Hard Lesson Learned

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Falcon_1

Hard Lesson Learned

Post by Falcon_1 » Sun May 08, 2011 12:33 am

YARG! As my time to getting sworn into to USAF nears, they always seem to find something new to throw at me. Plus, the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) staff don't seem to know how to smile. The learned lesson? Do it right the first time, don't complain, shut up and do what they tell you. To all fellow people in the U.S. planning to join the U.S. armed forces: Don't do anything stupid, stay fit and healthy and for pete's sake....Study for the ASVAB.
If you Don't like me, just say so :lol:

Talon
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Hornets! Duh.

Re: Hard Lesson Learned

Post by Talon » Sun May 08, 2011 12:40 am

What happened?

Falcon_1

Post by Falcon_1 » Sun May 08, 2011 12:44 am

Well, Basically they can disqualify you from the armed forces for a simple open sore. I happened to have to go back to MEPS three times :oops: once was enough. The staff don't like anybody, they don't smile and they sure as hell don't like repeating things. Nothing happened to me yet, I'm just waiting for a medical waiver to come back so I can get sworn in. Oh I almost forgot....MEPS staff also like to hold your physical results for a LONG time before releasing them. I just wanted to warn anyone wanting to join how hard it is.
If you Don't like me, just say so :lol:

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Sun May 08, 2011 2:28 am

I tried getting a head start by deciding to become an officer in the USAF early on thinking it would be easier. Still didn't work. It's hard as heck and I'm working my arse off everyday trying to freakin qualify all the crap I need to be an officer. They say my chances are good so we'll see. As far as those MEPS guys, expect nothing else. Especially going in enlisted, I've been inspected twice by the same Air Force DI in the same weekend (just last Saturday and Sunday actually at NHSDTC *google it) and those MEPS guys are nothing compared. I didn't even know AF guys could be that serious. I took the heat from a Marine last year but this AF DI bout made me sh** myself. Be prepared and just know, it's all a training process. They're not going to hurt you, you're just going to have a really sh**ty day. :D
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny » Sun May 08, 2011 5:10 am

We never promised you a rose garden.It only gets tougher from there guys.
The real pain comes later.But remember pain is only fear leaving the body. ;)
Image[/align=centre]