Minecraft Workshop

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
MPP
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: The 241st Black Flanker

Minecraft Workshop

Post by MPP » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Hello. I thought since as Minecraft is pretty popular, and that I play it, we could share our creations (And use this as WIP thread too!) My username over on MCForums and in-game (Minecraft) is Miner_Eno (Just so you know!)

Anyway, here's what I'm building at the moment. It's a Victorian house (Recreated as well as possible on the outside) with some creative twists by me. (I.E. The inside is going to be as modern as possible)
This has taken me about two days to complete in Creative mode, all blocks placed by hand. No external programs used.

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few... --Winston Churchill

halberdier25
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified

Re: Minecraft Workshop

Post by halberdier25 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:36 pm

Can't be arsed to load it up, but I built an underwater fortress once complete with arboretum and farming. Hardest part was draining the water.

By far my longest build was draining a 100x100 section of the ocean and digging straight down to bedrock (much TNT was used) and roofing it with glass then refilling the ocean.

Also constructed: a volcano.

Haven't booted it up since this summer, though.

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:21 am

Minecraft is terrifying in its ability to eat away your time. I haven't dared play it in quite a while.

MPP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MPP » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Shutter wrote:Minecraft is terrifying in its ability to eat away your time. I haven't dared play it in quite a while.
True, but if you know when enough is enough, your ok. Plus you can just work on things in little chunks (Like, half an hour). I've heard of quite a few Minecraft "Addiction" stories. Not sure if they're true or not, but still, Minecraft is one of those games where you can just totally lose track of time and end up playing for hours on end. (Not something I've done, or ever will do. Just gotta be careful)

'eh, no need to be so scared of MC, Shutter...
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few... --Winston Churchill

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Haha, that's not what I meant at all. I haven't played much since about dec. 2010, and what I mean is that for anything fun to actually happen or be built you had to spend ridiculous amounts of time in-game, and the payoffs aren't worth it. Doesn't help when you're playing on your friend's server and all the people you know are destroying each others buildings and stealing stuff from chests. It was pretty lame and the guy who hosted the server I played on moved to the west coast this summer, and I haven't really been all that interested in playing since.

Honestly? Minecraft is dead to me.

MPP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MPP » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:07 pm

Ah, I see now. To be honest, I don't mind the times you have to spend building things (Gives me something to do when I've got nothing else to do), but that's me.

USCG Helo 1
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Warthog

Post by USCG Helo 1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:25 am

I don't have any pictures of anything, but I do have a video. My friends and I made this for an English project. I made the first video, yes, the music sucks. for some reason Fraps wasn't recording sound. My friend Jordan made the second video. It's the finished product. However, I don't know if you all will be able to see it since he uploaded it to facebook.

/watch?v=XDF_uI-yHFE
/photo.php?v=2105344445845
Only the weak boast, only the humiliated insult. Honor is not shown by your prowess in combat, but by your character and ability to uphold others and stay loyal to them. Honor is union, honor is discipline, honor is pride.

MPP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MPP » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:19 pm

I can only see the one on Youtube, but that's not a problem, what you two have build is amazing! How (and where) did you two learn how to do that with redstone? Must have taken you ages to learn that, experiment with it and then finally build it. I am impressed!

USCG Helo 1
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Warthog

Post by USCG Helo 1 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:47 am

I actually built the thing as I went, with little to no research at all. About all the research I did was looking up the blueprints for an RS NOR latch. There was a little fiddling involved when I was incorporating said latch, but other than that it took a little less than 20 minutes to build. There were only 2 issues that I encountered: 1 was a matter of available space to place all the redstone (because the stuff takes up a LOT of space), and the other was more of a practical joke. Someone decided it would be funny to place a block of TNT in the middle of it all, and, of course, TNT can be triggered by redstone.... I logged on, flipped the switch, and a gigantic hole magically appeared.
Only the weak boast, only the humiliated insult. Honor is not shown by your prowess in combat, but by your character and ability to uphold others and stay loyal to them. Honor is union, honor is discipline, honor is pride.

GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: B-747, F-14, F-22, F-15, Su-35 , J-20, Comac ARJ21

Post by GimiGlider » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:53 am

MPP wrote:
Shutter wrote:Minecraft is terrifying in its ability to eat away your time. I haven't dared play it in quite a while.
True, but if you know when enough is enough, your ok. Plus you can just work on things in little chunks (Like, half an hour). I've heard of quite a few Minecraft "Addiction" stories. Not sure if they're true or not, but still, Minecraft is one of those games where you can just totally lose track of time and end up playing for hours on end. (Not something I've done, or ever will do. Just gotta be careful)

'eh, no need to be so scared of MC, Shutter...
The minecraft addiction stories are true. My sister is very addicted currently, to minecraft (and youtube).
Btw, here is an image of my main world, "Snowy world"
http://gimiglider.deviantart.com/art/My ... -268389896
一寸光陰一寸金,寸金難買寸光陰。-Chinese Proverb
English Translation: One Inch of time and one inch of gold, the inch of gold cannot buy the inch of time.
Pretty wise proverb, eh?

MPP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MPP » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:10 am

Hmm, I see. Anyway, nice work on the airport. Looks pretty big (Gotta be I suppose). I doubt I'll build anything that big any time soon (Takes me long enough to build a small house)

GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GimiGlider » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:36 pm

uh...you haven't seen other's airports...my area in minecraft is small, but includes 2 airports, one from inside a mountain...and a lots of tunnels. It's highly urbanized.
English Translation: One Inch of time and one inch of gold, the inch of gold cannot buy the inch of time.
Pretty wise proverb, eh?

Justen Not Relevent
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: T-50 Pak Fa and Pave Low

Post by Justen Not Relevent » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:12 am

My summer project was a 1:1 scale UNSC Frigate... I have most of the shell done, yet to do the prongs in the front. As for the interior, I have a main lift, the rear hangar bay, mess hall, and some crews quarters and the bridge, which I sort of made up

I will post pics as soon as I get it uploaded onto a server somewhere, and get the interior all made up.
Image lolwut?
Shadow Hunters Marshal Aviátsii

GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GimiGlider » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:14 am

http://cdniseagle12.edublogs.org/
That's bernholm's. Oh god, he's going to kill me for posting that...oh well then...:P
Pretty wise proverb, eh?

bernholm
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777-9X

Post by bernholm » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:07 am

Well, he's right. /kill GimiGlider

My greatest work so far is a huge castle I have been working on for quite some time now, and is highly realitisic (unlike GimiGlider's terribly modernized castle). I'll post up a pic sooner or later.

Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C

Post by Crazypilot » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:14 am

Just got the full version of Minecraft today I'll see what I can build.
Boneless Pizza

GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GimiGlider » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:25 am

Currently building a medivial castle.Pretty big.
Pretty wise proverb, eh?

bernholm
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bernholm » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:34 am

Mine is bigger. Plus yours is really out of its time, I mean sinks? With working taps? Really?

GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GimiGlider » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:38 am

Note: They don't work, and I just revealed your blog and superworld to the whole ysfhq.
Pretty wise proverb, eh?

bernholm
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bernholm » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:40 am

Yeah? I'm not mad. Thanks for showing off all my work to the HQ, now I have gained popularity points.

You dun goofed GimiGlider