YSFlight in China

Want to participate in helping improve the YSFHQ forum and help spread the work of YSFlight? Check it out!
YSFan
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Airbus A380, Saab 340, Lockheed L1011, NAMC YS-11

YSFlight in China

Post by YSFan »

I was just thinking of how YSFlight could attract more members. It seems that all of the other countries are already dominated by other flight simulators but China could become a potentially large new source of modders and pilots. This is because there is a growing group of diaosi in China who play lots of video games.However, I noticed there will be a few roadblocks.
1. A number of big YSFlight sites are hosted on Google Sites and so cannot be accessed in China(Natcom, Civav Server, Cal-Air, Decaff's site). We need to find a host not blocked in China and either move our sites over or host mirror sites there.
2.Chinese Names! The current names don't sound nice when translated/ transliterated into Chinese so we need to find separate Chinese names. World Airlines, Natcom and the Civav server don't sound so bad using direct translation, but the others need to find separate Chinese names.
3.Weibo/ Wechat presence: We need to set up social media presence on all the big Chinese social media sites. We'll have to be a bit more aggressive in hiring/ converting Chinese players to YSFlight. Microsoft Flight Simulator has a sizable presence in China as well but it is extremely resource-intensive and YSFlight should appeal as a lighter alternative. These are just my thoughts and ideas. Contribute yours as well!
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: One of them

Re: YSFlight in China

Post by Alpha Star »

China could be a big community. However the way things are done here are no good for them, as you said. Make the proposal to the Japanese community, they run things in a way I suspect china would. I think we have some chinese members here on HQ. Or at least we did.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.
YSFan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by YSFan »

Alpha Star wrote:China could be a big community. However, the way things are done here is no good for them, as you said. Make the proposal to the Japanese community, they run things in a way I suspect china would. I think we have some Chinese members here on HQ. Or at least we did.
Who? And, what do you mean by "the way things are done here are no good for them"? I never said the culture on this forum would be a barrier. In fact, it resembles a Baidu Tieba community in a lot of ways.
lorDuckFeet
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas

Post by lorDuckFeet »

I think Alpha Star was speaking about the Google Sites.

Something work fast when a people from country "A" plays YSFlight. So he will share with friends of country "A", and this will grow even and even. Both as we know with a lot of games of today the activity will be always low.
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: One of them

Post by Alpha Star »

Exactly. I was referring to the way we run our squads. Google sites has been used in YS for years and years. Now we all know that and like using that.
As for the chinese members, I cant remmeber who, but im pretty sure that was some.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.
YSFan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by YSFan »

I tried to post in 2ch asking for assistance but the overseas posting restriction of 2ch prevented me from doing so. Could a Japanese user pease help clean up the grammar of this post and post it on my behalf? Here's the post:
これは初めての日本語の投稿ですので、文法の悪いことを許してしまいました。YSFlightがもっと多くのメンバーを引き付ける方法を考えていただけです。他のすべての国が既に他の飛行シミュレータによって支配されているようだが、中国はモダンとパイロットの潜在的に大きな新しい供給源になる可能性がある。これは、中国では多くのビデオゲームをプレイしているジアノシのグループが増えているからです。しかし、いくつかのロードブロッキングがあることに気付きました。これらの多くはYSFHQでの行動が関係していますが、新しい中国のメンバーとYSFHQの既存のメンバーの間の文化の衝突かもしれません。私は、この提案がYSFHQの既存のメンバーによってあなたのコミュニティのメンバーに最善を尽くされたと言われました。あなたはまた、これらのメンバーを統合するのを手伝っていますか?
Margatroid
CVW-171
CVW-171
Favorite Aircraft: F-14D

Post by Margatroid »

YSFan wrote:I tried to post in 2ch asking for assistance but the overseas posting restriction of 2ch prevented me from doing so. Could a Japanese user pease help clean up the grammar of this post and post it on my behalf? Here's the post:
これは初めての日本語の投稿ですので、文法の悪いことを許してしまいました。YSFlightがもっと多くのメンバーを引き付ける方法を考えていただけです。他のすべての国が既に他の飛行シミュレータによって支配されているようだが、中国はモダンとパイロットの潜在的に大きな新しい供給源になる可能性がある。これは、中国では多くのビデオゲームをプレイしているジアノシのグループが増えているからです。しかし、いくつかのロードブロッキングがあることに気付きました。これらの多くはYSFHQでの行動が関係していますが、新しい中国のメンバーとYSFHQの既存のメンバーの間の文化の衝突かもしれません。私は、この提案がYSFHQの既存のメンバーによってあなたのコミュニティのメンバーに最善を尽くされたと言われました。あなたはまた、これらのメンバーを統合するのを手伝っていますか?
I wouldn't recommend that if I were you. 2ch don't like the Chinese very much.
KM6BZH
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Mitsubishi Zero

Post by KM6BZH »

I'm not sure if asking 2ch or any Japanese community would do much, but I can say that Japanese communities (there is a lot of fighter squadrons) run in a way that YSFHQ does, so they wouldn't be much of a difference. I think making and posting more videos on youtube or twitch might help.
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

Post by Scarecrow »

China's aviation boom is very much a real thing and I can agree to many of the points stated above. I've been in contact with a few Chinese contacts regarding airshows over in that part of the world and I can tell you that their excitement for aviation is genuine and intense.

YSFHQ doesn't offer the environment for the Chinese, in my opinion. It would be great to figure out a way to expose them to YSFLIGHT, however switching out websites over to different, etc. is not going to accomplish this. Has anyone joined YSFLIGHT because they saw a squadron or virtual airline website? Usually they're exposed to the game first, and their interest in organizations and such come at a way later stage. This goes for all parts of the world and not just the Chinese.

If you are using free Google Sites or Weebly in an attempt make an international impact, you're doing it wrong. Their SEO is junk and nobody takes these sites that seriously. They're good for our use and reasons (fun), but they are not a marketing tool. Your outreach and community involvement does that - not your website.

I would love to be involved with a Chinese focused outreach/marketing program for YSFLIGHT, unfortunately we as YSFHQ have yet to perform any decent piece of marketing for our own demographic in the past half decade - much less in a country where the way you do things is very different than such here in the United States and Europe.

I love the enthusiasm. I don't post as much as I used to but I still read everything, and I do post on things I feel are important. This is important and I want this to happen, but it has shown we cannot even market YSFLIGHT to our friends here at home. How do we plan on taking China?
ika_ysfs
Favorite Aircraft: Kawasaki T-4

Post by ika_ysfs »

I wouldn't recommend that if I were you. 2ch don't like the Chinese very much.
Yes. but actually Japanese YSplayer (including 2ch's ones) Doesn't think anything about it. (I think) Because we haven't flew in with you! and we don't have a connection from Japan to China...
Of course. we are hoping that more people can fly together in the sky!

(Japanese)
はい。しかし日本のYSplayer(2chの人たちも含めて)は中国のYSplayerに対して何も思っていないと思います。(個人的な感想です) なぜなら同じ空で飛んだ事がないからです。 そして私たちは中国への繋がりを持っていません、、
もちろん私たちは一緒に空を飛ぶ事ができる人が増えるのを望んでいます。