What Grinds My Gears

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: What Grinds My Gears

Post by Flake » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:27 pm

If you are going to open carry, only load maybe one or two rounds. Have another full magazine/clip separate. This should be more then enough.

Honestly I am jelly of you guys in the US sometimes. Being in a state that allows open carry would be pretty cool.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Post by Dragon_Mech » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:10 am

OfficerFlake wrote:Honestly I am jelly of you guys in the US sometimes. Being in a state that allows open carry would be pretty cool.
my state allows conceal carry. but you must pass a background check, a safty course, a written test and a live fire exercise test before you can get a permit.

What grinds my gears?: when the power goes out while i'm trying to finsh up a mod and repaint of an aircraft. just GRRRRRRRRR. :x
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries

NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:20 am

This is why laptops are da better.
Sure you get a little less processing power but they are portable and have an inbuilt power source, which means your comp won't just shut down when the grid cuts. Also proving important in my project work atm.

WGMG? People that judge.

Copperhead
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: YF-23A Black Widow II

Post by Copperhead » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:22 am

Yes, those judging people.

WGMG? The YF-23 in Ace Combat Assault Horizon,... the pitch on its ruddervators is actually reversed... :roll:

^The Murican^

"Well boys, I reckon this is it...nuclear combat toe to toe with the Ruskies." - Major Kong

Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-22A Raptor

Post by Vic Viper » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:46 pm

NightRaven wrote:This is why laptops are da better.
Sure you get a little less processing power but they are portable and have an inbuilt power source, which means your comp won't just shut down when the grid cuts. Also proving important in my project work atm.
Always always always always!have a Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS). Laptops may be portable, but you don't get a lot for your money. And unless your spending over $2000 on high end gaming notebooks, you can't upgrade. IMHO, get a cheap ultrabook/tablet and a decent desktop. But to each his own.
Copperhead wrote:WGMG? The YF-23 in Ace Combat Assault Horizon,... the pitch on its ruddervators is actually reversed... :roll:
Another reason why that game is terrible

WGMG? People turning left at the green light demanding they have the right of way while I'm going straight :x
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past"

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:24 pm

Copperhead wrote:Yes, those judging people.

WGMG? The YF-23 in Ace Combat Assault Horizon,... the pitch on its ruddervators is actually reversed... :roll:
WGMG? Ace Combat: Assault Horizon . . . period.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:36 am

The thing grinding my gears right now is that I have had two HP printer/scanner/copiers and an HP desktop computer, and all three have failed to work properly. In fact, as I was writing this post my computer locked up again.

I will never buy another HP product, and I sure won't vote for an HP president.

Swift
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Mig-21

Post by Swift » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:30 am

ick HP, king of overheating and bloatware.

WGMG? Payware addons. Well not payware in general, it's the expensive crap that doesn't deserve the price.
if ( MadeBySwift )
{ cheatplane(); }

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:19 am

I know right? 1000 bucks for photoshop? That was never going to happen. Add in the fact I'm a student...

WGMG? Uni lecturers who think they are king shit know-it-alls when, at this level you sort of realise that being a professional ISN'T a know it all profession! There is so much ambiguity, and telling us how hard the real world is (it's not) does not equip us with the skills we are actually paying you $6,000 a semester to deliver!
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Post by MD5Ray01 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:12 am

You wanna know what grinds my gears? When it's a half a minute till my shift at work is over, then a customer comes over to my register with a cart full of stuff when my co-worker is waving them over to their register, so I end up getting stuck behind my register for another 10 or so minutes.
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Thu May 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Paying $80 to see a band in concert, only to have:

1) VERY Drunk guys (with classy "pussy hut" t-shirt to boot) hitting on your wife all night because they've never heard of taking a hint that you are both fucking taken and not interested.
2) Merchandise vendors vaping indoors (illegal) onto their own merchandise they are trying to sell, right next to the event staff.
3) A band pulled out, so doors opened and 1.5 hours later no one is on stage.
4) No-one decided to tell anyone ANYTHING about why there was a delay, what the expected/adjusted start times were. Nothing. I had to ask the guy at the front door what was going on, and he was justifiably pissed at management throwing him on the coals too.
5) A complete disregard for basic Responsible Service of Alcohol laws by serving heavily intoxicated and dangerous patrons.

I mean I could go on and fucking on about this.

To cut a long story short, I dropped 150ug of Acid before I went (which is a moderate to strong dose), was justifiably more intoxicated (in this way anyway) than anyone else at the venue and yet still I managed to keep a very level and "sober" mindset, well beyond everyone else there drinking alcohol.

We left before the first support act even took the stage.

On the plus side, as soon as we got home our night got much better.

What grinds my gears is that one of the most lethal, highly addictive substances I've ever seen (alcohol) is sold openly and willingly at bars and clubs despite there being much safer and cheaper options out there that have a higher utility to be legalised than alcohol.

And yet I'm the dangerous "criminal" that has to live with the stigma of being a psychonaut because society just assumes I'm a dangerous person. That's not fair at all, nor is the belief grounded in any objective reality.

----

Getting increasingly livid with Baby Boomers telling my generation to just sacrifice more and we'll be able to buy a house.

Even if I earned 55K a year right now, it would take me 56 years to save the money to buy a house, best case scenario!

Adding interest and time value of money effects, I will likely never own one. Not at this rate.

How dare you blame us for YOUR failure to provide houses for your own children and grand children. We've only just started in the world. What's your excuse!?

----

When you put in 14 hours of straight work into a powerpoint presentation for your group project, finishing at 4AM so it's done on time, only for your group leader to say: "We need to change the design". No THANK YOU? No acknolwedgement I've been slogging my fucking ass of for you because no one else will? Fucking Ingrates...

Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-22A Raptor

Post by Vic Viper » Tue May 16, 2017 2:21 pm

WGMG?

When this machine (fake win98, actually windows 7)

runs better than this machine ($3500 gaming rig, w/o accessories)

:cry: :x :cry:
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past"

Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Post by Richard Vo » Tue May 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Low grades in test today :(
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @rv_aviation02 and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!

flyer17
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: boeing 787 dreamliner

Post by flyer17 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:04 pm

i'm hungry

ZyreaxGaming_YT
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: mc-21 (Commercial), A-7 (Military), Co50 (Private)

Post by ZyreaxGaming_YT » Tue May 16, 2017 6:14 pm

17 Threads is 16 too many. It's great to see a new modder, but it's insane when the admins point out that spam isn't allowed, but this goes on AFTER suggestions to either use one thread or one pack.

Mod Edit: USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST - Do not backseat moderate. Please use the report post button. Especially disappointed since we already brought this up once.
Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction. ~ John F. Kennedy

MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Post by MD5Ray01 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:37 pm

WGMG?
When people backseat admin.
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015

dbd000
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: So long as it isn't fictional, I like it

Post by dbd000 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:00 pm

WGMG?

When half of the decals aren't shrinkwrapped on an addon.

Swift
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Mig-21

Post by Swift » Tue May 16, 2017 8:09 pm

WGMG?

When there's always that one thing you forget during a repaint.
if ( MadeBySwift )
{ cheatplane(); }

KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Mitsubishi Zero

Post by KM6BZH » Tue May 16, 2017 10:17 pm

WGMG?
When I get 3 fps with the best performance plane I know of (T-50)
My computer is really potato.

plunderbird
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F5 A10 SR71

Post by plunderbird » Tue May 16, 2017 11:14 pm

WGMG.

Ordering a ticket for an event, on a particular day. Then getting one sent for the day after! :x
Fliped out of the arena, again! :(