Thought of the day.

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Re: Thought of the day.

Post by Richard Vo »

Things always getting better, not worse.
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

Firebug is quite the invaluable tool for figuring out what's going on with your website when you can't seem to pinpoint it in your .css file.
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Post by Richard Vo »

It's tantalizing to see how easy can a bad thing happen with a small change.
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Quick pro-tip for those learning English.

You can change nouns and adjectives to verbs, by modifying the suffix in some case.

One such example:

Ethnocentric (adj.) To hold stereotyped views of the world to be only of one's own ethnicity.
He was quite ethnocentric.

Ethnocentricism (v.) To hold ethnocentric views.
He apologised for his ethnocentricism.

If you see a difficult word, break it down by suffixes first, then try changing tense or person.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
fikrikawakibi
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Zephyr HAPS, ScanEagle, Citation X+, A340, 成都 歼-20

Post by fikrikawakibi »

fikrikawakibi wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:59 am Man revives according to what he carries of thought about man, life and the universe, and about their relationship, as a whole, with what preceded this life and what comes after it. Hence, in order for man to revive, it is necessary to radically and comprehensively change his current thought and generate another thought for him.
This is because it is the thought that generates the concepts about things and consolidates them. Man shapes his behaviour in this life according to his concepts about it. So, man’s concepts about a person he likes shapes his behaviour towards him. This is in contrast with his behaviour towards a person he dislikes and holds concepts of hatred. Also he will exhibit different behaviour towards a person he does not know or holds any concepts about. So, human behaviour is linked to man’s concepts and when we wish to change the behaviour of the declined man and make it refined, it is imperative to change his concepts first.
flyer17
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: boeing 787 dreamliner

Post by flyer17 »

the most wild animal is the human
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

Perhaps we should put the CEO and COO of Airbus in the center-most seat (middle of the 5-seat section) in the 380 "plus" on a 14-hour flight. They might just re-dub the plane to the 380 "minus".
fikrikawakibi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fikrikawakibi »

fikrikawakibi wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 2:26 pm
fikrikawakibi wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:59 am Man revives according to what he carries of thought about man, life and the universe, and about their relationship, as a whole, with what preceded this life and what comes after it. Hence, in order for man to revive, it is necessary to radically and comprehensively change his current thought and generate another thought for him.
This is because it is the thought that generates the concepts about things and consolidates them. Man shapes his behaviour in this life according to his concepts about it. So, man’s concepts about a person he likes shapes his behaviour towards him. This is in contrast with his behaviour towards a person he dislikes and holds concepts of hatred. Also he will exhibit different behaviour towards a person he does not know or holds any concepts about. So, human behaviour is linked to man’s concepts and when we wish to change the behaviour of the declined man and make it refined, it is imperative to change his concepts first.
The only way to change man’s concepts is by generating thought about this life in order to set up the correct concepts about it. Thought about this life will not be productively consolidated unless the thought about man, life and the universe and about what preceded this life as well as what comes after this life, and its relationship with what is before and after it, is generated. This can be achieved by giving the comprehensive idea about man, life and the universe, because it is the intellectual basis upon which all ideas about this life are built. Giving this comprehensive thought about these matters is the solution to man’s greatest problem. Once this problem is solved all other problems are solved, because they are either partial compared to the main problem or branch from it. This solution wouldn’t lead to the correct revival, unless it is a true solution which is compatible with man’s innate nature and convinces the mind and thus fills the heart with tranquillity. The true solution cannot be reached except through the enlightened thought about the universe, man and life. Consequently, those who yearn for revival and pursue the path of elevation, must first solve this problem in a correct manner by utilising enlightened thought. This solution is none other than the ‘aqeedah which serves as the intellectual basis upon which every detailed thought about man’s behaviour and the systems of this life are built.
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Just live it!!!
Image[/align=centre]
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Post by iqmal_97 »

flyer17 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 5:02 pm the most wild animal is the human
Turns out, humans are the real monsters

TOTD: I should use this thread to express my daily thoughts more often. It's was less visible than say, Facebook and I'd get to bother you blokes in the meantime.
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
Deleted User 2433

Post by Deleted User 2433 »

YEA....YEA.....BOIIII...IIIIIII....IIII...III......IIII........................III
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

Thought of the day: For at least 16 of the last 24 years, the US was operated under the Chicago way (They send one to the hospital, we send one to the morgue). It is taking a lot of people a while to get adjusted to the New York method of screaming insults and making hand gestures.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

Swift wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:09 pm YEA....YEA.....BOIIII...IIIIIII....IIII...III......IIII........................III
That's an interesting thought of the day.
fikrikawakibi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fikrikawakibi »

ikr
Turbofan wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:57 am
Swift wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:09 pm YEA....YEA.....BOIIII...IIIIIII....IIII...III......IIII........................III
That's an interesting thought of the day.
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by iqmal_97 »

Been watching quite a lot of "high profile" movies lately. Here are some of my thoughts.

Blade Runner (1982)
The whole time I was watching I just can't stop comparing this thing to Ghost In The Shell. Interesting, slow paced, damp and thought provoking. Harrison Ford's acting was good, but the replicants just steal the show. The visual effects are jaw droppingly good and has aged well. Mind blown that this was released in the 80's.

Das Boot (1981)
Again, slow paced, damp, tense, stressful and claustrophobic. Just like in a real sub! I'm not quite happy with my viewing session of this movie as I had was disturbed quite a lot and had to stop frequently. Made me feel very disoriented and messy. Was it just me or the movie? I think I need to do a second viewing someday.

The Hunt for Red October (1990)
Thish one hash a lot more actshion and ish fashter payshed than Dash Boot, I can tell you that for sure. I coinshide the viewing with the reading of Red Shtorm Rishing, ash I'd like to appreshiate author of the shoursh material (Tom Clancy) alsho. It's been a very entertaining read sho far and I'm shtill have a lot more to cover. I'd shay this is the mosht enjoyable one of the bunch.

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
This is the second Stanley Kubrik film I've seen after Dr. Strangelove, and because of that I try to keep an open mind as to what I am going to get. I've read the reviews, took note of how groundbreaking it is when it was released half a decade ago, and how it's massive influence can still be seen today in TONS of references and homages. I even watched the trailer to try to get a "feel" for the movie. But NOTHING could've prepared me for what I was about to watch on that fateful late night viewing. Alone. In the Dark. It left a noticeable mark in my head for a good 2-3 days.

Fcking space babies...and orchestra music.
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Great films. I feel you should re-analyse The Matrix as well. So many setups and references that you'd never catch otherwise. The writing, I feel, it far better than Bladerunner, and that's a bold statement. Too bad Keanu Reeves has the acting skills of a wet potato...

By the way, Harrison Ford is the actor, Han Solo is the character.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

TOTD:
FREEDOM
LIBERTY
FIREWORKS

YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by iqmal_97 »

Flake wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:17 amBy the way, Harrison Ford is the actor, Han Solo is the character.
Haha. Sure. Next thing you'll tell me is that Johnny Depp isn't being played by Jack Sparrow or Robert Downey Jr. isn't being acted Ironman himself. Man, that'd totally be a huge bummer if that was the case. :lol:

Just found out I failed to pass my Module 6: Materials and Hardware exam (which costs RM100.00 to register btw). Bah! Another try in the future I guess.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Why is that when a little water falls from the sky every motorist loses all situational awareness?

Keep Left(Right) Unless overtaking. Indicate. Turn your damned headlights on in the rain. This shit makes us all safer and can prevent needless accidents.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

You should never have to worry about grill brush wires getting in your food. Just before you put your food on the grill, you should always wipe them down with a paper towel soaked in vegetable oil with tongs. Not only will it clean off any soot and wire pieces, it also seasons the grates to make them non-stick.