules follow.
YSFHQ Dorm Rules
These rules should be taken seriously and more may be added as the need arises. Any poster who breaks these rules will be referred to the Super 8 motel down the street.1) the size of rooms is not limitless-think of this as a realistic and therefore finite space
2) just because this is a play space does not mean that we can disrespect others
3) this thread takes the nature of a text based rpg
4) do not write "actions" for other members/place blame on other members
6) do not damage the "property" of others
7) obey the rules which members in charge of public spaces have put in place
8) do not unilaterally make decisions which would fundamentally change a public space in the dorm
9) ask for permission before starting any renovation projects
10) inasmuch as the dorm represents your daily life, you may use this area to chit chat as long as the topic is not derailed
11) Items that have no business being anywhere near a dorm do not spontaneously appear, particularly if it would change the very nature of the dorm.
As in "A GODZILLA APPEARED AND STEPPED ON EVERYTHING, I AM SO FUNNY" or "I PARKED MUH FLYING YACHT HELICOPTER IN UR ROOMS"
12) Do not warp reality in the extreme.
13) No elaborate security systems and no breaching the privacy/security of others (let's say the system is built in)
The new Dorm is deluxe but it is not to be ridiculous.
For those of you who are new to the virtual dorm concept this is a place where you can come to relax and chit chat with the community while role playing that the YSFHQ is our common home. The setting is a massive doughnut shaped dorm building (think the Pentagon without the courtyard) in the middle and top of which is a cafe, "Sera's Cafe" owned and operated by myself and a pub, "The Winchester" owned and operated by Vandal and Timmayx. Rather than the former small trellis, the Cafe and the Winchester now extend via a second story onto the roof and are now surrounded by a massive outdoor dining area for a larger garden, cookouts, and the occasional paper airplane contest. It is therefore equally accessible to all members. The pub and the cafe may be accessed via elevator or stairs. They compose a centrally located circular glass enclosed area which should offer an almost uninterrupted panoramic view-perfect for sky-watching.
Below the Cafe and Pub and also centrally located is a Movie Theater which is owned and operated by Skyller2s.
On the same level as this theater are the dorm rooms. They are ranged all around the circular space so that each member has a large window and easy access to public spaces. Your room number is determined by the last few numbers of your profile's url. Mine for example is Room #70 as my profile url is:
You may not request a new number. It is yours-so you should cherish it. Your room has a full kitchen, a full bathroom, an open bedroom and living space and a standard walk in closet.
On a ground level we have a lobby (marble floors, scattered furniture), a gymnasium, and an arcade.
The majority of your posts should be confined to goings on in the public spaces of the Cafe, the Winchester, or the Movie Theater (rather than sharing tidbits about things going on in the privacy of your own room-those should generally be kept private!). This is about community. Be courteous, share, and don't do anything the dorm mother is likely to frown upon and we should all get along just fine.