Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C

Re: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

Post by Crazypilot » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:52 am

Ooh played a demo of that one LOVED IT.
Boneless Pizza

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:52 pm

halberdier25 wrote:AC4? Anyone?
Me too, although I rented it, I played the story lots of times. And when I say lots of times, I say LOTS OF TIMES. Fun? Yes. Bored to repeat the same history? No.
Great game.
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!

halberdier25
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified

Post by halberdier25 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Remember the time you first beat Megalith? And you had some, like, mega-choir singing a liturgical yet epic Agnus Dei as you fucking wrecked shit in that S-37 you sold six other planes to buy? Good times, man. I wish Namco would bring that shit back.

GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: B-747, F-14, F-22, F-15, Su-35 , J-20, Comac ARJ21

Post by GimiGlider » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:06 am

ToxicSkylinesMH10 wrote:well, I would definitely say that it looks very amazing.
Gameplay looks very exciting.

But two things :(

I'm not not one of those spend 60 bucks on a game kind of guys.
and I dont even have an Xbox 360 or a PS3 :?

I love my shareware :)

lol. dont give me the hater crap because everyone knows that whoever gives that lip to me has done it themselves too :lol:
I'm just being honest here
Same here! The only gaming devices that (officaly) belong to me are my computer and phone. That's it. My sister: Same as me. My mom:Same
My dad: Computer, phone, Ps2, and PsP.
一寸光陰一寸金,寸金難買寸光陰。-Chinese Proverb
English Translation: One Inch of time and one inch of gold, the inch of gold cannot buy the inch of time.
Pretty wise proverb, eh?

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:50 pm

halberdier25 wrote:Remember the time you first beat Megalith? And you had some, like, mega-choir singing a liturgical yet epic Agnus Dei as you fucking wrecked shit in that S-37 you sold six other planes to buy? Good times, man. I wish Namco would bring that shit back.
I will never forget that game. I hope ACAH can at least be a 1/16 as epic as it was.

Dragonheart R1
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: 737-300

Post by Dragonheart R1 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:40 am

Ah, AC04. The best of the best. I do plan to get ACAH when I manage to get my hands on a PS3, but for now, I'm perfectly happy with the 5 previous games I own.

Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C

Post by Crazypilot » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:15 pm

I played ACAH just now at a friends house and I gotta say I'm dissapointed mostly WHERE IS MY WEIRD NAMED FICTIONAL COUNTRY?!And destroying the Trinity...well it felt nothing like killing the other boss's in previous games but the graphics are good.
Boneless Pizza

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Got it. I must say that it lives up to what it says on the rear of the box. I believe I have completed a quarter of the campaign.

SvenPhantom
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified

Post by SvenPhantom » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:17 am

I got it for Christmas, hopefully I'll start playing tomorrow...I was playing Assasin's Creed all day...and decided to give MW3 a chance (horrid it was at that).
If God had wanted the army to fly, he would have made the sky brown.
If God meant man to fly, He'd have given us bigger wallets.
If God had meant for men to fly he would have made their bones hollow and not their heads.

Yellowknife
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon

Post by Yellowknife » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:45 am

I started AC at Fires of Liberation, which turned me on to the series as a whole. I bought Assault Horizon largely because the trailer music was an awesome remix of "The Liberation of Gracemeria" (similar remixes also appear in Missions 01 and 02 of AH, that I know of so far). Currently, I'm stuck at the part where

[spoilers]

you have to kill the second wave of Tu-95s over Dubai. They're amazingly resilient and you've only got one minute to kill (I think) at least four. Coming from different directions. And sometimes the computer doesn't register hits. It's frustrating as hell. EDIT: Oh, and the attention-deficit targeting system occasionally decides it would be more fun to track a MiG, meaning you have to waste valuable seconds trying to find the Tu-95 again. And speaking of MiGs, you have to constantly avoid their DFM circles. Which is no fun when nothing you do seems to shake them off.

[/spoilers]

Any ideas, guys?
Hawaiian Airways VA pilot, PID N003HA - tag [HAVA-N003HA]Yellowknife - from 28/12/11
YS Royal Australian Air Force officer cadet - tag [RAAF]Yellowknife - from 29/12/11

GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GimiGlider » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:58 am

Dunno, but I'll ask my friend milton. he finished the game in 5 days. My advice is:
Wait, what? He said there was only one Tu-95 over dubai? Ok, I'm confused, but still, shoot the wings and engines. Should end their lives faster.
English Translation: One Inch of time and one inch of gold, the inch of gold cannot buy the inch of time.
Pretty wise proverb, eh?

Yellowknife
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon

Post by Yellowknife » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:05 am

GimiGlider wrote:Dunno, but I'll ask my friend milton. he finished the game in 5 days. My advice is:
Wait, what? He said there was only one Tu-95 over dubai? Ok, I'm confused, but still, shoot the wings and engines. Should end their lives faster.
What difficulty was he playing on? I'm on Pilot and I track two pairs of Tu-95s coming from different directions.
Hawaiian Airways VA pilot, PID N003HA - tag [HAVA-N003HA]Yellowknife - from 28/12/11
YS Royal Australian Air Force officer cadet - tag [RAAF]Yellowknife - from 29/12/11

GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GimiGlider » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:17 am

Nevermind...I'll ask him later. I think it was either easy or normal.
Pretty wise proverb, eh?

bernholm
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777-9X

Post by bernholm » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:52 pm

The Tu-95s come in waves. The first is 1 TU-95, which you can shoot down. Then there are 4 which you shoot down too. Then a 6th one comes and flies erratically, and you wait a moment, then shoot it down. You have to shoot them all before they reach the city, which is 3 minute window or sumthing.

GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GimiGlider » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:00 pm

^Credits to milton^
Pretty wise proverb, eh?

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:11 pm

One thing I dislike about ACAH is the remix of the old Fires of Liberation music. They are very good at being original and creating new music and should have done that with this one too. Instead they took AC6 music and tried to make it sound more "action-like" when it was just fine. I still listen to the AC6 music because it reminds me of each mission in the old game and I can think about the story of the game along with it.

That reminds me to another thing. The story in ACAH was just not up to par with the older ones in the series. It could be because they moved to the real world in which they really didn't need to. They could've kept every new element of the game and stayed in Ace Combat World and it would be way better. Anyways it's still a pretty good game however it just doesn't leave me with the same feeling I've had playing previous ones.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

bernholm
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777-9X

Post by bernholm » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:38 am

VNAF ONE wrote:One thing I dislike about ACAH is the remix of the old Fires of Liberation music. They are very good at being original and creating new music and should have done that with this one too. Instead they took AC6 music and tried to make it sound more "action-like" when it was just fine. I still listen to the AC6 music because it reminds me of each mission in the old game and I can think about the story of the game along with it.

That reminds me to another thing. The story in ACAH was just not up to par with the older ones in the series. It could be because they moved to the real world in which they really didn't need to. They could've kept every new element of the game and stayed in Ace Combat World and it would be way better. Anyways it's still a pretty good game however it just doesn't leave me with the same feeling I've had playing previous ones.
This guy knows his words.

TF108 Warwolf

Post by TF108 Warwolf » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:22 am

I LOVED AC:AH. Especially the bomber missions. In fact, I liked it so much I felt that I would even be ready to sell something valuable for it. :)

Comments on the missions:
Nightmare: Intriguing and interesting, considering it's just a nightmare
Red Moon: Waste of time?
Blue on Blue: Heart-pounding, intense, brings back memories of 8492 (AC5)
Power Play: Anyone watching from afar would think it was a more modern version of Top Gun
Siege: Crazy when landing and then refueling before taking off again
Aftermath: BRING IT ON!
Hurricane: I think I'm going to be sick (from flying into the tornado and getting motion sickness, in a good way)...
Akula: OMG, WTF?!?! Almost unplayable

The few things that ruined the game were the story (imagine if it were written by Dale Brown!), use of real-world locations and the fact that most reviewers thought the game sucked (the reviewers from Gamespot and 1UP shouldn't even be reviewers - that's just a whole lot of BS they say).

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:12 pm

I'm gonna say what I said in Electrosphere.
I played in the medium difficulty. Still, how in the world are you not passing those missions?! They are not that difficult!

Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:27 am

Yellowknife wrote:I started AC at Fires of Liberation, which turned me on to the series as a whole. I bought Assault Horizon largely because the trailer music was an awesome remix of "The Liberation of Gracemeria" (similar remixes also appear in Missions 01 and 02 of AH, that I know of so far). Currently, I'm stuck at the part where

[spoilers]

you have to kill the second wave of Tu-95s over Dubai. They're amazingly resilient and you've only got one minute to kill (I think) at least four. Coming from different directions. And sometimes the computer doesn't register hits. It's frustrating as hell. EDIT: Oh, and the attention-deficit targeting system occasionally decides it would be more fun to track a MiG, meaning you have to waste valuable seconds trying to find the Tu-95 again. And speaking of MiGs, you have to constantly avoid their DFM circles. Which is no fun when nothing you do seems to shake them off.

[/spoilers]

Any ideas, guys?
aim for the engines. same with all bombers.
If YSFlight would gib fighters somewhat like AC:AH, i'd play it for the explosions.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████