Back to work.
Linked up the check boxes to hide the columns, added a right click context menu to usenames (Can be extended later to do things like right click-> Kick, Ban, Promote, Demote, Kill...)
I've been racking my brain about how to do this user interface all year and I think I've got it all worked out now.
This console is actually it's own object, so I can drag the entire thing into a new form, which will have a context menu strip up the top for server specific control, and a userlist on the right (Which would also have the same right click context menu functionality).
Road map is simple so far: Get the UI working, get a basic user database working, copy across and refactor the old server code from OYS, get a server running on the new UI.
Spent all afternoon trying to work out why my TableLayoutPanel wasn't playing nice with the scroll bars. Turns out it's a Mircosoft error: If the panel dimensions are set to "Absolute" and auto-size is on, it confuses itself. The solution is to turn the autosize off, and then throw the TableLayoutPanel into another Panel. Voila!
Enough for one day I think. Tomorrow I'll get the rich text message class working with this, so I can color code, add underlines, all sorts of other cool funkyness
Got bored, did more work. Messages are now linked to the RichTextMessage class, and messages are (mostly) being formatted correctly. The word "Test" is supposed to be pink but I'm having some issues with setting the selection correctly. A minor fix I'm sure, but I'll have to sort it out tomorrow...
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!