Kerbal Space Program

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Hawkstar
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-18 Hornet

Re: Kerbal Space Program

Post by Hawkstar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:06 am

The mods you add the longer it loads MUCH MUCH longer than ysflight. and it slows ys down or vice versa to mine.

halberdier25
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified

Post by halberdier25 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:13 am

Then don't play it.

Phoenix
Legend
Legend
Favorite Aircraft: Sr-71

Post by Phoenix » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:40 pm

I've got a rocket that has the power to go to the moon, just it refuses to launch (the parts dont fire unt I get to stage 4)

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:47 pm

lol, I just downloaded it and read the readme. All the developers had hispanian names, so now I wonder: Why the game is in english?
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!

Phoenix
Legend
Legend

Post by Phoenix » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:49 pm

The language used on most international sites and conferences is English (unless there is a common regional language for all members).

You will note the international section of the KSP forum, I think it is a nice idea.

BTW: why do some rockets refuse to start properly?

halberdier25
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by halberdier25 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Typically because fuel lines are broken. Check the flight profile and see what broke, then put struts between them.

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:17 pm

Because you didn't order the parts right, do the tutorial lol.

I tried to see how far I could get with just the stock parts. This one took about 20 well planned stages and is still going as we speak. The little blue dot behind me is kerbin. I'm hoping to get as far from it as the sun (I won't actually hit the sun though, unless the gravity pulls me in. I missed it pretty bad)

edit: as of now I can't see kerbin anymore, but I can sure tell by how much I missed the sun. Seems to be off by about 30 degrees. Time warp is up to 10000x and it's still awfully far.

edit2: taking a while but I got in the 3 million range now. It's getting pretty slow.

edit3: about 70 days in I'm at 7 million km from kerbin or so, still going strong.

Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:27 pm

DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!! :lol:
Image[/align=centre]

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:32 pm

hahahhaha, yes.

edit:

You can't see it, but center screen is kerbin. So basically I'm about half way there I think. That's assuming this is a perfect profile view, but with everything so small it's hard to figure that out.

also SO MUCH LENS FLARE. It's like a JJ abrams movie in here.

oh, and jebediah is still having a good time. I bet they cannibalize him first out of spite. There's no way that capsule has that much food or water in it.

edit 2:

And so after missing the sun entirely, all hope vanished from our worthy crew of being flung back to their homeworld. They now see that theirs was never a mission of heroics and discovery, but rather something along the lines of an experiment. They are disposable. The prospect of entering deep space never to return eats away at their sanity.

Jebediah's remains wouldn't go out through the waste chute, and so bob and bill must live with the consequences (and smell) of their desperate actions for the remainder of their voyage. A few days ago a speck of dust shot through their ship at prodigious speed, and while they successfully managed to avert too much air escaping by plugging the openings with some of their comrade's teeth, the low-power navigation systems have been permanently dismantled. Their last hope had been to run into an outer ring planet and use the momentum from looping around several in succession added to their prodigious speed to get back home (using the last burst of rcs fuel they have) however this is no longer possible.

Bill has descended into a sort of religious fervor, saying that the sun mermaids shall be their saviors over and over again under his breath. Bob, always so cautious (which some seem to mistake for cowardice) eyes what few instruments they have left and says nothing. One of them needs to stop breathing, quick. He loves his brothers, but he was always the most clever. He has a plan.

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:56 pm

This is honestly as far as the game will let me zoom out.

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:04 pm

Fuck you bill.

Fuck you because you were right.

Fuck you because this makes no goddam sense.

Hopefully someone, somewhere cracks a smile.

I seem to have not saved the final rocket, but this one has almost all the stages. Should get you there fine.
http://www.mediafire.com/?8g1thq6ewhcj61h

Taskforce 58
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-104, Tu-95, Piaggio Avanti

Post by Taskforce 58 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:09 pm

Shutter wrote:And so after missing the sun entirely, all hope vanished from our worthy crew of being flung back to their homeworld. They now see that theirs was never a mission of heroics and discovery, but rather something along the lines of an experiment. They are disposable. The prospect of entering deep space never to return eats away at their sanity.

Jebediah's remains wouldn't go out through the waste chute, and so bob and bill must live with the consequences (and smell) of their desperate actions for the remainder of their voyage. A few days ago a speck of dust shot through their ship at prodigious speed, and while they successfully managed to avert too much air escaping by plugging the openings with some of their comrade's teeth, the low-power navigation systems have been permanently dismantled. Their last hope had been to run into an outer ring planet and use the momentum from looping around several in succession added to their prodigious speed to get back home (using the last burst of rcs fuel they have) however this is no longer possible.

Bill has descended into a sort of religious fervor, saying that the sun mermaids shall be their saviors over and over again under his breath. Bob, always so cautious (which some seem to mistake for cowardice) eyes what few instruments they have left and says nothing. One of them needs to stop breathing, quick. He loves his brothers, but he was always the most clever. He has a plan.
Back on Kerbin, a large grassroot movement has started to partition for the Church of Kerbol to have Jebediah Kerman beatified. This will pave the way for Jebediah's evential canonization.

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Awesomely epic. I want that rocket.

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Just tried out the 17 stage one I posted. It's harder to fly but it works. Just be generous with the rcs at the start, there's plenty to go around.

And am I the only one who likes playing with a lot of stages? I mean, I just feel there's something a little magical about seeing one be ejected and slowly move away. Makes me smile a little every time.

Phoenix
Legend
Legend

Post by Phoenix » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:10 pm

nah, I use many, but not that many.

Also, fuel lines are not broken, and I have placed struts (before it would self destruct)

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:41 pm

I, Rise and Shine, offer my company, AGMC Industries ltd., as contractor for the construction of the YSFHQ Space Station and rockets to supply it.
And here's a design of one of the rockets:

Note: Who can't read my hand writing (Understandable) ask and I'll write it here.

Note 2: All materials are stock. I'll see if any addon is needed.

Taskforce 58
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-104, Tu-95, Piaggio Avanti

Post by Taskforce 58 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Rise and Shine wrote:Note: Who can't read my hand writing (Understandable) ask and I'll write it here.
"Clear written instructions"
- Not Kerbal

"Just build the thing and GO! And if it doesn't quite fly, ADD MORE BOOSTERS!"
- That's KERBAL!

(my favorite topic on the KSP forum: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/ind ... pic=2365.0)

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:09 pm

lol dude you're right. Can I be one of your contractors?

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:53 pm

I am building a mad stock 30 stage rocket. There's just something awesome about flying with the crap stock parts, and having your rocket wiggle like it's made of playdoh.

halberdier25
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by halberdier25 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:32 am

Really, we need to be able to haul Kerbals and their cargo into LKO with a reasonable expectation of success. It has been our experience that, yes, while bigger is better, taller is better than wider.