Thought of the day.

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Thought of the day.

Post by Flake »

Post here your profound thought of the day. No real rules apart from the forums general rules. You had an idea about something (anything) post it!

---

Okay this is what I don't get in computing:

DDR2, two times faster then DDR1. DDR3, 2 times faster then DDR2. etc.

Computing has this sequential development system like that.

So we have IPv4: 127.0.0.1 which is sort of like a phone number.

Then we have IPv6: FE80:0000:0000:0000:0202:B3FF:FE1E:8329.

WhAT ThE aCTual FuuUUU-

Should not ipv5 be next with 127.0.0.0.1 and then ipv6 127.0.0.0.0.1? makes more sense to me then the gobbledy gook that it currently is.

Just these little things that make no sense to me. What will humanity do once we run out of ipv6?
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Thought of the day.

Post by iqmal_97 »

Gonna be taking driving lessons soon to get a driving license. Highschool is a thing of the past for me.

Just bought my 1st anime dvd 2 days ago at a bookstore for a price of RM38. Redline and Girls und Panzer. Also bought Lat's the Kampong Boy comic, nearly completing my collection.

And i never realized how good fried tapioca is combined with good ol' fashioned tea.
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Thought of the day.

Post by Ace Lord »

OfficerFlake wrote: So we have IPv4: 127.0.0.1 which is sort of like a phone number.

WhAT ThE aCTual FuuUUU-

Should not ipv5 be next with 127.0.0.0.1 and then ipv6 127.0.0.0.0.1? makes more sense to me then the gobbledy gook that it currently is.

Just these little things that make no sense to me. What will humanity do once we run out of ipv6?
Regarding that part of your post, IPv5 was supposed to be a complementary protocol to IPv4 known as Internet Stream Protocol. Basically an early attempt to merge telecommunication and computer networks.

My thought of the day:

It is perfectly OK for the Department of Defense to receive 60% ($600 Billion) of the approved federal budget for 2015, but asking for a federal minimum wage increase to offset the ever-increasing cost of living is being greedy.
< BoH
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Thought of the day.

Post by Barr »

Ace Lord wrote:
OfficerFlake wrote: So we have IPv4: 127.0.0.1 which is sort of like a phone number.

WhAT ThE aCTual FuuUUU-

Regarding that part of your post, IPv5 was supposed to be a complementary protocol to IPv4 known as Internet Stream Protocol. Basically an early attempt to merge telecommunication and computer networks.

My thought of the day:

It is perfectly OK for the Department of Defense to receive 60% ($600 Billion) of the approved federal budget for 2015, but asking for a federal minimum wage increase to offset the ever-increasing cost of living is being greedy.

Here in Mass and R.I. we just got a buck min wage increase from 8 and change to $9 whole dollars.

So my thought of the day:

Since the vast majority of workers received a federal mandated increase in wages, shouldnt everyone else be entitled to a wage increase? Isnt that the way inflation works? (except for oil prices, lets keep that at its current rate)
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49

Thought of the day.

Post by Ace Lord »

BARRACUZ wrote:Here in Mass and R.I. we just got a buck min wage increase from 8 and change to $9 whole dollars.

So my thought of the day:

Since the vast majority of workers received a federal mandated increase in wages, shouldnt everyone else be entitled to a wage increase? Isnt that the way inflation works? (except for oil prices, lets keep that at its current rate)
What I was trying to say was that there are two sides to the wage increase debate (just as in everything else), and that those opposing the increase think that everyone in favor of a minimum wage increase is a greedy materialistic pig.
< BoH
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Thought of the day.

Post by Neocon »

Is this a "thought of the day" topic or a "minimum wage" topic? :lol:

Raising the minimum wage is like pouring water into a leaky bucket. Sure, you keep the bucket full for a while, but then it leaks out again. The better solution would be to get more people to work for themselves, creating goods and services that they can sell directly to consumers. We would need to drastically reduce regulations that specifically make it difficult for individuals to start their own businesses. At the same time we need to clean up the courts to reduce the way lawyers get people to join class action lawsuits where the plaintiffs get 35 cents each while the lawyers get millions in fees. Then there are the unions, which are run by organizers who work in an office hundreds or thousands of miles from the factory workers they claim to represent. They demand higher wages to the point that the company starts looking for a cheaper place to operate. Then the workers are out of work while the union bosses still go to their comfortable offices to plan which contract to negotiate next. Not to mention the corporate leadership that has very little to do with actually producing a good or service but spends most of its time figuring out how to get around regulations and the rest of its time figuring out how to convince the hourly employees that they don't need higher wages even though they are the ones getting the real work done. Why do the people actually producing the car make $45,000 a year while the people doing the paperwork make $145,000? Meanwhile, the regulations are written by lawyers in language that can only be interpreted by lawyers, and even then different lawyers can interpret them in different ways, which allow a different set of lawyers, the judges and justices, to further complicate the meaning of the original law. The result is that if a person wants to start a business, they have to have a team of lawyers and accountants, even for something as simple as mowing lawns, unless they are willing to risk violating multiple Federal, state, and local laws. They also need insurance for when an angry customer decides to hire a lawyer to sue them. Even if the suit has no validity the defendant will need a lawyer to explain that lack of validity in terms that the court will accept and are often only understood by lawyers. And this is only a fraction of the situation in one small part of the world called America, and only one way of looking at that situation. While most people agree there are problems, opinions concerning what those problems are and how those problems should be solved are nearly as numerous as the population.

My thought of the day: With life in the modern world so complicated, is it any wonder people go for what looks like an easy solution, such as raising the minimum wage?
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Thought of the day.

Post by Flake »

Another thought - If it looks too easy to be true, chances are you are making a huge mistake. But sometimes, you are actually doing everything right. Is something really a failed project if after each revival you get closer and closer to your goal?
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

Thought of the day.

Post by Scarecrow »

Why does it snow?
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Thought of the day.

Post by Barr »

Scarecrow wrote:Why does it snow?

When a male water molecule finds a very attractive female water molecule....
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
Deleted User 1872

Thought of the day.

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

My thought of the day: Why is it green in Iceland and white in Greenland?
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

Thought of the day.

Post by Scarecrow »

I don't like cold.
It's supposed to be -4 on Wednesday. Friends in northern Wisconsin laugh at me. -30 there. Without windchill.
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Thought of the day.

Post by Monoceros »

One has to think on a universal scale, that many stars in the night sky may no longer be there and that we only see the light that is still traveling in space towards us. And that some of those stars that are still out there, are 200 times bigger than our own sun.
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Thought of the day.

Post by iqmal_97 »

Began familiarization training in a car today. Apparently driving is a piece of cake. But parking a manual car is a tad bit difficult. I think the main issues with me were:

-Multitasking (Turning the wheel while maintaining the clutch to ensure the engine won't go bye bye is difficult)
-Unfamiliarity (1st time I've taken the wheel in a car, hope I could change that soon)

Any age-old tips you vets have for this n00b here?
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Thought of the day.

Post by Flake »

-Multitasking - It's just muscle memory. You are thinking about it too much for now. As you gain experience, it'll all just be too easy.
-Unfamiliarity - as above. You'll take a bit to learn the car size and your orientation of the vehicle as a whole.

Now I can filter through traffic with 10cm (like, 1/3 of a foot?) between vehicles no problems. And I launch from the traffic lights soooo fast I must piss every cager off. hahaha.
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Thought of the day.

Post by Gunny »

Practice,practice,practice and when you get bored with practice practice some more.And try not to overthink it. ;)
Image[/align=centre]
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Thought of the day.

Post by Neocon »

I learned to drive a stick shift in a dream. I'm not joking.

Thoughts of the day/tips:
1. Parallel parking is not a useful skill to learn. I never had a practical test on it in driver's ed or in the license test. If you live in a city, which is the only place the skill would be used, you already have a miserable life so you might as well just give up and call a cab.
2. Cruise Control works at any speed over 30. It prevents you from driving too fast or slow on the highway. It will keep you from getting speeding tickets and shot in road rage incidents.
3. In Tennessee (and I suspect most other places), jaywalkers are not free targets for your bumper.
4. Bicyclists and joggers are not free targets for your empty beer bottle.
5. Never buy a new car. You can buy one that is only a few years old and still in like-new condition for 1/3 of the price.
6. Cars were not built to fly. Despite what the Duke boys did in the 80s, if you try it you will need major work done to your vehicle.
PilotC
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: _

Thought of the day.

Post by PilotC »

Thought of the day- How much wood can a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck can chuck wood???? That was actually confusing to type XD :lol:
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49

Thought of the day.

Post by Ace Lord »

Patrick you are indeed correct on your tips, but jaywalkers are prime targets for middle fingers.

Thought, no, Mindf**k of the day: If we drink our drinks then why don't we food our foods?
< BoH
Deleted User 1872

Thought of the day.

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

Thought of the day: What's the color of ice when it melts?
Stingx
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: ufo

Thought of the day.

Post by Stingx »

The same color before it melts.

My thoughts today: our state became the 36th in the U.S. to legalize rainbow lollipops. *woohoo* *cough cough*