Modding Permissions From Various Modders

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Modding Permissions From Various Modders

Post by decaff_42 »

This is a consolidated list of Remodeling/painting permissions. Feel free to add any that are missed (I know there are many) just follow the format:

Code: Select all

Creator/Author
Actual quote from site
Link to page containing permissions information
What this means for YSFHQ modders
YSMajor
-All models may be modified as long is credits are given to myself and possible original creators.
http://ysmajor.weebly.com/index.html
You can modify any of YSMajor's planes so long as you credit him and any original creators of the models.

TF58
-For all of my maps and aircraft models, with the exception of the Boeing 747 (see below), you can repaint/modify them in any way you want, and you do not need to ask me beforehand. All I ask is that you credit me as the author of the model/map which you based your work on.
-For the Boeing 747, you may repaint and modify them, without asking me beforehand, but you must send your work to me for review before I will allow you to release it. I will only accept good quality mods of my 747 model.
http://www.ysflight.ca/index.php?page=policy
You can modify any of his work (Except his Boeing 747) without asking and release it while crediting him. Any Boeing 747 mods have to be approved by him before being released.

Note: THIS policy has been updated as of 10/26/2012. See here

CEP
-Remodeling any data in this home page is free. Releasing the arranged data in open space is admitted subject to specified the author name of original data and the pack name which include original data.
http://raptor.ddo.jp/ckpacks/CEP/warning.html
Free to modify, but credit Cep pack and original author (if known)

Kzs
-Remodeling any data in this home page is free. Releasing the arranged data in open space is admitted subject to specified the author name of original data and the pack name which include original data.
http://raptor.ddo.jp/ckpacks/Kzs%20Pack/warning.html
Free to modify, but credit Kzs pack and original author (if known)

Oranleed
-Anyone can publish modified these data subject to declare the name of original author or the name of the PACK which include original data.
http://raptor.ddo.jp/oranleed/hangar/hangar.html
Free to modify, but credit Oranleed pack and original author (if known)
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: Modding Permissions From Various Modders

Post by Flake »

Flake:
Use whatever original parts of mine you want, just say where you got them from.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

As usual you may modify any of my work in any way you want.Just make sure to give credit where credit is do.To me as well as where I have modified other peoples work I.E.Patrickn mostly.
Image[/align=centre]
lorDuckFeet
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas

Post by lorDuckFeet »

Hangar VEM
-We painted commercial aircraft from various airlines. The package comes with the credits of their original actors.Some of the actors are best known OWL, Takaty, TF58 and more others.
http://hangarvem.weebly.com/
Free to modify, but Lucas credit pack and original author (if known)
Shutter

Post by Shutter »

GAC: repaints are fine so long as credit is given

GACRP: Don't bother. Crediting follows a notification-based system, and all the members are dead / emails unknown.

Birdfarm: Credit birdfarm and the respective GAC models. Pretty much the same for HQPGAC since it's the same family of stuff.

Modding team sources: See modding team rules.

OCP: this is not a GAC-like pack. Many planes are not by the OCP creator himself, but by various other japanese modders. Find the original authors and follow their procedures.

Don't mess these up.
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

Styk's Maps:
PM Permission
You can edit and re-release his maps, while he says that you do not have to credit him, you should.

-- Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:31 pm --

Oranleed Collection Pack Exceptions:
http://raptor.ddo.jp/oranleed/hangar/re ... ublish.htm

The planes in the packs on the above page cannot be modified without the permission of the original author.

-- Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:18 am --

Grenium's F-16 Pack

4.Remodeling any data in this data is free. Releasing the arranged data in open space is admitted subject to specified the author name of original data and the pack name which include original data.

Standard crediting and release.
http://raptor.ddo.jp/grenium/blog/F16s.zip
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

Policy revised July 3, 2018. See revised policy below.
Last edited by Turbofan on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

Dont' want to seem apart from the rest but I currently want anyone who wishes to modify my maps to seek my permission before doing so. Partly because I'm still sensitive to seeing my work changed and also because I may have used some elements that I want to ensure other modders are properly credited for and such. When requesting permission just tell me what you intend to do with the map and I'll probably be okay with it (maybe lol). Sorry if that comes off harsh but better safe than sorry.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
Welshy
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Sea Jet

Post by Welshy »

As long as you said my work helped, release at will, I ask for, although don't require a pre-release of the project (FOR MY FUN ONLY :P)
YSFHQ Elected Overlord
Overlord of VMFA-125 (CVW-171)
Previously Supreme Overlord of 323rd CAW
Friendly Neighbourhood Miscreant
Head Honcho at Talking Aero and British Defence
If you see me post like this in a thread pay attention!
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

Hey all,

I am revising my map modification policy so instead of editing my previous post (which may or may not get read), I am making a new post here.

As always, anyone is free to edit my maps provided the following guidelines are observed:

- You give me credit for the original base map you are modifying
- My map is not physically "relocated" from its geographical region to "fit" into your map's region (this applies to instances where someone wants to include my map in a fictional or real-life map region of their own and in doing so, basically "move" my map into the geographical region of their map; I know this point will probably generate some debate but I am open to discussion on the particulars through pm or on Discord through private chat).
- You clearly state that the modified part of the map is your work
- You adhere to the standards of my maps on basics like taxiway lines, taxiways, runways etc.

Please pm me or shoot me a message on Discord if you have any further questions, I'll be happy to answer them there. Thanks!
Last edited by Turbofan on Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tigershark
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: uk & germany fighter

Post by tigershark »

hi all. i want to let you guys know i want to add a modding Policy on my cars because i don't want people come on in releasing my cars unless the ask my permission and i want a review of the model because i work well on those.
all my cars.
https://sites.google.com/site/ysflightmotosport/cars

My Policy rules
- if you ask my permission and i say 'no' i am sorry but that how it is.
- if you fail to meet my review of you repaint or remodel. you can't not release it anywhere.
- when you have ask my permission and pass my review of your work. you must credit me do so or it not getting release.
- if you release it on YSFHQ without my permission 1 of the admin will take it down.
- when you have ask my permission and pass my review of your work and you have credit me. thank you
plunderbird
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F5 A10 SR71

Post by plunderbird »

tigershark wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:20 pmhi all. i want to let you guys know i want to add a modding Policy on my cars because i don't want people come on in releasing my cars unless the ask my permission and i want a review of the model because i work well on those.
all my cars.
https://sites.google.com/site/ysflightmotosport/cars

My Policy rules
- if you ask my permission and i say 'no' i am sorry but that how it is.
- if you fail to meet my review of you repaint or remodel. you can't not release it anywhere.
- when you have ask my permission and pass my review of your work. you must credit me do so or it not getting release.
- if you release it on YSFHQ without my permission 1 of the admin will take it down.
- when you have ask my permission and pass my review of your work and you have credit me. thank you
Link fixed. As the original wasn't working.
Fliped out of the arena, again! :(
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

My policy is do whatever the hell you want with the YSFlight models/dats etc I make. I give attribution to all contributing artists and I ask you do the same - ie, creative commons non-commercial share alike 3.0 attribution.

Now as for my software? that's a bit tighter regulated as it's potentially more dangerous if misused or misappropriated. All the same, creative commons non-commercial share alike 3.0 attribution with any additional restrictions - eg: must share, must post to github, must not misuse, or use for a fit purpose. Again, best to speak to me about that sort of stuff if you intend to work with it. I'm usually very lenient and would gladly give my blessing on anything you do with my software.

If in doubt, ask me.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
NajmiCreative
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-29N,SU-30 MKM

Post by NajmiCreative »

NajmiCreative
-you can repaint the models,and don't forget to credit me
-modifying some of the models are also allowed,but if the original models were originated from permission based owner,it is recomended to ask the original owner such as Umaibow .etc
-lastly,don't ask me for my O L D E R stuff (before the Airlines and RMAF repaints) like "the map",it is intendedly removed and no longer available (but if the available ones that had broken link then yes)

https://sites.google.com/site/ysnajmicreativeworks/home
My official website
My Twitter NOTE:All my rework model are allowed for repaint and need to credit on publish..no need to PM me anymore
[align=center]for modifications on my mods,please PM me first,and credit me and original creator(if my work were rework)[/align]