P-51 Dragon Fighter

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

P-51 Dragon Fighter

Post by iqmal_97 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:56 pm

Ladies and gents. It's my pleasure to present this abomination of a film I recently found while browsing through reddit.
P-51 Mustangs vs Fascist Dragons!
No, this thing apparently exists!
You can't make this $#!T up even if you tried!

"Those special effects gave me cancer" -ragestar23

"We need to create a word describing the feel between "disgusted" and "amazed"." -Kefeng

"The dragons probably have broken Flight Models." -IggyWon

Topkek.

This things isn't even worthy of being in the Aviation Discussion section.
Feel free to leave your thoughts about this movie.
Last edited by iqmal_97 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)

Gennaro
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777, F-16

Re: P-51 Dragon Fighter

Post by Gennaro » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:15 pm

I like coffee and mexican food, but not at the same time.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:43 pm

A student the other day was telling me about a video game on Steam set in WWII where the Nazis have dinosaurs. It's called Dino D-Day.

Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:24 pm

Ok vary few P-51s And vary few dragons.I think some of our members could make a better show of it.This is a stinker for sure. :lol: :lol:
Image[/align=centre]

Silver Sergeant
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Mig 29 fulcrum

Post by Silver Sergeant » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:15 pm

this is a bit late but here is my thought.
Dragon vs Fighter(espically ww2 fighter) has aways been a secret dogfighting fantasy of mine (dragons are the best fantasy creature), and i was a bit excited watching the trailer.hopefully the movie is not serious but rather lay back have stupid pleasure of watching awesome dogfight action between dragons and fighter.

on the other hand the dragon seems ugly(i prefer a dragon with majestic and coolness) and not very well animated(which may just ruin the action part of the movie). and also the story is, um, nothing good, if you decided to watch the movie it should only be for the action or else it would just be bizzare.

and on a side note have no one made a mod for this ? because this idea is sweet!
Image <-- i am not that blue creature in the cockpit now

я не русский. лололол :D

Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Post by Monoceros » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:49 pm

Maybe it will be like "The FP" where the movie took itself way too serious but was ultimately a gigantic joke and middle finger to the fans of that genre and the purpose of the movie (there is one, but I can't bring myself to type it since it's that horrible).

Copperhead
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: YF-23A Black Widow II

Post by Copperhead » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:28 pm

I think P-47s are needed...

^The Murican^

"Well boys, I reckon this is it...nuclear combat toe to toe with the Ruskies." - Major Kong

kiwiflieger
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Die Fledermaus

Post by kiwiflieger » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Quoting Silver Sergeant,
Silver Sergeant wrote:this is a bit late but here is my thought.
Dragon vs Fighter(espically ww2 fighter) has aways been a secret dogfighting fantasy of mine (dragons are the best fantasy creature), and i was a bit excited watching the trailer.hopefully the movie is not serious but rather lay back have stupid pleasure of watching awesome dogfight action between dragons and fighter.

on the other hand the dragon seems ugly(i prefer a dragon with majestic and coolness) and not very well animated(which may just ruin the action part of the movie). and also the story is, um, nothing good, if you decided to watch the movie it should only be for the action or else it would just be bizzare.

and on a side note have no one made a mod for this ? because this idea is sweet!
I have to agree with Silver Sergeant here, dragon vs. plane has always been a secret dogfighting fantasy of mine as well. Someone should definitely make an addon that allows people to do this!
Currently dormant... playing IL2 Cliffs of Dover

Gunny
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Image[/align=centre]

Skyline
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Velocity XL-RG

Post by Skyline » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:27 am

Iqmal wrote:You can't make this $#!T up even if you tried!
Usually that's said when something true happens, not when someone actually did make it up.

Silver Sergeant
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Silver Sergeant » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:11 pm

if you guys won't mind, i am going to express some of my thought of dragons here.

in this long post, i am gonna talk about a western dragon in general, not armed with any human weapon or accessory, and no magic either (as everyone has a different thought on how magic should work) only breath attacks.

i feel dragons are more of a ground attack plane/creature (like a gunship) ,its has a powerful, if not limitless breath attack, and its though hides are great defence against small arms, and the ability to hover is invaluable for an ground attack. Like when Hannibal attacked roman they brought elephant which gave the romans quite the shock as they never seen one before, same applies to dragons. you could have humans mounted on the dragon shooting from high to low, but in my opinion it is completely impractical unless as a last ditch transport. and of course its capable of landing and claw and throw stuff around.and they fly faster than a helicopter( i believe).

but however, there are disadvantage of dragons as well, like a gunship, its air to air is not very optimal and in some case a helicopter may have better air defence, because its only real long range defence is a breath attack, and flames don't travel fast enough to hit a fast moving fighter even if it did, the fighter is going to fly right through it without much harm(unless they forgot to drop their fuel tank), but may be good against slow moving helicopter. Dragons also, since it is not designed by human with hard point you can't just put missile on it and fire it, it will have to throw bombs if it want to attack with something, of holding a gun of some sort, but that could be easily done with a helicopter or fighter.it only have 2 hand, or 4 counting its feets thats just 4 bombs, much less than an average fighter. it will have to wear a bag of some sort to carry more, but the bag is a big target for enemy fire, if it is hit it will damage the dragon. and back to my first point, its very, very vulnerable to ANY missile attack, a fighter can easily shot the dragon with bvr missiles as its is such a big and hot target for any radar, and hides are no good when it comes to explosion, same applies for SAM. and ultimately the breath attack is only good against infantry, any tanks would be able to hold up against fire long enough for a return shot, a missile on the other hand kills its mark instantly. a melee throw would be the best way to kill tanks with dragons , but landing makes it not as maneuverable thus not very optimal,(and close range small fire arms shot to the eyes is bad!). and unlike machines, unless its potty trained, cleaning up its feces is one hell of a work.

in conclusion, dragons are not real so every thing i just wrote is imagination only(pretty much for nothing), but its good to have some imagination some times isn't it ;)

ysmajor
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Curtiss P-40B Warhawk

Post by ysmajor » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:10 pm

Couldnt see the movie due to China blocking youtube, but there is a great dragon in CEP somewhere.
Forgot where exactly.

With a bit of modding you could make that look pretty cool on YS.

Silver Sergeant
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Silver Sergeant » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:57 am

ysmajor wrote:Couldnt see the movie due to China blocking youtube
maybe you can try a proxy like vpn.

Digger
Favorite Aircraft: Chengdu J-20, Do-335

Post by Digger » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:07 pm

Reminds me of that one Amiga/DOS game that is Jetstrike.