Page 1 of 1

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:14 pm
by Barr
Anyone else got GTA V?

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:48 pm
by Mobiyus
Got it on ps3 since release, played no more than a few hours since then. I have a mixed opinion about this game. Yes it is a technological achievement, it is complete and complex with bunch of stuff to do. The storyline seems interresting and crude as always but... I just hate the driving physics... they added glue on tires and driving feels more like NFS, which i never liked. I feel like they changed the physics in response to the whiners that don't know you can't take a 90 degree turn at 100 mph.

IMO the content of this game is for mature people, but the container is for little kids.

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 pm
by NeurAxaL
What are your PC specs?

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:18 pm
by Neocon
I got it for PS3. I always loved NFS, so I enjoy the driving. I hated the story mode. There was nothing about the characters to like. I love GTA:O, though. So many places to go and see and things to do. It's starting to get old, though. I'm finding myself working on YSF more and more now.

Yeah, this game was not intended for kids, and the story isn't really fit for anybody of any age, but I've noticed Online seems to be mostly populated by children, which isn't really that big of an issue, but is a little disturbing that so many 10 year olds have parents letting them play this game.

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:26 pm
by Welshy
I'm getting it in about a week, gonna be time spent on it mind :P

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:39 pm
by Ace Lord
Patrick31337 wrote:I got it for PS3. I always loved NFS, so I enjoy the driving. I hated the story mode. There was nothing about the characters to like. I love GTA:O, though. So many places to go and see and things to do. It's starting to get old, though. I'm finding myself working on YSF more and more now.

Yeah, this game was not intended for kids, and the story isn't really fit for anybody of any age, but I've noticed Online seems to be mostly populated by children, which isn't really that big of an issue, but is a little disturbing that so many 10 year olds have parents letting them play this game.
The joy of multiplayer gaming isn't complete if you can't hop in your Troll-traktor of a Rhino tank and get said 10-year olds to rage quit or call in reinforcements.

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:56 pm
by Swift
Ace Lord wrote:
Patrick31337 wrote:I got it for PS3. I always loved NFS, so I enjoy the driving. I hated the story mode. There was nothing about the characters to like. I love GTA:O, though. So many places to go and see and things to do. It's starting to get old, though. I'm finding myself working on YSF more and more now.

Yeah, this game was not intended for kids, and the story isn't really fit for anybody of any age, but I've noticed Online seems to be mostly populated by children, which isn't really that big of an issue, but is a little disturbing that so many 10 year olds have parents letting them play this game.
The joy of multiplayer gaming isn't complete if you can't hop in your Troll-traktor of a Rhino tank and get said 10-year olds to rage quit or call in reinforcements.
Oh yes, gotta love it.

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:00 am
by Barr
NeurAxaL wrote:What are your PC specs?
I have an asus q550lf.

Comes with a i7 4700u (energy efficient) dual core processor overclocked at 3.3ghz, 8gb ram and a nvidia gtx750m with 2gb of video memory

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:55 am
by NeurAxaL
750m should be enough. Nice laptop though!

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:57 am
by Welshy
Is my new one good enough lol :P?

i7 -5820k
16GB RAM
2 Samsung EVO SSD
2 1TB SSHD
GTX 970
Soon to add a Quadro K4000 and the beast of all kit:

NVIDIA TESLA K40

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:51 pm
by Barr
Welshy wrote:Is my new one good enough lol :P?

i7 -5820k
16GB RAM
2 Samsung EVO SSD
2 1TB SSHD
GTX 970
Soon to add a Quadro K4000 and the beast of all kit:

NVIDIA TESLA K40
All seems good except for the prius ssd/hdd. Trying to fight global computing arent you?



Took me two hours to install only to have the game crash on startup....

Apparently there are issues with lappy gpus. Did a workaround by disabling and reenabling the nvidia apadter via device manager on the first splash screen. Works every ten tries or so but i have to do this every single time. But now im having issues with the social club not being able to sign into the rockstar servers...

I was really hoping to achieve 5 stars before work.

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:56 am
by Welshy
I'm using hybrid drives to put certain files on due to needing the speed and not being able to put money aside for the Tesla if I get more SSDs

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:47 am
by Neocon
My computer is really good at running...well, it's ok with YSF. FS9 is pretty smooth with medium settings now. Starting to wish I'd gotten a slightly better graphics card, but I don't do PC gaming all that much anyway.

Does the PC version have the Dukes?

Behold the almighty....

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:36 am
by Barr
Well I managed to get it up and running. Had to keep the nvidia display adapter off until after I sign in. Then turn it back on.

Very nice. Have it set to use 1.75 gb of memory of the 2gb. Left the extra if I ever need some oomph (explosions, pileups, etc.)

Fps is excellent but the extra details are bit heavy on the eyes, don't like how the areas around the edge of the viewing area are defroucsed compared to the center. And my mouse is very jittery (aiming is very difficult) Will go and get a ps4 contoller or similar eventually.

Also vehicle physics are horrible.