What Grinds My Gears

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Neocon »

This topic is sort of like the "Thought of the Day", only for what is getting on your nerves at the moment. You guys might remember this from YSP.

So what's grinding my gears today? Last night I had something on my mind that I think was YS-related, and when I finally got time to make this gear-grinding topic, I can't remember what it was! That really grinds my gears!
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

What Grinds My Gears

Post by iqmal_97 »

"When my owner forgot to press the clutch whenever he wants to change gears" - Stick shift car, 2015

What?

As I've said before, trying to find a file that you JUST KNOW you have but can't find it via name searching.
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
Copperhead
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: YF-23A Black Widow II

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Copperhead »

Lockheed Martin, and politics... Lockheed Martin, and politics. Lockheed Martin, and politics,... and Lockheed Martin. F-22s, and more so F-35s. Do you guys see what I'm getting at here?

...I mean it's like prostitution of the aviation world...

*Jimmies rustled*

^The Happy Murican^

<BoH
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Flake »

Being on site for 22 hours and only being paid for 12.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Deleted User 2433

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Deleted User 2433 »

Copperhead wrote:Lockheed Martin, and politics... Lockheed Martin, and politics. Lockheed Martin, and politics,... and Lockheed Martin. F-22s, and more so F-35s. Do you guys see what I'm getting at here?

...I mean it's like prostitution of the aviation world...

*Jimmies rustled*
no no no, its just stupid polititions who spent money on filet mignon instead of a new fighter.
POLITICSSSSSS!

''what really grinds my gear is i could never find the droids i was looking for''.
Greenhorn
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A320, B737, F-5E, Gripen, Mirage F-1

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Greenhorn »

What really grinds my gears is this runny nose, it's making me feel tired and I have to constantly blow it, also I was racing and I sneezed and by the time I had my eyes opened again I smashed into the car in front of me.

Don't sneeze and drive!
The War RoomImageMalaysiaball, 2nd from the left
Triggered easily, do not startle

A firm believer of using UTC times for international events
Stingx
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: ufo

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Stingx »

OfficerFlake wrote:Being on site for 22 hours and only being paid for 12.
Limit for overtime?
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

What Grinds My Gears

Post by decaff_42 »

YKWGMG:

When your GPS unit will only show traffic for the roads you are not on. It hides the road you are currently on because your route line covers all...

I mean what is the one thing that you want to see? How long does this jam go for?? :evil:
Got stuck for 75 minutes in NYC because of that. :?
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Ace Lord »

What Grinds my Gears? People you know that act like they don't have to obey the "Gas, Grass, or Ass" rule for bumming a ride.

What Lubes my Gears? The same person dropping by later on with a little delayed payment package full of good good. knowhatamean?
< BoH
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Barr »

Ace Lord wrote:What Grinds my Gears? People you know that act like they don't have to obey the "Gas, Grass, or Ass" rule for bumming a ride.

What Lubes my Gears? The same person dropping by later on with a little delayed payment package full of good good. knowhatamean?
I feel your pain bro. Or at the very least a coffee will do.

What grinds my gears? Missing a gear. Literally trying to gun it on the highway and missing a gear and having it either slip into another or the synchros not engaging makes me cringe.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Neocon »

On that note...Not me, but what grinds my sister's gears? She bought a car a couple weeks ago and the transmission went out. It will still run in second gear, but that ain't right.

What grinds my gears? She was offered $300 more than she paid for it by somebody who wants to fix it up (it looks like a good car to be 15 years old), but instead decided to trade it to him for his 20 year old camaro that has been stripped to the metal (to make it go faster in illegal street racing? I think he went too fast because the paint is peeling off the sides!).
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Neocon »

My #2 HDMI port apparently died on my TV. I bought a new video card for my PC primarily because it had an HDMI port that I could plug into my TV. The #1 port is used by my PS3. Apparently the part needed to fix the HDMI problem can cost close to 1/3 the price of the TV. That is why TV repairmen, if you can find one, charge more to fix a TV than it would be to buy a new one.

I honestly don't know how a person can make a TV that costs more to fix than to replace and still be able to sleep at night. Corporations must be run by psychopaths.
Copperhead
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: YF-23A Black Widow II

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Copperhead »

They are. Especially the Lockheed Martin Corporation. I'm unsure if I really mean that, or if I just like ranting about Lockmart.

^The Happy Murican^

<BoH
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Neocon »

Are they the ones who bought FSX, greatly improved it, and then slapped some insane prices and licenses on it?
Doggeh1
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Harrier Jump Jet, Eurofighter Typhoon, Vulcan

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Doggeh1 »

Patrick31337 wrote:Are they the ones who bought FSX, greatly improved it, and then slapped some insane prices and licenses on it?
That's Dovetail if you're talking about the Steam version. But yes it is if you mean Prepar3D
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Neocon »

Doggeh1 wrote:[post]88276[/post] But yes it is if you mean Prepar3D
Prepar3D is what I meant.

I'm really disappointed that Clarkson, Hammond, and May went with Amazon Prime instead of Netflix or Hulu. I have been so disgusted by Amazon's business practices lately that I can't even stand to look at their site anymore. A few weeks ago I looked up some things I wanted on Amazon and several of them were for Prime members only. Walmart had the same items for the same price without having to pay for Prime. I don't like being told I have to pay $100 a year for the privilege of buying things for the same price as other online stores.

So that's what grinds my gears right now.
ksh
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Concorde; F-15; Embraer 190; F-35

What Grinds My Gears

Post by ksh »

Patrick31337 wrote:
Doggeh1 wrote:[post]88276[/post] But yes it is if you mean Prepar3D
Prepar3D is what I meant.

I'm really disappointed that Clarkson, Hammond, and May went with Amazon Prime instead of Netflix or Hulu. I have been so disgusted by Amazon's business practices lately that I can't even stand to look at their site anymore. A few weeks ago I looked up some things I wanted on Amazon and several of them were for Prime members only. Walmart had the same items for the same price without having to pay for Prime. I don't like being told I have to pay $100 a year for the privilege of buying things for the same price as other online stores.

So that's what grinds my gears right now.
and if the bbc put new folks into top gear they are going to ruin it! there is nothin like the original!
Doggeh1
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Harrier Jump Jet, Eurofighter Typhoon, Vulcan

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Doggeh1 »

They already have, Chris Evans (not the one you're thinking of, Americans) is no the lead presenter and they're looking for new presenters.
ksh
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Concorde; F-15; Embraer 190; F-35

What Grinds My Gears

Post by ksh »

oh well...what are u going to do? :)
you know what grinds my gears? the goverment here in Argentina! it´s such a lovely country weather and scenery whise...also the people are really nice! im not talking about the city person...no im talking of the original Argentine the farmers or the "Gauchos" those are desent people! but the goverment here in Argentina sucks! every day is turning more comunist! :(
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

What Grinds My Gears

Post by Dragon_Mech »

you know what grinds my gears?

the fact that this community is "forced" to use the 2011 version of the YSFlight server. yes, i understand that the 2011 version allows the use of certain features/options that are not allowed with the 2013/2015 servers. but i shouldn't have to spend 3 to 5 minutes clicking the "OK" button on script errors and .dat/.dmn load errors when i go to choose a plane ( i know that this is because the affect aircraft use features from newer versions of YSFlight.). now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to go and bang my head on a wall in frustration.
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries