Idea for an airline

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Not1011
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Lockheed L1011, B100 King Air, DHC-6, Boeing 727

Idea for an airline

Post by Not1011 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:17 am

I don't know if this will ever happen, nothing ever goes right with me, but I'm thinking of making a virtual airline. I've already applied to two virtual airlines- Cal-Air and NatComAir- and haven't gotten a response from either. I might as well found my own.

A name for this far fetched idea?
I did not sell very well, so Lockheed killed me. I'm the reason it doesn't make airliners anymore.

Random stuff:
1. They ain't "sharklets", like Turbofan said.
2. The Tu-114 should really go back into service in a redesigned form.
3. The L-1011 should also return, too.
4. My posts are repeatedly deleted on the AM3 forum.
5. Concorde must return!
6. Fegelein can never die, even when Hitler himself tries to kill him. (Downfall parodies)
7. Embraer should restart production of the EMB-110 and EMB-120, as those are my two favourite prop planes.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: Idea for an airline

Post by Flake » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:21 am

Which medium did you contact these airlines in and when? They are quite often very responsive so this sounds abnormal. Perhaps you should try a few times.

Founding your own airline is no easy task - You need to understand how to fly almost everything correctly - namely, full IFR and VFR plus all sorts of approaches and departure procedures.

You then need to be able to make your own fleet, fly online often and market yourself to server owners and other pilots to foster growth and interest.

No one will do any of the hard work for you - You must be able to make your aircraft, maps and ground objects.

So... Are you capable and ready for the responsibility?

Not1011
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Lockheed L1011, B100 King Air, DHC-6, Boeing 727

Post by Not1011 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:21 pm

I contacted these airlines by their applications to join. No response, even though it's been well over 3 weeks since.

As for the airline responsibility, I've got a potato PC, no server, no modding expertise, no money to spare. I take it back; I don't think I'll be able to found and maintain my own airline.
I did not sell very well, so Lockheed killed me. I'm the reason it doesn't make airliners anymore.

Random stuff:
1. They ain't "sharklets", like Turbofan said.
2. The Tu-114 should really go back into service in a redesigned form.
3. The L-1011 should also return, too.
4. My posts are repeatedly deleted on the AM3 forum.
5. Concorde must return!
6. Fegelein can never die, even when Hitler himself tries to kill him. (Downfall parodies)
7. Embraer should restart production of the EMB-110 and EMB-120, as those are my two favourite prop planes.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Now, this isn't to beat your idea up.

But it is to be realistic. So many have come before you, wanting to start a VA.

Truth is about 5% of them succeed.

You CAN start a VA if you want, but you'll need to develop a name for yourself and the skills required if you want to do so.

For now, why not just fly around online on the servers and get started that way? Doing so will get you skills as a pilot, friends (networking) with other YS pilots to potentially recruit in future, and you can pick up YS modding skills on the way.

I'm by no means saying you could never be ready. Just that you are not ready YET. Don't beat yourself up over it. We're all busy and we can't always respond in 3 weeks. Hell I have been putting off OpenYS updates because I'm busy with life right now.

A lot of us are getting older, and less able to spend as much time on the game so we would love to see some young blood fill the ranks but you've got to put in the effort to succeed - it won't just be handed to you. And that is true for all things in life.

The very first VA's and squads in this game were using just the stock addons, so if you have the right stick, modding skills aren't required at all. Really, it's all about what you as a person and as a leader can bring to the table, but modding skills does a great deal to make people want to join you.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:48 am

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I actually only found your application yesterday and approved it as soon as I saw it. The reason for not seeing it sooner was that yours came in only a few minutes after another and I didn't see the notification from Google.

For future reference for other applicants, contact me here on the HQ if I do not respond within a few days.