What's your favourite football/soccer team,and why?

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 787

What's your favourite football/soccer team,and why?

Post by V8-DLA » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:42 am

I'll start.

Club:
Manchester City,because of Sergio Agüero,Vincent Kompany,Kevin De Bruyne and Joe Hart

National Team:
England,why?,just look at how England is now these days on their football.
Currently inactive,may return soon.

ksh
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Concorde; F-15; Embraer 190; F-35

Re: What's your favourite football/soccer team,and why?

Post by ksh » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:10 am

V8-DLA wrote:I'll start.

Club:
Manchester City,because of Sergio Agüero,Vincent Kompany,Kevin De Bruyne and Joe Hart

National Team:
England,why?,just look at how England is now these days on their football.
when does the european cup start? i know the "copa america" has started, in fact argentina plays today against panama. we already beat Chile 2-1

V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor

Post by V8-DLA » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:32 am

Today. :D

Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:01 pm

Professional soccer teams? None. Why? It's turned into a straight money game where teams will buy each other out to make profits.

I'd rather go to local events where normal people play because they play for fun and to have a good time with the team and other opposing teams. Plus they give it their all unlike professional teams where they strategize to only make a certain number of goals or so just to advance to the next stage.

And if course there's none of that stupid flailing and crying. When local guys play they kick each other so hard you can hear it across the field and they keep playing not waiting for cards.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Exactly my thoughts on sport. I love MotoGP just for the closeness of the battle and the ferocity of the duelling on the circuit. Compare that to Formula One and well, all strategy and no passion.
This MotoGP season is one of the best there has ever been - the battles are amazing. Watch it, it's insane! For me I don't follow football, too low speed for my adrenaline desiring nature.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor

Post by V8-DLA » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:32 pm

BARRACUZ wrote:Professional soccer teams? None. Why? It's turned into a straight money game where teams will buy each other out to make profits.

I'd rather go to local events where normal people play because they play for fun and to have a good time with the team and other opposing teams. Plus they give it their all unlike professional teams where they strategize to only make a certain number of goals or so just to advance to the next stage.

And if course there's none of that stupid flailing and crying. When local guys play they kick each other so hard you can hear it across the field and they keep playing not waiting for cards.
Well,then have you ever heard of Wigan Athletic?

EDIT:
Not all professional football team's are money spenders,when they spend money,it's on transferring one player to another club,and have you ever heard of leagues?.

And also in football,they are respect,even on professional football,found this video on respect in football,these are real and had happened.

kiwiflieger
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Die Fledermaus

Post by kiwiflieger » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Is this limited to soccer/football only? Because soccer/football isn't a particularly common sport down this end of the world, being somewhat shadowed by another similar sport...

BTW, 100th post! :D
Currently dormant... playing IL2 Cliffs of Dover

V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor

Post by V8-DLA » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:11 pm

KiwiCommando wrote:Is this limited to soccer/football only? Because soccer/football isn't a particularly common sport down this end of the world, being somewhat shadowed by another similar sport...

BTW, 100th post! :D
I didn't need to click that link,but i knew what was that,Rugby?,well than,the best moment of your country in international football was the 2010 World Cup,when New Zealand drew all of their group stage games to become the only nation in the tournament to be undefeated,thanks to Switzerland defeating Spain.

Yes,this is limited to Football/Soccer

on the other news,watched the opening game of Euro 2016,gotta say that Payet's late goal was briliant.
Last edited by V8-DLA on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiwiflieger
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Die Fledermaus

Post by kiwiflieger » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:22 pm

OK, thanks :)
Currently dormant... playing IL2 Cliffs of Dover

rodsantos
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt II

Post by rodsantos » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:57 pm

My favorite club is Manchester City. My favorite players there are David Silva, Sergio Aguetp, and Kevin De Bruyne. I also like watching Barcelona, and I admire their front three of Lionel Messi, Neymar, and Luis Suarez. When it's local football here in the Philippines, I support the Loyola Meralco Sparks, one of the strongest teams here, and boasts many of our national team's players.

Favorite national team would be my own country's, the Philippine Azkals. ( Their nickname, it means Street Dogs.)
I watch out for Spain, Argentina, and now Belgium when they play.
"And he lit up like a Christmas tree."

dbd000
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: So long as it isn't fictional, I like it

Post by dbd000 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:55 am

Club(s): Manchester City (Pro Side) /Otumoetai College Junior Black (My Side)
International: Argentina (Because Messi & Aguero)/New Zealand (Home Side)

V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor

Post by V8-DLA » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:32 am

rodsantos wrote:My favorite club is Manchester City. My favorite players there are David Silva, Sergio Aguetp, and Kevin De Bruyne. I also like watching Barcelona, and I admire their front three of Lionel Messi, Neymar, and Luis Suarez. When it's local football here in the Philippines, I support the Loyola Meralco Sparks, one of the strongest teams here, and boasts many of our national team's players.

Favorite national team would be my own country's, the Philippine Azkals. ( Their nickname, it means Street Dogs.)
Well,my fovourite in SEA is Johor Darul Ta'zim,and my favourite national team in south east asia is Brunei,we have Faiq Jefri Bolkiah,who has signed a contract with Leicester City,planing to get him in FIFA 17.

rodsantos
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt II

Post by rodsantos » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:09 am

V8-DLA wrote:
rodsantos wrote:My favorite club is Manchester City. My favorite players there are David Silva, Sergio Aguetp, and Kevin De Bruyne. I also like watching Barcelona, and I admire their front three of Lionel Messi, Neymar, and Luis Suarez. When it's local football here in the Philippines, I support the Loyola Meralco Sparks, one of the strongest teams here, and boasts many of our national team's players.

Well,my fovourite in SEA is Johor Darul Ta'zim,and my favourite national team in south east asia is Brunei,we have Faiq Jefri Bolkiah,who has signed a contract with Leicester City,planing to get him in FIFA 17.
JDT were the ones who whacked Kaya FC, one of Loyola's biggest rivals, 7-2 in the AFC Cup R16, right? I wish them luck defending their title.
"And he lit up like a Christmas tree."

Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Post by Richard Vo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:36 pm

If count by countries, I like Sweden, France, England and Germany because I like those countries :)
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @rv_aviation02 and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!