Weather in your area 2017

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
fikrikawakibi
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Zephyr HAPS, ScanEagle, Citation X+, A340, 成都 歼-20

Re: Weather in your area 2017

Post by fikrikawakibi »

Last edited by fikrikawakibi on Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

Earlier this evening from my WS 4000 emulator.

temp_WS4000_CC.png
It is definitely windy today, and will be just as windy tomorrow if not a tad windier. Expecting the first real chance of severe wx in the metro on Sunday.
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Post by Monoceros »

Thnuderstorms, thunderstorms and more thunderstorms. Oh and a dash of frequent cloud to ground lightning and a few areas of storm cells with visible rotational motion within them prompting several Tornado Watches.
Turbofan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:29 am Earlier this evening from my WS 4000 emulator.

temp_WS4000_CC.png

It is definitely windy today, and will be just as windy tomorrow if not a tad windier. Expecting the first real chance of severe wx in the metro on Sunday.
I need to reconfigure and set up my WeatherStar 4000 sim on my newer laptop. Last I used it was on my old Toshiba Satellite.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

Monoceros wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:08 am Thnuderstorms, thunderstorms and more thunderstorms. Oh and a dash of frequent cloud to ground lightning and a few areas of storm cells with visible rotational motion within them prompting several Tornado Watches.
If there was rotation observed in the cells it those would be tornado warnings, not watches ;). Also, the NWS local forecast office will issue any tornado warnings based on a certain threshold of velocities observed in the area of rotation on radar. Sorry yeah, I know I'm getting technical but my meteorological geek side just comes out once every now and then :P.

If you need any help reconfiguring your WS 4000 let me know, be glad to help :).
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Monoceros »

Turbofan wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:49 pm
Monoceros wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:08 am Thnuderstorms, thunderstorms and more thunderstorms. Oh and a dash of frequent cloud to ground lightning and a few areas of storm cells with visible rotational motion within them prompting several Tornado Watches.
If there was rotation observed in the cells it those would be tornado warnings, not watches ;). Also, the NWS local forecast office will issue any tornado warnings based on a certain threshold of velocities observed in the area of rotation on radar. Sorry yeah, I know I'm getting technical but my meteorological geek side just comes out once every now and then :P.

If you need any help reconfiguring your WS 4000 let me know, be glad to help :).
Oh, no. The rotational cells weren't nearby when the watches were released. They were so far out from my area and the rotation really slow it didn't prompt a warning until it got within the county line and rotation increased. Eventually they subsided through the overnight and the rain moved out before 8am this morning.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

Monoceros wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:18 pm
Turbofan wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Oh, no. The rotational cells weren't nearby when the watches were released. They were so far out from my area and the rotation really slow it didn't prompt a warning until it got within the county line and rotation increased. Eventually they subsided through the overnight and the rain moved out before 8am this morning.
Ahh ok, that makes sense then. I should know being a weather enthusiast yourself you would know about that. :oops:
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

Current conditions:

temp_WS400_CC.png
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

Looks like an almost-classic setup for severe weather in our area. If the dewpoint can climb to around 60F or higher, things could get quite interesting. It will be one to watch for sure. As is the large hail threat with any storm is quite high.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

temp_WS4000_CC.png
Currently experiencing a line of storms moving through, but some training of storms is ongoing so the NWS local forecast office has issued a flash flood warning for much of the metro. Good rain though, we need it. And missed out on the severe wx (tornadoes in TX today).
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Monoceros »

Turbofan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:51 am temp_WS4000_CC.png

Currently experiencing a line of storms moving through, but some training of storms is ongoing so the NWS local forecast office has issued a flash flood warning for much of the metro. Good rain though, we need it. And missed out on the severe wx (tornadoes in TX today).
Your WeatherStar ad has a typo. Definitely not gonna call them if they can't sepll.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

Yeah, I've noticed that myself too. I should probably heed your warning. :P

Or I should do a better job typing those ads maybe? Hmm?

On another note, we ended up with almost 5 inches of rain. Overnight. Over here, sometimes when it rains, it really does pour.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

Earlier today, we had nice weather with a temp around 71F. It was snowing in the panhandle though with temps in the 30s; Boise (pronounced like boys) City in the western panhandle picked up more than half a foot of snow. Meanwhile, severe thunderstorms rolled on off to our east. Cold rain fell in the NW part of the state. We were basically in between these messes lol. Tomorrow, it will be a cool day for everyone with temps ranging from the upper 50s to low 60s depending on location. Early Springtime in OK...
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by Monoceros »

Wish taiganet would finish the mac version of the WS4000. But with that said, we just had a passing rain about an hour ago from this post that was not anticipated as a moderate front rolled its way in and dumped a few gallons of rain. Good thing as it is lowering the humidity and it isn't going to be as hot for at least the next day. And since they auto show is this week it's going to be a nice night for gawking at some new 2017-18 and possibly concept cars.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

Current conditions in my viewing area:
WS_4000_CC.png
Will be quite windy today, which will make it feel a tad chilly for early April. High will top out at 62F, which would be a nice temp otherwise with the higher sun angle.

On a separate note:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

People in the SE U.S. should be weather-aware today and not brush this off as "eh, nothing really ever happens here" because there has already been a confirmed "large and extremely dangerous tornado" on the ground in southern GA this morning.
MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Post by MD5Ray01 »

50°F and cloudy in my neck of the woods.
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

A beautiful week is inbound. SPRING IS OFFICIALLY HERE!
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

We survived the frost advisory from last night and are now sitting at 70° and sunny. We've been doing yard work today. We need to find something to put on the grill!
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by Turbofan »

Currently at 77F with a south wind at 22 mph gusting to about 30. A very slight chance of severe storms tomorrow (20-30%), otherwise it will be a dry weekend. More rain coming next week, which is good since that should beat the remaining drought even more.
lorDuckFeet
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas

Post by lorDuckFeet »

Drizzle. More clouds than sun. My favorite weather! :)
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Post by Richard Vo »

Just right now: sunny but grey sky, not blue. At least there is sunlight.
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
flyer17
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: boeing 787 dreamliner

Post by flyer17 »

sunny with some clouds