Thought of the day.

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Re: Thought of the day.

Post by Neocon »

While so many Americans complain about the "death" of "net neutrality" in the US, the EU is actually killing internet freedom with regulation.

Thought for the day:
You don't increase freedom with government regulation. That's not how any of this works.
Welshy
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Sea Jet

Post by Welshy »

They are two completely different things. Whilst the meme killing copyright law is true it has nothing to do with net neutrality. Not having net neutrality actually kills large numbers of jobs but only allowing the biggest companies to succeed through zero rating and charging companies to be accessible through their service
YSFHQ Elected Overlord
Overlord of VMFA-125 (CVW-171)
Previously Supreme Overlord of 323rd CAW
Friendly Neighbourhood Miscreant
Head Honcho at Talking Aero and British Defence
If you see me post like this in a thread pay attention!
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

"Net Neutrality" in the United States was designed to "regulate" the big telecom companies, but in exchange, it basically made sure the big telecom companies had no competition at all, and all they had to do was file some forms and pay some fees and they could do everything the "Net Neutrality" crowd feared. "Net Neutrality" policies in the US government had nothing to do with the neutrality of the internet. I 100% support neutrality of the internet, I am 100% opposed to "Net Neutrality".
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

Never have so many known so little about so much.
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

*claps* Just replace "telecom" with water, power, heat companies and it all makes perfect sense.
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

Our electric company, which of course has zero competition, does not take payments by debit or credit card. It's cash or check only unless you pay online, which has an additional "convenience fee" added.

If I water my garden on a summer evening when it's cool, the plants wilt like they've been sprayed with weed killer. What does the town put in the water that makes that happen? I would collect rain water, but I'm afraid it might be illegal. :lol: :?

TotD: Monopolies are bad.
Last edited by Neocon on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grigor
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Ball-Bartoe Jetwing

Post by Grigor »

Try watering the ground beneath the plants, rather than the leaves. It sends them into shock sometimes when it's hot.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I wrote warm but meant cool. Even watering the ground is a problem because it splashes on the leaves. Half of my jalapeño plants died just from the water we poured on the root ball as we put them in the ground.
Sierra
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: A car

Post by Sierra »

To the people who shovel and salt their sidewalks after a bunch of snow comes down, thank you.

And to those who clear out the windrows after the plows come through, you're the real MVP. I appreciate you.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

Thought for the day: What if everybody learns to code, and there is no longer a market for coders because everybody can code?

I'd be more likely to mine coal. :lol:
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Kiowa, Mitten, Hornet

Post by waspe414 »

Everyone can cook, but chefs still have jobs.
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

ToTD/my two cents: Everyone can learn to code no doubt, but not everyone has the acumen to learn programming. Two completely different things. There is a reason why you have senior software developers after all.

Just like I will never have the acumen to be a physicist or something like that.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Programming is hard. Trying to do it all yourself when others want to help is akin to lunacy.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Post by iqmal_97 »

Aircraft are complex machines. They tend to break down over time. There'd be people paid to fix said breakdowns and also keeping them from breaking down in the first place.

That is, until our mighty robot overlords would take over.

They're gonna take mah jahbs!!
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Post by Richard Vo »

I'm just gonna revive this thread right here...

Today's thought of mine: A frag grenade on yourself a day, keep the devil away.
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Post by Ace Lord »

TotD: Would an aircraft taking off with a payload of cattle qualify as raising the steaks?
< BoH
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

Ace Lord wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:15 amTotD: Would an aircraft taking off with a payload of cattle qualify as raising the steaks?
I don't know about that, but that certainly would be considered cattle class with some flying cows.
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Post by Richard Vo »

Totd: Electric planes are already in mass production.

They are RC planes :lol:
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

Thought of the day: Now here is someone that actually uses his/her own brain. What a refreshing stance! If only we had more people like this person (responding to an article about London City expansion):
Viewer of Business Traveller article wrote:I don’t mind so much the expansion of the airport as London badly needs it. Curfew is reasonable but people who choose to buy properties or live around airports should accept there will be noise during operational hours. My flat is in the area and I knew exactly what I was getting into and accepted it is part of living there. I do however have a very strong view that the ground transportation needs to be solved hand in hand. With all the new developments along the river relying on the same DLR line, it is bad as it is during peak hours.
Hornet
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18F Super Hornet

Post by Hornet »

"Why you are still playing the YS Flight even you have the BMS and DCS as well?"
This is common question that I always heard from other flight simulator players in Korea.

I thought about this reason for a long time and I got my answer. The reason that I still stick with the YS Flight is because I am the modder.

As we all know, there is a lot of aircraft variations in the world. For example, there is the F-15E model but ROKAF operating the upgraded F-15E known as the F-15K. It is not same aircraft and they has some external and internal differences.

But, in most flight simulators, those differences is quite difficult to reflect for normal users who is not familiar with the coding or modeling. Specially the DCS has a lot of difficulty in the modding.

But, the YS Flight is easy to edit and easy to apply. We can make all variations of the F-15 as many as we can.

I always want to make the ROKAF aircrafts and the YS Flight is the only simulator that can meet my needs. I can make the ROKAF aircraft which has upgraded by our unique ways that we can't see those upgrade in other countries.

As conclusion, the YS Flight is the only simulator that I can apply those variations in the simulator.
So this is my thought of "Why am I playing the YS Flight."
Member of YS Flight Korea, Mad Shark Joint Force
YS FLIGHT F/A-18 Rhino Demonstration Team
President of MIRAE Airways