Your ambitions...

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Sierra
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: A car

Re: Your ambitions...

Post by Sierra »

My ambitions are to work at McDonalds for minimum wage so I can support a family of 4+.

Getting into cardiology or general surgery would be neat as well, but those don't offer discounts on big macs.
PilotC
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: _

Post by PilotC »

Sierra wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:37 amMy ambitions are to work at McDonalds for minimum wage so I can support a family of 4+.

Getting into cardiology or general surgery would be neat as well, but those don't offer discounts on big macs.
Edgy
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Life.One day at a time ;)
Image[/align=centre]
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Graditate.

Also, survive the next 5 years on Ocrevus without getting some nasty infection and dying.

Fun times.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

Flake wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:35 pmAlso, survive the next 5 years on Ocrevus without getting some nasty infection and dying.
Gunny wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:21 pmLife.One day at a time ;)
Sometimes the simplest goals are the best.
Stephen
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Things With Wings

Post by Stephen »

Start a part-time business running a doughnut trailer, finish engine (EFI) tuning training, and save up enough money to start my own mechanic/tuning/bodyshop business. :)
Ruskiwaffle1991
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Too many to name :)
Location: Philippines, Earth, Sol System, random arm thing of the Milky Way, random supercluster, Universe

Post by Ruskiwaffle1991 »

1. Make a low-poly WWII flight sim with semi-realistic physics and an alternate timeline.
2. Survive what my fellow Filipino weird prediction people think is an impending zombie apocalypse which would hopefully not arrive.
3. Make different RC aircraft and sell them to people.
4. Be a Cessna Skyhawk pleb.
5. Get a better PC so I could play War Thunder and fricking rage because some hackerman pwned me.
Never ask a man his salary,
A (i completely forgot)
A Me 262 pilot, how many times his plane's engines caught on fire.
Pipes_Gripes
Favorite Aircraft: J1N Gekko

Post by Pipes_Gripes »

Hoping to pass my PPL Knowledge test on Feb. 1, then move through the rest of the licensing process.
Eventually I want to own a fabric-covered biplane, ideally with a radial. My neighbor's Stearman really got me hooked on the concept.
Welshy
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Sea Jet

Post by Welshy »

My ambition is to be drunk tonight, it'll be the same tomorrow and Sunday
YSFHQ Elected Overlord
Overlord of VMFA-125 (CVW-171)
Previously Supreme Overlord of 323rd CAW
Friendly Neighbourhood Miscreant
Head Honcho at Talking Aero and British Defence
If you see me post like this in a thread pay attention!
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: One of them

Post by Alpha Star »

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Cheese

Post by Crazypilot »

Build Drug Empire, locate Soji. Get my henchmen to throw millions at his face until he hands over the source code. Get my henchmen to find some good code monkeys. Make them add every feature I've ever wanted to this game.

After that, I think I'll overdose and die.
Gunny
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

I just fulfilled one of my ambition, upgraded to a new[rebuilt]computer, Dell optiplex running Windows 10. May not seem much but it runs rings around my old xp. Even on my most heavily populated sceneries with elevation grids and ground objects It is running in the mid 20s FPS. And runs smooth as glass in 2015 D3D. Primary 54" screen for the game and a 32" monitor to run Navplanner like a poor mans GPS. I use my old xp with the 32" monitor to run all the older utilities that don't work in Windows 10. But the Navplanner and scenery editor do run well in 10. I will be posting screenshot, otherwise it didn't happen, right ;)
Image[/align=centre]
Bear
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Bell 412, AW139

Post by Bear »

Ooh… just discovered this thread. This list changes every few months and of course none of it is guaranteed, so I’ll say that I like Gunny’s response, “life one day at a time”. However, if I could have it my way, it would look something like this.
Graduate high school, go to college for aeronautical engineering or similar, commission into the Air National Guard or Reserve out of ROTC, and fly HH-60 Pave Hawks or A-10s. If I can afford it, I’ll go to the National Test Pilot School and get trained there. Regardless of of that happens, I’ll definitely be looking for a job as a test pilot. Not sure where- it could be at a large company like Boeing or Scaled Composites, or a smaller one like Wasabi Flight Test. If I wind up going to New York instead of one of the West Coast CSAR squadrons, I’ll start my own firm. If the test pilot thing doesn’t work out, I’ll have the option to go full-time in the Guard or take an airline job. I’ve got a lot of thing I want to do in life, and I can’t do ‘em all. So for now, it’ll be Gunny’s answer. Live life to the fullest. One day at a time.
Hover lover.