Page 17 of 187

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:37 am
by NavyGator
"Run it As Admin..." Mmm, You could be right, I might not've tried that
trick yet..., good suggestion; I'll let you know how it works. Thanks Danny.

Edit: Good Call Danny! I finally had it work; did a .fld; and a .stp.
I was not able to take off from the map though, contact with the scenery
is currently killing planes. Time to learn the next step, making the scenery
touchable. But, I is underway.

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:41 pm
by Philster
NavyGator wrote:"Run it As Admin..." Mmm, You could be right, I might not've tried that
trick yet..., good suggestion; I'll let you know how it works. Thanks Danny.

Edit: Good Call Danny! I finally had it work; did a .fld; and a .stp.
I was not able to take off from the map though, contact with the scenery
is currently killing planes. Time to learn the next step, making the scenery
touchable. But, I is underway.
Did you pave a part of the map so you could take off?

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:26 pm
by Flake
Is your map default water? and do you have a runway the aircraft can land on?

What is the altitude of the start position? Nothing higher then 1m off the ground? Leave the y value at it's default in the dialouge.

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:55 am
by Neocon
I made a video that might help you. You have to insert rectangular region boxes around any area you upon which you want to land, and you have to add a motion path set as a Land area around that area, too.

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:46 am
by NavyGator
Yeah, I think I made water as default. And I have a green Poly with a
Rectangle, with a Rectangle, with a Center Line. I might have a difficult
time with taxiway placement though, I was attempting to re-create
French Frigate Shoals' Tern Island, so almost the entire Island would be
paved in someway (save for the water-land transition, danger should still
exist somewhere) and I'd like to include a few smallish out-buildings/
quansuts along the Southerly side. This view is from the Eastern end.
Image

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:57 pm
by 50CENT
:lol: :roll:

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:56 am
by Airbourne
Image

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:03 am
by Shutter
Is that a model or a ridiculous set of lines?

Looks pretty neat.

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:15 am
by Airbourne
An actual model, i just made it look better without the black background and with some "drop shadow".

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:04 pm
by Neocon
Electric lines might cut down on some of the low-flyers' fun.

Gator, I encourage people to make maps similar to mine. Maybe yours will be better. :)

Still working on Guam. Got Apra Harbor done. I think all the airports are close to realistic elevations, and I have two more to add before I'm done.

Apra Harbor:
Image

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:16 pm
by Airbourne
Patrick31337 wrote:Electric lines might cut down on some of the low-flyers' fun.
I have about 20 on my map plus an ass-load of elevation-grid trees and some other ground objects, but still get 64fps

edit: here is an update to my Columbia map. I felt like making it look better with the frame. :D
Image

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:27 am
by Flake
So that's the answer to awesome scenerys without lag...

Elevation grids?

I don't get how it's any different to poloygons, really. Theoreticly they should use the same processing power right? :roll:

Elevation trees for all!

Hay. Have you exported the trees as terrain/sceneries for easy re-import and placing? I was thinking of making a "elevation grid" ground object pack.

Advantages:
  • Don't need any other addons but the map to enjoy the map to it's best.
    Textured Ground objects at no expense to frame rate? HELL YEAH!
Disadvantages:
Huge map files that can crash easy... (Unless you're a smart guy whom uses external refferences like a bawsse.)
LOOOOOOOnNNNNNggggg Load time?

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:32 am
by Shutter
Airbourne wrote:
Patrick31337 wrote:Electric lines might cut down on some of the low-flyers' fun.
I have about 20 on my map plus an ass-load of elevation-grid trees and some other ground objects, but still get 64fps

edit: here is an update to my Columbia map. I felt like making it look better with the frame. :D

Image

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:43 am
by Philster
Flake wrote:
Hay. Have you exported the trees as terrain/sceneries for easy re-import and placing?
I don't think you have to export and re-import trees. You can just lay a huge elevation grid down, select the nodes you want as trees, raise then to a certain height, and clear zero elevation grids without smoothing. However, I agree on your idea with an elevation grid pack. That would be amazing.

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:26 pm
by Raven
Airbourne wrote:
Patrick31337 wrote:Electric lines might cut down on some of the low-flyers' fun.
I have about 20 on my map plus an ass-load of elevation-grid trees and some other ground objects, but still get 64fps

edit: here is an update to my Columbia map. I felt like making it look better with the frame. :D
Image
This has got to be finished and released, total eye candy.

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:12 pm
by waspe414
Can't wait till this is finished. There was one a while back that was looking pretty good as well. Same map?

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:40 pm
by Airbourne
Flake wrote:So that's the answer to awesome scenerys without lag...

Elevation grids?

I don't get how it's any different to poloygons, really. Theoreticly they should use the same processing power right? :roll:

Elevation trees for all!

Hay. Have you exported the trees as terrain/sceneries for easy re-import and placing? I was thinking of making a "elevation grid" ground object pack.

Advantages:
  • Don't need any other addons but the map to enjoy the map to it's best.
    Textured Ground objects at no expense to frame rate? HELL YEAH!
Disadvantages:
Huge map files that can crash easy... (Unless you're a smart guy whom uses external refferences like a bawsse.)
LOOOOOOOnNNNNNggggg Load time?
Yes Flake I did import/export the .pc2 file and it has no lag issues that I know of.
Philster wrote:I don't think you have to export and re-import trees. You can just lay a huge elevation grid down, select the nodes you want as trees, raise then to a certain height, and clear zero elevation grids without smoothing. However, I agree on your idea with an elevation grid pack. That would be amazing.
I made a 300m x 300m square with 10 "blocks" in 100m.
Raven wrote:This has got to be finished and released, total eye candy.
Soon, and I hope to edit a "Lite" version as well.
waspe414 wrote:Can't wait till this is finished. There was one a while back that was looking pretty good as well. Same map?
Thank you, and yes the same Columbia map. (also thank you too Shutter ;) )

EDIT: Some more eye candy, and new airshow scenery.
Image
Image

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:31 am
by Neocon
I like that trick with the elevation grid trees.

I just finished Guam, which means the map is complete. I'm going to test it out a little and maybe release it tomorrow. :)
The view from the north end of Guam looking south:
Image

The map:
Image

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:50 am
by Flake
Airbourne, If the frame rate is still decent enough, I demand YSAS Hosts a show there. That's a DEMAND Luke. :lol:

I'm also kidding, but not really. Please?

Re: Current Projects

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:24 am
by Airbourne
Flake wrote:Airbourne, If the frame rate is still decent enough, I demand YSAS Hosts a show there. That's a DEMAND Luke. :lol:

I'm also kidding, but not really. Please?
Luke(Scarecrow) is gone, he left a couple of days ago for some reasons in which we can discuss over PM.

Maybe on the Lite map, also if I can I will make a ground object pack and release it. Got a lot of useful every-day-seen objects Like telephone poles/towers, cars, fences, houses........now that im thinking about it, most of it is elevation grids :lol: