Southern California Map

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
Boom
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15, F-22

Re: Southern California Map

Post by Boom » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Try putting 2 cars in one srf for half the motion paths, and for places with gentle turns maybe up to 5 vehicles in 1 srf

Maroon 5
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 767

Post by Maroon 5 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:49 pm

That's just what I was thinking.

By the way, I'm also going to extend the Southern California coast further up, maybe into San Francisco or something. Then that would make this a California map, meaning I seriously screwed up with my orignal topic subject. The Catalina Island airport (child scenery) is complete, too. I'm also going to add a military base on San Clemente Island, south of Catalina, with a dirt runway, and an enemy tank generator Rect region.

In addition, I am using Patrick 31337's PMNV ground object houses to create neighborhoods around airports. This won't completely slow down YSF though, because each row of houses is a child scenery of a block, and each block of houses is a child scenery of the main map. There will also be moving cars on freeways and near airports. Please comment and leave suggestions. Thanks.
Looking for a unique security and malware forum? Look no further than www.styxnet.pw

Philster
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747

Post by Philster » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:57 am

Why don't you try making neighborhoods using elevation grids? Less lag, and in my opinion, looks more natural than textureless ground objects.
241st Shadow Hunter
Team Awesome # 241
Soji wrote:They were the last birds who could have been arrested for the criminal negligence.

Maroon 5
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maroon 5 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:11 am

Hmmm... maybe I should create a California [lite] with elevation grid houses and less detail and a regular California map. By the way, Philster, I was wondering if you wanted to collaborate, with all due credit for working on the map. I took a break from Catalina and Avalon and I'm working on the San Fernando Valley.

I'm currently trying to make my apartment using elevation grids. You'll see it on the map when flying into Van Nuys. Plane on apprach there pass right over my apartment, and I can't concentrate on the map when runways 34 are in use because of the takeoff noise, hence my signature.
Looking for a unique security and malware forum? Look no further than www.styxnet.pw

Philster
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747

Post by Philster » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:39 pm

Somewhat busy with other things right now, so I can't really help on the map.
241st Shadow Hunter
Team Awesome # 241
Soji wrote:They were the last birds who could have been arrested for the criminal negligence.

Maroon 5
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maroon 5 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:18 pm

MORE AIRPORTS!!!!!

I flew out of Whiteman Airport the other day (for real, not in YSF). Pretty awesome. I'm planning on adding Whiteman, Fullerton, San Bernadino, Ontario, Oakland, San Francico, and Las Vegas airports. If someone would volunteer to collaborate, that would really speed things up.

NavyGator
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Prop-Driven civil

Post by NavyGator » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:50 am

fanjet wrote:MORE AIRPORTS!!!!!

I flew out of Whiteman Airport the other day (for real, not in YSF). Pretty awesome. I'm planning on adding Whiteman, Fullerton, San Bernadino, Ontario, Oakland, San Francico, and Las Vegas airports. If someone would volunteer to collaborate, that would really speed things up.
If you want, checkout the fishbed maps, (I cannot remember the name of the modder. See map-re-release post from Gunny) they include the Vegas airport, (might save a day or two).

Maroon 5
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maroon 5 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:11 am

The fishbed maps are made by moro... I think. I night also use part of the York Valley map, since a part of it is similar to McCarran/Las Vegas Int'l. Do you know where to contact the creator of the York Valley map?

Maroon 5
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maroon 5 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:16 pm

I've decided to take Philster's advice and create houses through elevation grids. I am also in the process of repacing ground objects in the map with elevation grids. By looking at Styk's map, I discovered how to create skid marks with graduated quad strips. If anyone has suggestions, or would like to help me with the map, please let me know.

By the way, I will have to postpone the release date indefinitely. A lot of my PC2 and ref BMP's were on my flash drive, which is now giving me a code 10 error, meaning it won't start and all my data is lost. Now I have to re-download the 3 GB of YS Flight stuff I had on there. Damn.

NavyGator
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Prop-Driven civil

Post by NavyGator » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:52 am

What was it I heard somebody say about that kind of thing...
Oh, yeah, "Back-up your Back-up".
My condolences. I know whereof you speak.

Maroon 5
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maroon 5 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:37 pm

Adding lightpoles and other stuff to the scenery. The roads are also detailed, having a double yellow line in the middle. Good scenery for driving cars around, once its done. The beta version will be released on April 1 unless otherwise indicated. Expect more screencaps.

decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:19 am

April 1st eh? ;)

Can't wait to see it.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Server Flight Log
Addon Database Submit Addon To Database

Maroon 5
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maroon 5 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:17 pm

When the beta is released, the map will be about 30% completed. There won't be any tricks, though. :D

Maroon 5
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maroon 5 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:46 am

Okay, I'm kind of busy Sunday, so I'll release it on March 31st. As you may notice, there are ground objects from many users. I am planning on replacing some of them with elevation grids later on. The beta version will be ver. 1.3. Version 1.0 was the original map, and 1.1 and 1.2 were backups.