This Is Airsoft Thread!

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Skyline
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Velocity XL-RG

This Is Airsoft Thread!

Post by Skyline » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:30 pm

I was just snapping some photos of my airsoft for insurance, and it occurred to me that I don't know who else here might be into airsoft.
This is a crappy pic, but I'll edit the post with a better one later.
These are just a few of what I have, all of them GBB:
We-Tech Scar-L with carbon silencer, MagPul MBUS sights, and Walther scope (rail extension and side bipods on the way).
G&P M203 Grenade Launcher with MadBull M576 SlugShot grenade (replacement handguard/barrel shroud being made as we speak).
Stark/VFC Glock 18C with 5KU Magwell, Wii-Tech recoil spring and guide rod, and Guns Modify competition trigger.
We-Tech 1911 Hi-Capa 4.3.
KWC Desert Eagle.

What do you have?
Last edited by Skyline on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Re: This Is Airsoft Thread!

Post by decaff_42 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:46 pm

I have a broken Beretta 92fs springer. The plastic internals failed after a few years, but it was fun to take it appart and poke around for a bit.

I've been interested in getting a Gbb 1911 styled airsoft or .177 bb gun for a while that uses CO2. Purely for plinking fun. Any suggestions?
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Server Flight Log
Addon Database Submit Addon To Database

TheNicofabi
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon, Boeing 787

Post by TheNicofabi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:03 pm

I kinda bet that Airsoft guns for you guys are cheaper then here... though i am thinking in joining a Softair Club... if i ever have the money to buy myself one...
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself. First, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns. This time, as a great hero." - Ace Combat 5 - The Unsung War

MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Post by MD5Ray01 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:05 pm

I used to have a battery-operated airsoft gun (I can't recall what it was), but the barrel broke.
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015

Skyline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Skyline » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:48 pm

New and clearer pic uploaded.
@ Decaf; if you're wanting an airsoft gun, they only come in 6mm and 8mm. Anything like .177 is an airgun and is a completely different animal. Now, if you're wanting an airsoft 1911, it's hard to do better than We-Tech. They're about as high-quality as Tokyo Marui, and parts are widely available for upgrades and/or repairs. While they're run by propane, you can get CO2 magazines for them, possibly even buying one as opposed to the other. Elite Force also makes a fine CO2 1911 that is all metal and very inexpensive. My We Hi-Capa 4.3 is a double-stack 1911, and it only cost me $80, used. They can sell new for as much as $280, depending on the options. Almost every airsoft manufacturer out there has a 1911 platform. I suggest you search your local Kijiji or Craigslist for airsoft. If you find one you're curious about, PM me a link to the ad and I'll give you an idea whether it's worth the price or not, or if there could be any issues.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:01 am

Your picture doesn't work for me, Skyline. :?

This is my only 6mm spring-powered airsoft pistol. A cheap ($15) one I picked up at Wally World to play with around the house. I painted the clear slide black a few years ago, making sure the orange tip was still visible to prevent too much confusion. I left the frame clear for a two-tone look. It's not as loud as my 92FS or 1911, but I can't safely shoot those in my bedroom. :lol: It also fits the same holsters.

Cobalt09
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cobalt09 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:35 am

I'll get pictures soon, but I'm running airsoft on my budget. What I've got right now is a JG AUG A2 with a red dot on it (cheapest red dot I could find), and I have a Umarex USP for my sidearm.

My list isn't quite as impressive as yours...
Last edited by Cobalt09 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Am I back? Probably not.

Skyline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Skyline » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:17 am

Fixed my pic pro, see my first post. Input now?
Nothin wrong with your choices, Cobalt. I've a few more guns, including a We Baby HiCapa that I prefer over my 4.3. I'm also getting a Glock23F, but can't remember the brand at the moment. I need to find a compact sidearm I can stick with, my tastes lean towards compact or sub-compact. I'll likely stick with the 23F and sell the other pistols. I never even touch the Desert Eagle. It's almost useless for gaming.
The Scar and n00b tube, I'm getting buried with, lol.
Couple more nades on order too.
Last edited by Skyline on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:26 am

They look like the real things to me.

Skyline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Skyline » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:37 am

Heh, most people I know are giving up airsoft in favour of real steel. I went the other way and sold all my real guns for airsoft, lol.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:17 am

The ammo is a whole lot cheaper! haha

TheNicofabi
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon, Boeing 787

Post by TheNicofabi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:43 am

And the damage you do is alot less lol
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself. First, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns. This time, as a great hero." - Ace Combat 5 - The Unsung War

Skyline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Skyline » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:47 pm

I like that Aug Cobalt. Too bad you Americans have to have the orange tips intact. Canada doesn't require them.
I've installed my new rail extension for the Scar, and direct-mounted the n00b tube to it instead of to a rail.
I'm also about to receive a We M&P Little Bird in the mail. I'll post pics when I get it.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:17 pm

The orange tip varies from state to state. What makes it really silly is the guys who paint the compensator or flash suppressor on their AR and AK pistol orange. From what I understand, the orange tip has to be there when the airsoft gun is imported, but once it is sold the owner can paint or remove it if their state doesn't forbid it. Whatever you do, don't ever take your airsoft gun to New Jersey. They consider them to be real guns and will charge you with a felony for possession. :shock: New York would probably not be any happier with you.

Cobalt09
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cobalt09 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:37 pm

Yeah, the tip only needs to be orange when being purchased from a retailer or imported. Afterwards, it is A-OK to paint it or replace it with a black one. My current one is just plastic, and I'm eyeing a metal one to replace it with that will be all black. I'm also considering my options on the USP.
Am I back? Probably not.

Skyline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Skyline » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:56 pm

I make carbon fibre silencers in 14mm pos and neg threads. That'd be great in either your Aug or H&K. If you want a nice flash hider, Evike is a good US company.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:30 pm

"Silencers" (or any sound suppressor of any kind) are "firearms" under the US National Firearms Act from the 1930s. If it can be attached to a real gun, even if it would explode, it would require a $200 tax stamp after a 6-8-month background check and that is assuming it wasn't in one of the few states that outright ban sound suppressors. Some airguns have gotten around the suppressor laws by building them into the barrels of their airguns. The other option is to make barrel extensions that look like suppressors but do not in any way reduce the amount of sound produced. Again, it doesn't matter if it is made for a non-firearm. It only matters if it is a device made to reduce noise and can be placed on a real firearm.

:lol:

Skyline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Skyline » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Of course these aren't real silencers. They've no internals that could serve to reduce the report of a gunshot, and airsoft "silencers" are perfectly legal. Sold by US companies like Evike, and many other suppliers, they just have an inner tube, an outer tube, and end caps, one of which is usually threaded as I described above. Mine simply replace the aluminum outer shell with carbon fibre or kevlar.
In airsoft, silencers are merely cosmetic, or can cover the inner barrel of an airsoft gun with a cosmetic effect. On my Scar, it's merely cosmetic, so I can swap back to my stock flash hider.
Take a look at the Scar in my first pic of this topic.

Cobalt09
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cobalt09 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:13 am

I do like the look of your carbon silencer, and the flash hider I've been looking at is at Evike, along with a GP hop-up, lower face mask, goggles, a set of mid-caps and some silicon grease for the internals.

I'd like to order my airsoft bookmarks folder, but I really don't want to spend the money right now. Out of curiosity, though, how much would a 14 mm negative thread carbon silencer cost?

In reference to Patrick, airsoft silencers really can't do anything to quiet the noise of an airsoft gun, as most of it comes from the operating of the piston and gearbox. Any sound that would be made from the barrel would be whooshing air and a whistling BB.
Am I back? Probably not.

Skyline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Skyline » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:43 am

Well my silencer is 6", which I find to be nice on most rifles and the larger pistols.
I sell the 6' for $110cdn in either thread. The rest of the components are 6061 aluminum. The carbon fibre is left over from our Mehve Kitplane design, so after this carbon is gone I likely won't be doing any more.