Scenery Editor Polygon

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
abcjake
Favorite Aircraft: A-51 E Mudshark

Scenery Editor Polygon

Post by abcjake » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:43 pm

Once again, another scenery question

How would I copy a polygon and paste it?

Thanks in advance

Philster
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747

Re: Scenery Editor Polygon

Post by Philster » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:08 am

Hit escape to clear your interface. Go to select-> select item and choose the scenery the polygon is in. The pink box around the scenery should light up and become bold. See if you can choose the polygon. If not, hit escape to clear your interface and try again. Under Map, hit copy, paste, and finally move selected elements to move the duplicate you just created.

If you just created the polygon and it was already selected, you can skip the part in the beginning and go directly to the copy and paste part. However, I'm trying to outline the concept of clearing your interface so you will get used it it. When starting with scenery editor, I had trouble with this. Often times I would try to change a mistake, but could not figure out how to reselect it. It takes a while to get used to, and hopefully you understand what I am trying to say.

Also, make sure you try and check your resources before creating a new topic. I know for sure that this is covered in the "help" manual that comes with scenery editor, and probably in Decaff's manual too.
241st Shadow Hunter
Team Awesome # 241
Soji wrote:They were the last birds who could have been arrested for the criminal negligence.