YSFHQ Bitcoin Mining Pool

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
TB1
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 202 SQ RAF Sea King

YSFHQ Bitcoin Mining Pool

Post by TB1 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:29 pm

Hello all,

I've started mining Bitcoins in a pool (don't really know why I didn't start sooner) and it got me thinking, why don't we have YSFHQ pool?

It is a relatively simple idea, everyone on the forum joins the pool and our combined CPU power mines the Bitcoins, which are then divided up to all members whose PCs were in the pool.

I can host the server to be able to achieve this, the only problem is it involves some quite complex setting up which is beyond by abilities.

If anyone has the necessary skills, which will involve some Linux coding and creating a frontend website, let me know.

I think this could be quite cool if we could achieve it, hopefully you all think so too!

Have a lovely weekend,

TB1.

p.s. Eric is in "hot demand" before anyone suggests asking him :p

[tb1]123[/tb1]

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: YSFHQ Bitcoin Mining Pool

Post by Flake » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:08 pm

No point without hard ware. So many folks mining BTC now a days you will need a dedicated miner card. or 10. and let me tell you, they are not cheap.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Post by Ace Lord » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:42 am

It does take some serious specialized hardware to mine Bitcoins, and none of it is cheap. If it were possible to "cloud compute" in the most literal sense of the word (multiple separate processors performing a shared task over the internet or LAN), then mining would be less of a problem. However, this is currently impossible.

Besides, it is far cheaper and easier to just donate.

TheJuli
Penguin Airways VA
Penguin Airways VA
Favorite Aircraft: B777

Post by TheJuli » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:21 am

Plus it would take a very looooong time just to make a couple of bucks. The profit is low for what hardware we acquire :roll: