Flakes Construction Yard

Personal work in progress topics go here
MrFunnybone
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: UFO

Re: Flakes Construction Yard

Post by MrFunnybone »

Wow! Flake btw if you have the time can you make a low lag version with the minimun amount of ground objects like NAV and no ILS and some other misc?
Also for your trains instead of using the trucks you can use the GOP 2ch trains
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

I'll have a scout around for them, thanks funnybone! :3

Crazypilot: You want me to who the what now? :|
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Cheese

Post by Crazypilot »

I am asking if there are any carriers.
Dragon029
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-35A

Post by Dragon029 »

Nice work - I should get you to try and add in Mt Isa, it's a common stop-over for flights between Amberley and Darwin ;)
Per Ardua Ad Astra
>>> Dragon Addon Pack <<<
(PAK-FA, F/A-52, F/A-36, MQ-21)
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Sure. Hell If you are good at scenery creation, I'll be happy for you to make your own and I'll add it to the map. :D

As for carriers? Yes there is: One off the gold coast, and an enemy one for a maritime patrol exercise.

I might put another near pearce(perth) as well.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
vandal
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Tornado GR4

Post by vandal »

Flake, PatrickN had a train set in his ground pack.
Awesome 171st pilot
A member from yesteryear!
Also known as Princess Vandel
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

That is even more useful, as I am trying to condence the "out sourcing" of different packs to a minimum, so that minimal packs are needed to obtain.

plus, 2CH is a down right pain in regards to aquiring various permissions, unlike PatN would be. (*IMO)
BarLock
Favorite Aircraft: F-15E

Post by BarLock »

This map just looks absolutely impressive. And what better person to make the map then a resident himself? Just the thought of a full scale map of such a beautiful place makes my mouth water. Awesome work and i hope this may be used on the servers, looks like a good map for military AND commercial flight as someone else said.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

As an aside, I've been making myself a lovely little CBR250RR. It's nearly done. I just need to convert the engine housings to chuck inside, finish the front wheel, add the cooling system and finally drop the drivetrain in.

The hardest part is getting the normals to go how I want them.

Here's some eye candy for now, as I am currently working on the front brakes which are extremelly detailed... :/ (3656kb worth of srf... :/)

For those whom are unaware, I own one of these little things irl. (Awesome fun to ride!)

Model converted from Amiro Rei's work on the Sketchup Repository, with a bit of editing and appropriation (eg: removing mega detailed decals...)
Timmayx
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: English Electric Lightning

Post by Timmayx »

Honda do make some lovely bikes. My mate's last two bikes have both been Honda's (CB 500 and now a VFR 800) Lovely to go on the back of as well.
"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. "
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice »

What happened with Austraila map?
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Still happening.
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler »

T...T.. Tassie?
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

@MR:
Flake wrote:Still happening.
Cibbie taken for it's first test ride.
Lightning
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18E Super Hornet

Post by Lightning »

Flake,

You said the map is for YSRAAF only, how come I don't get it :P

Anyways, as in carriers, do we even have any in Australia? Not even the US carriers are based in Australia, you aren't adding any in are you o.o

You might wanna add some air traffic in there, as well as those which are on the base as well

Cheers,
Lightning,
Group Captain (YSRAAF),
Air Combat Group Officer Commanding
YSFlight Virtual Royal Australian Air Force
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

In regards to the carriers, they are definantly an "unreal" thingy. Just something to spice the map up for everyone whom doesn't want a purely realistic australia. And AI air traffic would be a lag bomb...

Perhaps Soji can add an automated AI system which autospawns ai aircraft in future.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Been several years lol.

---

DAT library almost done. Here's what I'm NOT handling. Just gutta test dats and fix these one by one.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :AIRCLASS HELICOPTER
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :PROPELLR 3800HP
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :PROPEFCY 0.65 #Propeller efficiency
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :PROPVMIN 20m/s #Minimum speed that T=P/V becomes valid
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :FUELABRN 0.0kg #FUEL CONSUMPTION WHEN USING AFTERBURNER
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :ISPNLHUD TRUE
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :MXIPTAOA 0.0deg #MAX INPUT AOA
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :MXIPTSSA 0.0deg #MAX INPUT SSA
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :MXIPTROL 0.0deg #MAX INPUT ROLL
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :TRSTDIR0 0.0m 1.0m 0.0m #Thrust vector 0
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :PSTMYAW_ 30deg #Post-Stall Maneuver VYaw
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :POSITION 0m 3ft 0m #POSITION
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :ATTITUDE 45deg 0deg 0deg #ATTITUDE
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :AAMSLOT_ 2.64m 0.30m -0.31m
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :AAMSLOT_ -2.64m 0.30m -0.31m
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :AGMSLOT_ 1.58m -0.26m 0.31m
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :AGMSLOT_ -1.58m -0.26m 0.31m
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :RKTSLOT_ 2.35m -0.17m 0.31m
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :RKTSLOT_ -2.35m -0.17m 0.31m
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :INITIAAM 2 #INITIAL AAM
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :INITIAGM 8 #INITIAL AGM
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :INITBOMB 0 #INITIAL BOMB
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED :INITRCKT 38 #INITIAL ROCKET (10kg/each)
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

More work on the DAT class today.

I've got many of the DAT files loading okay while parsing ALL variables into classes. IE: I can programatically see where the cockpit is positioned, the number of hardpoints and what can be loaded on them etc.

Here's a sample of the batch test I'm running:

Code: Select all

angels.dat reads OK!
v107.dat reads OK!
f104.dat reads OK!
f104.dat reads OK!
f104.dat reads OK!
f104.dat reads OK!
b52.dat reads OK!
f2.dat reads OK!
f2.dat reads OK!
f2.dat reads OK!
t4blue.dat reads OK!
t4blue.dat reads OK!
t4blue.dat reads OK!
mig29.dat reads OK!
mig29.dat reads OK!
mig29.dat reads OK!
ah64.dat reads OK!
ah64.dat reads OK!
ah64.dat reads OK!
f15dj_midori.dat reads OK!
f15dj_midori.dat reads OK!
ea6b.dat reads OK!
ea6b.dat reads OK!
ea6b.dat reads OK!
hawk.dat reads OK!
hawk.dat reads OK!
hawk.dat reads OK!
f15dj_sotomidori.dat reads OK!
su25.dat reads OK!
su25.dat reads OK!
b737.dat reads OK!
b737.dat reads OK!
b737.dat reads OK!
b737.dat reads OK!
a320.dat reads OK!
a320.dat reads OK!
a320.dat reads OK!
f15d.dat reads OK!
f15d.dat reads OK!
mu2.dat reads OK!
mu2.dat reads OK!
mu2.dat reads OK!
mu2.dat reads OK!
f5.dat reads OK!
f5.dat reads OK!
f5.dat reads OK!
f5.dat reads OK!
u125a.dat reads OK!
u125a.dat reads OK!
u125a.dat reads OK!
u125a.dat reads OK!
redarrows.dat reads OK!
redarrows.dat reads OK!
redarrows.dat reads OK!
redarrows.dat reads OK!
av8b.dat reads OK!
av8b.dat reads OK!
f16.dat reads with ERRORS!
NOW PROCESSING : f16.dat
========================
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : MAXNAAMM 999
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : INITAAMM 2
=====================
END OF FILE : f16.dat
This is the result of a simple script to loop through the ./Aircraft/ folder for all .DAT files, then try and load one at random. if it fails one, it'll stop looping and show me why. Very rapid refinement of the .DAT loading process.

Tonight I intend to move the underlying DAT loading types back to a generic class, so I may load 2015+ variables I'm missing:

c130.dat reads with ERRORS!
NOW PROCESSING : c130.dat
=========================
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : NREALPRP 4 # Number of (realistic) propeller engines
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 NBLADE 4 # 1 argument. Number of blades.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 AREAPERBLADE 0.790m^2 # 1 argument. Blade area. About 1.5m length times 0.2m width, roughly.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 CL 0deg 0.2 15deg 1.2 # 4 argument. cl1 AOA1 cl2 AOA2 (Approximated by a linear function)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 CD -5deg 0.006 20deg 0.4 # 4 argument. minCd AOAminCd cd1 AOA1 (Approximated by a quadratic function)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 PITCHCHGRATE 90deg # 1 argument. Maximum angular velocity that the blade can change pitch. (per sec)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 MINPITCH 8deg # 1 argument. Minimum propeller pitch.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 MAXPITCH 60deg # 1 argument. Maximum propeller pitch.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 KGOVERNER 0.05 # 1 argument. Governer const. Defines the reaction speed of the propeller governer.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 GRAVITYCENTER 1.25m # 1 argument. Distance from the rotation axis roughly 0.25m(spinner)+0.75m(prop)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 LIFTCENTER 1.25m # 1 argument. Distance from the rotation axis
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 WEIGHTPERBLADE 30kg # 1 argument. The weight of one blade. Probably something like this.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 CLOCKWISE 0 # 1 argument. This engine rotates clockwise. Argument is the zero-based blade index.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 MAXPOWER 4910HP # 1 argument. Maximum horse power or J/s
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 IDLEPOWER 10HP # 1 argument. Idling horse power or J/s
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 RPMCTLRANGE 1000 3500 # 1 argument. Range of RPM for prop-lever position.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 0 SNDRPMRANGE 700 3000 # 2 arguments. Range of RPM for sound effect.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 NBLADE 4 # 1 argument. Number of blades.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 AREAPERBLADE 0.790m^2 # 1 argument. Blade area. About 1.5m length times 0.2m width, roughly.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 CL 0deg 0.2 15deg 1.2 # 4 argument. cl1 AOA1 cl2 AOA2 (Approximated by a linear function)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 CD -5deg 0.006 20deg 0.4 # 4 argument. minCd AOAminCd cd1 AOA1 (Approximated by a quadratic function)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 PITCHCHGRATE 90deg # 1 argument. Maximum angular velocity that the blade can change pitch. (per sec)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 MINPITCH 8deg # 1 argument. Minimum propeller pitch.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 MAXPITCH 60deg # 1 argument. Maximum propeller pitch.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 KGOVERNER 0.05 # 1 argument. Governer const. Defines the reaction speed of the propeller governer.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 GRAVITYCENTER 1.25m # 1 argument. Distance from the rotation axis roughly 0.25m(spinner)+0.75m(prop)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 LIFTCENTER 1.25m # 1 argument. Distance from the rotation axis
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 WEIGHTPERBLADE 30kg # 1 argument. The weight of one blade. Probably something like this.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 CLOCKWISE 0 # 1 argument. This engine rotates clockwise. Argument is the zero-based blade index.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 MAXPOWER 4910HP # 1 argument. Maximum horse power or J/s
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 IDLEPOWER 10HP # 1 argument. Idling horse power or J/s
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 RPMCTLRANGE 1000 3500 # 1 argument. Range of RPM for prop-lever position.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 1 SNDRPMRANGE 700 3000 # 2 arguments. Range of RPM for sound effect.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 NBLADE 4 # 1 argument. Number of blades.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 AREAPERBLADE 0.790m^2 # 1 argument. Blade area. About 1.5m length times 0.2m width, roughly.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 CL 0deg 0.2 15deg 1.2 # 4 argument. cl1 AOA1 cl2 AOA2 (Approximated by a linear function)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 CD -5deg 0.006 20deg 0.4 # 4 argument. minCd AOAminCd cd1 AOA1 (Approximated by a quadratic function)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 PITCHCHGRATE 90deg # 1 argument. Maximum angular velocity that the blade can change pitch. (per sec)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 MINPITCH 8deg # 1 argument. Minimum propeller pitch.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 MAXPITCH 60deg # 1 argument. Maximum propeller pitch.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 KGOVERNER 0.05 # 1 argument. Governer const. Defines the reaction speed of the propeller governer.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 GRAVITYCENTER 1.25m # 1 argument. Distance from the rotation axis roughly 0.25m(spinner)+0.75m(prop)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 LIFTCENTER 1.25m # 1 argument. Distance from the rotation axis
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 WEIGHTPERBLADE 30kg # 1 argument. The weight of one blade. Probably something like this.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 CLOCKWISE 0 # 1 argument. This engine rotates clockwise. Argument is the zero-based blade index.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 MAXPOWER 4910HP # 1 argument. Maximum horse power or J/s
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 IDLEPOWER 10HP # 1 argument. Idling horse power or J/s
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 RPMCTLRANGE 1000 4000 # 1 argument. Range of RPM for prop-lever position.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 2 SNDRPMRANGE 700 3000 # 2 arguments. Range of RPM for sound effect.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 NBLADE 4 # 1 argument. Number of blades.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 AREAPERBLADE 0.790m^2 # 1 argument. Blade area. About 1.5m length times 0.2m width, roughly.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 CL 0deg 0.2 15deg 1.2 # 4 argument. cl1 AOA1 cl2 AOA2 (Approximated by a linear function)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 CD -5deg 0.006 20deg 0.4 # 4 argument. minCd AOAminCd cd1 AOA1 (Approximated by a quadratic function)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 PITCHCHGRATE 90deg # 1 argument. Maximum angular velocity that the blade can change pitch. (per sec)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 MINPITCH 8deg # 1 argument. Minimum propeller pitch.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 MAXPITCH 60deg # 1 argument. Maximum propeller pitch.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 KGOVERNER 0.05 # 1 argument. Governer const. Defines the reaction speed of the propeller governer.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 GRAVITYCENTER 1.25m # 1 argument. Distance from the rotation axis roughly 0.25m(spinner)+0.75m(prop)
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 LIFTCENTER 1.25m # 1 argument. Distance from the rotation axis
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 WEIGHTPERBLADE 30kg # 1 argument. The weight of one blade. Probably something like this.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 CLOCKWISE 0 # 1 argument. This engine rotates clockwise. Argument is the zero-based blade index.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 MAXPOWER 4910HP # 1 argument. Maximum horse power or J/s
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 IDLEPOWER 10HP # 1 argument. Idling horse power or J/s
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 RPMCTLRANGE 1000 4000 # 1 argument. Range of RPM for prop-lever position.
DAT COMMAND NOT IMPLEMENTED : REALPROP 3 SNDRPMRANGE 700 3000 # 2 arguments. Range of RPM for sound effect.
======================
END OF FILE : c130.dat
When I'm able to read all dat files without errors, I will then code up a wrapper class to make the data access friendly:

Vehicle.GetInitialFlares()
Vehicle.GetInitialAAM9X()
Vehicle.EstimateMaxFlightRange()
Vehicle.EstimateMaxFlightCeiling()
Vehicle.EstimateCornerVelocity()
SpiderGraph results = Vehicle.CalculateSpiderGraph()
Just examples of all the cool shit I wanna do.

So close to done with this vital part of the YSFlight file IO library which will have a major role in the next generation of OpenYS Servers!

NB: One more thing that this class can be used to do is ensure aircraft performance, which will be vital for the combat and other calculations/statistics tracking I want to do in the long run.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

DAT loading is now complete up to some 2015+ variables. I'm not handling REALPROP style values yet and I won't add that functionality to the library until I'm ready to use it.

LST loading for aircraft is also complete, recursive through the YSFlight aircraft folder. I can use this to load DAT files from anywhere - user folder, aircraft folder...

Right now I could write a simple drag-drop tool to test a DAT file for potential errors. I might do that later.

Break for now, I'm going to start work on the "performance" layer which will do measurements based on the DAT values -> spider graph type values and the like. Another layer of abstraction. I haven't worked out what values to compare and how yet - time for some math.

----

EDIT: Specific loading of lines is not consistent, it has been revealed to me after some stress testing. I'll need to sort that out later - everything else is okay.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Library can now calculate the 6 performance categories as specified in my discussion on the combat regs thread. Now working on a math system to handle equations as I need to solve quadratics on the fly as part of how the calculations work. Easy to do for a compute and very stable, so long as I don't screw up the math. One of those "the math is harder than the code" problems, so I'll sit and stew on this for the weekend. Once done, expect the library to be able to rate aircraft DAT''s in the 6 categories from 1-10.