Weather in your area 2017

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Weather in your area 2017

Post by Neocon »

You read that right.
Weather in your area: 2017!

Since Turbofan has been busy with other things, I thought I'd start this on up.

I worked a total of two days before the first snow day. Friday morning it got down into the 20s early on and started snowing around 6:30 AM. By noon it was over with not much on the roads here in Northwest Tennessee. South of I-40, however, is still frozen enough that they called off school. Hopefully the sun cleared off the back roads over the weekend. Tomorrow night it's supposed to start storming, so there's no chance for ice to still be on the roads after about noon. A lot of counties have called off already, though, so we'll see. I think they would have been wise to wait until 5:30 and check conditions then instead of calling off so soon.
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Re: Weather in your area 2017

Post by Barr »

Dayum.

Well we were supposed to just get a dusting on Friday with 3in of snow on Saturday. Instead we got 5in on Friday and an average of 11in on Saturday for the area.

Darn you Al Roker!
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
Random_Flyer66
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: 737-800

Post by Random_Flyer66 »

Everything is fine here with 50-60 degree weather after our snow storm. Only thing that is wrong is the 90 MPH WIND GUSTS,
I can Photoshop stuff
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Post by Richard Vo »

Heavy snow storm this afternoon... :(
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Post by Monoceros »

We had a bad storm the last few days. It feels like summer has invaded for the time being with it being unnecessarily warm despite being the middle of winter.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

After the mild summer we had (never even got to 100° in West TN), we expected a cold winter, but it's been pretty mild, too. For the last few days it has been in the 20s or 30s in the early morning and the 60s or 70s in the afternoons, with occasional rain. Tuesday morning it rained hard and I got soaked going into school. When I left the sun was shining. Today has been cloudy and it's 64° as I type this, and it might rain tonight. It's getting a little late for the hope of a heavy snowfall this year, but who knows?
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

Reached 89F in the metro today (officially at the airport anyway), but some localities around the metro reached 90F. It got downright hot in the southwest part of the state where there were several locations with 98F or 99F. Nope, not kidding, it got that warm today and yes, it is only Feb 11.

Increasing drought and a warming, downslope flow will do that fairly easily. Funnily enough, those warmest readings were in locations that do not actually have drought conditions (the drought's getting worse in other parts of the state). But the humidity values were ridiculously low in those areas.
MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Post by MD5Ray01 »

It hit about 42 degrees Fahrenheit here today.
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Monoceros »

Here in Houston, we're in the middle of Fall about to go back in to Winter to go back to Spring then Summer again and then actual Spring followed by a rapid descent into Summer then Fall again. And some Winter to follow that.

Even the weather doesn't know what the hell is going on.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

Yesterday record-breaking heat, today back to seasonal averages. Tomorrow, below average and rain in the forecast for tomorrow as well as Tuesday.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Here in Australia this weekend the temperatures reached 48C~121F all at once, 90% of New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australian states. (Temperature Map)

As a result, our volunteer rural fire services and paid fire brigades are all working overtime to get the fires sorted out.

For context, Australia has several layers of "fire danger" ranging from Low-Moderate, High, Very High, Severe, Extreme and Catastrophic.

On Saturday, at least 3 regions in my state where at catastrophic level (Catastrophic == almost completely uncontainable and uncontrollable. If you are in a catastrophic warning area, you best be ready to leave at the drop of a coin.)
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

^Looks like we're headed in that direction also. Our fire season has gotten off to a bad start, there have already been several days with grass fires/wild fires (just today there was a fire in SE Oklahoma City). There are a few days of cooler weather with some rain in the forecast but with the drought in the Severe category, we need way more than just a few inches. Still, something's better than nothing. Hope they get the fires under control in your state! I'm sure some help from Mother Nature will be welcome also.
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Post by Richard Vo »

Right now, frozen sunny.
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
Gennaro
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777, F-16

Post by Gennaro »

It's been raining a lot here
I like coffee and mexican food, but not at the same time.
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Monoceros »

Thunderstorm rolled in about an hour ago with the rest of the day looking the same with storms coming in from the West. They forecast clearing up by the end of the night with clear skies and 46 degree temps.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

A classic early-Springtime weather system has traversed our area, with a dryline (and extremely dry air behind it - dewpoints in the single digits) and humid, unstable air ahead of it. As is the case with early-Spring-like systems, lots of wind today (which made my office building sway for a bit at one point). Unfortunately, lots of fires (some of them large out-of-control ones) have also been blazing away freely in the rather flat and open grasslands of western, northwestern OK and Kansas, as well as the TX panhandle. Many small cities and towns in the path are being evacuated. The situation is being made worse by a passing cold front, which has abruptly switched the winds from SW to NW. I'm praying for those in the path of these fires as many of them are out of control. Some of these fires may have started from powerlines arcing in the high-speed winds, but I'm sure some of them were started as a result of someone being stupid enough to throw a cigarette out the window. And sometimes there are those sick ones that take pleasure in starting a fire on purpose. Hopefully firefighters will have a handle on most of them by morning.
Deleted User 2998

Post by Deleted User 2998 »

Sunny and dry. Right now, it is nighttime and the sky is clear. Stars are visible. Winds are light and variable, 5-8 mph.

Approximate temperature: 51 F or 10.5 C

(Southern California, United States)
dbd000
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: So long as it isn't fictional, I like it

Post by dbd000 »

Terrible rain. Looking towards the airport and you cannot see the runway. Been like it all night and expected to last until early tomorrow morning. 8:18AM NZT.
lorDuckFeet
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas

Post by lorDuckFeet »

Yesterday the rain was so heavy but glad i don't experienced a power outage. As bonus a rainbow shown on the end.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

The temperature got up close to 80° today. Tonight the storms started moving in. They could be a little rough for a while. Tomorrow's high is in the 50s. Saturday we are supposed to get some snow later in the day into Saturday night, and maybe again Monday night. All four seasons within a week.

EDIT:
We're right in the middle of it. Hail, strong wind, heavy rain. Rotation reported 20 miles to the south.