Current Projects

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
Welshy
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Sea Jet

Re: Current Projects

Post by Welshy »

Gunny wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:39 pmBirmingham [GB].Seems a bit anemic after Airbourne's scenery. ;) Documented using Pooly 2017 flight guide and Jepp's data services for the main terminal area.Ground objects by NEOCON, Airbourne and KZS packs.It seems that Airbourne and Pats stuff did a disappearing act on me in scenery editor.But do reappear in the game.
Looks stunning Gunny. Pooly's is a great resource, although my copy is older than myself
YSFHQ Elected Overlord
Overlord of VMFA-125 (CVW-171)
Previously Supreme Overlord of 323rd CAW
Friendly Neighbourhood Miscreant
Head Honcho at Talking Aero and British Defence
If you see me post like this in a thread pay attention!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Just FYI, though the water will be at -2m, you still cannot fly that low. You will crash 2m above the water, making lower level flybys of the beach impossible.

I advise you put all of that into a child scenery, and move that +2m, same effect really without any of the weirdness.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

Could Airbourne's method be used to create a coral reef? Have the "floor" set into negative value, insert the reef on top, then add a transparent tinted layer as the "water". It would be a ground object like a floating runway, and thus still landable, with a view!
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

Vic, that is an interesting idea. I would say having the ocean floor under zero elevation would make it visible through the ground, and elevation grids can start from under zero elevation and be visible, so I would think that would make for an interesting map.

Here is my current project, a special paint of TF58's Simple 747-400 in the United Airlines livery for the upcoming event celebrating the final flight of the UAL 747.
United 747
United 747
I just need to add a tail logo.
Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

I'm back from a world without a main computer :)

Took the time to finally start on the terrain around Creech. All of what you see behind the town was done with a single elevation grid. Some of these peaks reach 100-150 feet more than they usually do in real life so I'll be sure to fix that in the future. 20 miles of mountains more to go :lol:

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

That looks good. I wish I could make elevation grid hills look half that good.

Speaking of half, I'm a little past half finished with the UAL logo for the tail of my 747.
UAL logo starting to take shape
UAL logo starting to take shape
Ok, so I finished the logo and added it to the 744. I also added some lights.
UAL 747 Complete
UAL 747 Complete
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

Now that looks cool! Can't wait to take it to the skies :).
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I figured we ought to send the 747 out with more than just one paint, so I did two more, including the old Battleship Livery (with the tail logo from decaff_42's decals) and the "Friend Ship" name on the current livery.
UAL 747-400s
UAL 747-400s
The public release of the pack will be on Sunday, 5 November, two days before the real United 747's final flight and one week before the 747 celebration on YSCAS.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

Man, you're tempting me to fly instead of doing ATC for the event Pat :lol:

Much appreciated, I'll be flying these long after the real one is retired. LHR TSiPs video anyone? ;)
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

42 'cause...ya know. :D
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Back to work.

---

Linked up the check boxes to hide the columns, added a right click context menu to usenames (Can be extended later to do things like right click-> Kick, Ban, Promote, Demote, Kill...)

I've been racking my brain about how to do this user interface all year and I think I've got it all worked out now.

This console is actually it's own object, so I can drag the entire thing into a new form, which will have a context menu strip up the top for server specific control, and a userlist on the right (Which would also have the same right click context menu functionality).

Road map is simple so far: Get the UI working, get a basic user database working, copy across and refactor the old server code from OYS, get a server running on the new UI.

----

Spent all afternoon trying to work out why my TableLayoutPanel wasn't playing nice with the scroll bars. Turns out it's a Mircosoft error: If the panel dimensions are set to "Absolute" and auto-size is on, it confuses itself. The solution is to turn the autosize off, and then throw the TableLayoutPanel into another Panel. Voila!

Enough for one day I think. Tomorrow I'll get the rich text message class working with this, so I can color code, add underlines, all sorts of other cool funkyness :)

---

Got bored, did more work. Messages are now linked to the RichTextMessage class, and messages are (mostly) being formatted correctly. The word "Test" is supposed to be pink but I'm having some issues with setting the selection correctly. A minor fix I'm sure, but I'll have to sort it out tomorrow...
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
PilotC
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: _

Post by PilotC »

With the Blue Angels completing their 2017 season this past weekend, Command of the Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron was turned over from Capt Ryan Bernacchi to Cdr Eric Doyle. I'm currently in the process of updating all of the jets to match the 2018 team members.
Deleted User 2704

Post by Deleted User 2704 »

Currently developing ysmodelio(DynaModel IO API for Python) on Bitbucket for replace exportsrf series.
It will provide common interface easily to access DynaModel from Python 3.x.

I want to develop it opensource IF it possible(such that).
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I noticed the airport at Jackson, TN, was looking pretty bad, so I am rebuilding it.
KMKL
KMKL
Stephen
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Things With Wings

Post by Stephen »

Piddle project in the works. Just pulling this out of my head as I go, so... probably not going to be the most accurate model. But it's more about the fun anyway. Just might this get in YSF yet. :)
Deleted User 1872

I've gotten a lot done within two days for the next YS air show! I plan to release a lite version of Chanute AFB along with the HQ version of the map so that those with the lower-end platforms can have the choice of either having great framerate or having a great map with the cost of their fps during the show. ;)

Buster
Favorite Aircraft: B-26

Post by Buster »

Were all looking forward to it Kujo!!
Zack
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon

Post by Zack »

Oh my, Looks great kujo!
Deleted User 1872

Had put the map in-game finally and it's coming along great. Still planning on releasing two versions though

tigershark
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: uk & germany fighter

Post by tigershark »

here the f-111 i have done. i hope you guys like them. plus i not finish yet just some more to go.

the F-111 set is done.