extraction

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
Lotus
Favorite Aircraft: F-22 Raptor

extraction

Post by Lotus »

Where do you extract the main HQ files to? Must I overwright the aircraft file so many times? Iv'e downloaded All of the HQ files. They are zipped. I've dropped them into the game location C:/programfiles/ysflight.com but I have no idea what location these files need to be extracted to inside the ysflight.com folder. Help me please. BNIpack- HQ packs 1 and 2- HQPGAC - and Project Falcon.

~Kill'em All~
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: Addon FAQ

Post by Flake »

^^ make sure you drag the folders "Aircraft", "User", and etc. to the C:/Program Files/YSFLIGHT.COM/YSFlight directory.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Lotus

Re: extraction

Post by Lotus »

Everything is in order now, thank you. I've Put them in specified locations as sugguested. I'm able to connect through YSFHQ servers without fail. I did however download an addon by NEIL and the f-35 files aren't working propperly. I keep getting an error that say's cannot accsess User/NEIL/f-35/f-35a_uk.dat. I don't understand how all of this modding is completed as of yet, but I won't give up! There are 4 files that came with the addon but all of them give me the error previously stated. The files iv'e added on from WW3 servers worked fine. Iv'e even modded my sound properly. Just keep getting that error. I installed 2 versions of blender. 1 version came with python, the other I had to install it. I downloaded the YSFLIGHT .dnm / .srf file viewer and Blender still won't let me import .dnm files. Need help!

~Kill'em All~
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

Check the aircraft.lst file for that pack. Make sure that it doesn't look like this

Code: Select all

user\NEIL\yada\yada.dat
It should look like this:

user/NEIL/yada/yada.dat
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Lotus

Post by Lotus »

They are in their respectfull positions. (It's a bit comfusing) I mannaged to get blender to work properly after some trial and error. Even painted an f-22 and hope to have the files that go with the .dnm in working order soon. Example: IDENTIFY "(VX)F-22_Raptor" Id'e like to make a contribution of some sort. Hopefully things won't be so difficult with my own files. Allthough I still have not fixed the neil file location errors; everything else is running smoothly now. Thanks.
NOTEPAD:

user/neil/F-35A_UK.dat user/neil/F-35A_UK.dnm user/neil/f35cl.srf user/neil/f35acpt.srf

~Kill'em All~