PAPI Lights

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
DD-Destroyer
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: FA-50 Golden Eagle

PAPI Lights

Post by DD-Destroyer » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:08 am

I asked to soji how to make PAPI Lights polygon, he sent me a reply but I cannot understand. Below is what I sent and what soji replied
Mail wrote:During making scenery, I and my team is trying to create all ground object by our own hands. Everything is OK, but I met a barrier: PAPI. I opened your papi dnm and analyzed, but there is nothing special with the lighting polygon. A box and a bright polygon was all. I also opened .dat but there was only code(VISVLD PAPI) added. I think the code is not for activate papi.

How did you do make a bright polygon as papi effect? How did you succeed with each side of papi work as their position(Papi_left, Papi_right)?

Hi,

The first-used SRF in the DNM defines the light. First 1/4 polygons define the inner-most, and the last 1/4 polygons outer-most. For example, if there are eight polygons in the first SRF in the DNM, first two defines the inner-most light. The first-used SRF cannot include anything else. Other parts are drawn in the rest of the SRFs.

Since the polygon gets very small from far away, you probably need to use LOD.

Good luck!

Soji

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: PAPI Lights

Post by Flake » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:11 am

The first-used SRF in the DNM defines the light.
First 1/4 polygons define the inner-most, and the last 1/4 polygons outer-most.

For example, if there are eight polygons in the first SRF in the DNM, first two defines the inner-most light.
The first-used SRF cannot include anything else. Other parts are drawn in the rest of the SRFs.
Since the polygon gets very small from far away, you probably need to use LOD.
- Basically, Soji means use the light balls that you can assign to a srf, as you see on the stock aircraft aircraft lights! ;)
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!