Ørb# (Orb Sharp) Development Log

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: Ørb# (Orb Sharp) Development Log

Post by Flake » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:33 pm

The old fCraft based system I'm imitating requires the user to edit the code to "register" a command.

I intend to do away with this. I'll instead declare all the objects and methods as normal, then, once done, I will scourer the commands class on startup and find any variables of type "commanddescriptor" then perform the registration on that variable.

Just a note for where I pick up later.

So far all the information commands are ported across to the new format (all the "/commands.*" commands).
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:39 am

The command autoregister is done, and commands are loading like they should.

Now I just need to convert all the commands to the new format, and we're done.

it's also worth mentioning, that I've adjusted the user/group/rank finding methods to replace '_' with ' ' now, so you can use underscores for players with spaces in their names.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:18 am

You know guys, I don't mind if you yack about jack schitt in here. Keep me entertained.

Class this and Method that get's boring after a while.

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:23 am

[spoil]I'm a twisted person, I know.[/spoil]

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:07 am

I'm often getting issues with Orb lagging out and making it impossible for people to join. I'm closing and reopening the orb instance daily to stop the lag. If I don't close/reload then orb crashes.

Thought you'd like to know.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:30 am

There is something breaking I'm sure.

I'll run my own server with a fake client, and I'll just do that for hours/days and see what happens.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:10 am

Finished porting commands across to the new command structure which is cleaner and easier to manage.

Weather and etc. commands now require the ManageServer permission. (So now, only server admins can change the weather.)

There may be a few bugs with these commands though as they are untested in their new format. If something breaks for you, let me know which command you typed causes it and I can look into it.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:07 am

Some work today:

A few commands formatted. Added "Group Info" command plus a few extensions to make things faster development wise.

Started to fiddle with Async Sockets and threaded sockets. It actually made things much slower so abandoning that idea.

Played about a bit with the entity joined packet. I'm able to change the initial spawn position of an aircraft.

It would seem YSFlight also sends a flight data packet to the aircraft telling it where to initially be on deployment.

The fact that Aircraft repond to their own flight data packets is a break through. Now I can teleport aircraft around, have admins be able to fly, spectate a user, and then return to what they were doing.

A few small changes to the way years are implemented in the datetime code. should make for a more uniform program now.

Next steps will be to implement the KDR, then start working on the Flight Data packet (that damned type 11 that is huge and complicated!)

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:31 am

Coded the first TRUE debug command:

/Sniff <type> <start> <end>

This is very useful for me especially. It waits for a specific packet type (upto 30 seconds). when it gets it, it reads the packet, and throws back the segment selected.

I'm using this for the scanning of flight data packet, to test and confirm packet elements.

The command is only usable by those with the manage server permission, unless the server is a debug build (development environment only), then it is always usable.

The command is usable on a per client basis.

It was actually a very easy job too! it worked first try! :D

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:54 am

Typing "/" in chat now repeats the last thing you said. If it was a command, this will be repeated. Goes great with my sniff function.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:48 am

Now reading flight data packets of versions 4 and 5 in full.

these are "short" formats, used 90% of the time. The long format is for when the data cannot be represented by short format, for example, when turning very hard.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:56 am

History in the making today:

Today, the first YSFlight Flight Data packets were modified.

It is possible now, for me to change certain aspects of flight, such as bank angle, heading, gear in/out, smoke on/off etc. (for other aircraft only)

EDIT: Flying an F-16 backwards is surprisingly difficult.

Eric
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Super Hornet

Post by Eric » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:13 am

Congratulations, you have now achieved [glow=red]LEGEND[/glow] status.
I make this website.