FORUM GAMES ARE BACK!

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

FORUM GAMES ARE BACK!

Post by Flake »

Thanks for visiting YSFlightHeadquarters!

For your enjoyment, we do have a this forum for general discussion of non YS things, plus we also have forum games and the like here.

YSFHQ is, first and foremost, about YSFlight, and we encourage you to keep it that way.

That said, we are happy to have you here participating in some forum games, so please do enjoy your time here.

Wishing you a pleasent time here at YSFHQ!

Flake
Elected Staff (Forums), Semester 1 2017.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
megaprime13
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: 737

Re: Miscellania Forum - Why do we have it?

Post by megaprime13 »

Thanks for posting Flake.

Now I can stop pestering you with my posting of non applicable threads. ;)
Copperhead: "I could care less about politics anyways"
Sentinel182 wrote: at the moment im this many years
*middle finger*
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Post by iqmal_97 »

This needs to be said. Hope you guys can follow them. Remember, there's nothing wrong in creating a new misc. topic, but it should be balanced and quantitatively appropriate. Cheers!
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura »

These forum games are pointless. We have a Game right on our desktop all of us play, why the hell don't we play that?
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Member of YSCE Development Committee - I don't code, I compile.
Margatroid
CVW-171
CVW-171
Favorite Aircraft: F-14D

Post by Margatroid »

the misc forum does have a purpose, as you said. dragons thread for example is particularly interesting, but yeah, it does need to be cleared of garbage, post-boosting bullshit topics in my opinion. ive always hated the forum games and they need to die.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

I miss TPBM. I'm think about making it into a game for servers. Pilots take turns flying below each other and dropping bombs. Pretty much how it worked on the forum.
CalvT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18E

Post by CalvT »

I also think the signature one was good - it was a place where we could criticize sigs, and hopefully the bad ones would be got rid of, after all there are some very bad ones out there! Mine isn't the best...
While I miss TPBM & BTPAM, they often had nothing to do with YSFlight apart from the fact most of us posting there used it! In my mind it was a funny waste of time, and a way to build up posts to seem better than you might be.
Shutter
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: wut

Post by Shutter »

This has come up so many times, both on forum and off-forum among admins. Leave it as it is. The rest of the forum won't magically become better and more active because you kill a section you don't like, particularly the one a bunch of other people do like. Yeah, it's shitposts, but they're shitposting on this forum, and while doing so are more likely to have a look at the rest of the forum while they're here. I've been on both sides of the argument and when it comes down to it killing it is just you waving the "no fun allowed" flag.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

Two serious comments:
1. I came back to YSF because I was posting on the TPBM topic.
2. I haven't missed it since it's been closed.
3. I can't count.

I hate being serious. :lol:
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura »

I have to agree with Patrick on that one. That and the lack of MilAv Activity sorta left me with no reason to play online.
Oh, and and you're one over, there, pat. :lol:
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Member of YSCE Development Committee - I don't code, I compile.
Margatroid
CVW-171
CVW-171
Favorite Aircraft: F-14D

Post by Margatroid »

Shutter wrote:This has come up so many times, both on forum and off-forum among admins. Leave it as it is. The rest of the forum won't magically become better and more active because you kill a section you don't like, particularly the one a bunch of other people do like. Yeah, it's shitposts, but they're shitposting on this forum, and while doing so are more likely to have a look at the rest of the forum while they're here. I've been on both sides of the argument and when it comes down to it killing it is just you waving the "no fun allowed" flag.
you wanting shitpost topics to stay?

did i enter some kind of alternative universe when i logged on?

you do have a point though.
megaprime13
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: 737

Post by megaprime13 »

Let me just ask, what is the difference between one thread being posted on by users almost everyday in another sub forum (like the addons, for conversational purposes), vs one in misc? Sure, as Margatroid says, the "shitpost" topics may be annoying, but how exactly does posting on one, like TPBM, really impact the forum so badly that it causes so much anger within a community, creating 2 fronts? Sure, we could and should be posting on relevant topics to the forum more often, also topics on YSF, and so forth. But we DO post on them. It may not happen as often, but we do. And we need to remember that at the moment. So why are the "shitposts" so frowned upon? Is it just because that's the majority people post on them? Well, if this is the case, then I think I know at least one cause. If the content of the forum is so boring, that it is more entertaining to post on, say, TPBM, then that is the problem. If people join this forum to create topics and post on topics that have nothing to do with the main focus of this forum because the main content is boring, then that is what is wrong. We need to create something interesting to everyone. This needs to happen, not by sitting on our asses, but by actually DOING THINGS.

I think a dedicated forum YT account with weekly/daily videos could be a start.

(I posted this after a long, tiring day. So if something is dumb in my paragraph, please excuse me.) 8-)
Copperhead: "I could care less about politics anyways"
Sentinel182 wrote: at the moment im this many years
*middle finger*
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

How about the silly game topics are closed during the week and opened only from Friday night to Sunday Night? :)
Stingx
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: ufo

Post by Stingx »

Guys this is a forum, not a bar.
Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18 Hornet

Post by Mobiyus »

just my two cents: forum games and whatnot could stay, as it's popular and makes some people happy. Personally, i don't care much, I don't read those so i don't post on those, and those who feels like me should just do the same.

Live and let live
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

It's really up to the Community Architects at this point, as they were the ones to instate the policy in the first place.

Your opinions have been been heard and noted.

IF a decision is made to change the ruling, you will be informed.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Update: After a review from your newly elected staff members, we have decided to bring back forum games in full.

Please feel free to post in any of the topics, or perhaps even start your own! We want you to have fun here at YSFHQ and if that means you enjoy the forum games, so be it. We just want to see our members active and having fun.

So please, do enjoy!

Unlocking this thread for discussion among forum members if you so desire! ;)
Folks there seems to be some blurring of misunderstanding about what this subforums purpose is.

Miscelanious stuff that doesn't fit into any other category.

Normally, yes, this means forum games as well. However, as stated by Eric recently, these forums games eg: TPBM / Ban the person above you etc. etc. have grown to being over 70% of the forums content, which is severely unbalanaced.

Misc. forum should be used for anything else. Great examples right now are Dragons029's UAV Thread, Weather in your area thread, even the BF3 stats thread.

Instead of posting these forum games to pass the time, why not jump on a YSFlight Server or the Teamspeak Server? Post some screenshots or replays in the General YS Section? There is so much more to YSFHQ then forum games, expand your horizons.

Thanks for understanding.