Modding Team Information

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
YSFHQ
Staff Chief
Staff Chief
Favorite Aircraft: All of them.

Modding Team Information

Post by YSFHQ »

Shutter wrote:So I'm starting a sort of group dedicated to modding. From what I understand many people find some parts of modding quite fun but other parts of it pretty daunting. The idea of this group is to create a framework where people share work so that everyone only needs to do what they enjoy and make stuff when they feel like it. The cornerstone of the group is a shared folder in dropbox, a cross-platform file syncing program which allows us to have works in progress constantly synced. Each modder will have their own subfolder in which to store source materials others can download to work on.

Here's an example of how this works:
Person A has made a base mesh of a certain aircraft, but doesn't enjoy painting. Person A posts about this in an update and person B notices. Person B enjoys painting and so takes the aircraft from the folder and paints it, and puts it in their own folder and posts their progress. Person C sees this update and has some free time and so makes a dat for it, and Person A can go ahead and release it while crediting all 3 people. This method is better because it increases the speed of the mod's production and reduces work for all involved.

To join, post below.
Click here to view the current member list.
Copy is the tool we will be using to instantaneously share projects and is available here: https://www1.copy.com/install/ (or just visit Copy.com)

The install is very straightforward, the amount of storage space you get is very large (15GB+), and it is compatible with pretty much any OS. Your Copy account is created during the install and it's also very straightforward.

The way we will be using this is that you will fill out this form the email you used to create your Copy account and a modding team manager will share a folder with that email. In this folder will be a subfolder for every member of the team, and in it you keep your projects. If someone wishes to advance a project, they pull it from the folder of whoever the modder is and take it to their own computer, and edit it. They then keep the edited file in their own folder. The idea for this is that no one directly edits the source file, which by extension creates a natural backup should a contributor mess up the file in some way.

Fill out the form for the Copy folder to be shared with you: https://docs.google.com/a/ysfhq.com/for ... o/viewform

Please take note of the folder rules:

Thanks,
Modding Team Managers
Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Re: Modding Team Information

Post by Monoceros »

I made the account and filled out the form. I hope I did everything correctly.
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

Does this apply just for aircraft???
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

It applies to every thing from aircraft to software.
Image[/align=centre]