Addon Modification Policy Database

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Addon Modification Policy Database

Post by decaff_42 »

Hello YSFHQ,

To help modders find preliminary information about the modding permissions for an addon, I have developed a form to collect information. Do not submit someone else's addons for them.

Google Form

Database: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION

Some Notes of Importance:
(1) If the modification policy of an addon changes, it is encouraged that the modder re-submit their addon to this database.

(2) This is designed to be a reference for modders and not the only source of information regarding the addon modification policy. Please follow the links provided to find the most current and original policies.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Re: Addon Modification Policy Database

Post by Midnight Rambler »

This is a super cool idea Decaf. Does it specifically apply to scratch built models or can (originally) modified packs be included (such as mine for example)?
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven »

I also have a few queries.

What does it mean by Add-on Modification Policy Date? Does it mean the date which the form was submitted, or the day the policy took effect?

Also, if someone decides to change his policy, how is the database going to be modified to reflect this change?

Should non HQ packs be included in this database as well?

I also think that this form would be difficult to use for those who do not have a specific page for releasing addons. For modders like me, who make their releases primarily on the forums itself, it would be a hassle to link every single one of the addons released and it would clutter up the database.

I recommend future add-on release threads point to this thread, in order to spread its reach. Like at the end of the post, maybe the user can show his support for this by signing it up to the database and include the database number. Probably even make an image to be used to verify its presence on the database.
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

decaff_42 wrote:Hello YSFHQ,

To help modders find preliminary information about the modding permissions for an addon, I have developed a form to collect information. Do not submit someone else's addons for them.

Google Form

Database: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Maybe it would be better contact with Yuichi and propose him make an column on YSFINDER.NET with license info?

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Yep sure, let's jut put the work on someone else completely unrelated to this?

Not a good idea. If we can do this ourselves, it will get maintained and updated frequently.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven »

OfficerFlake wrote:Yep sure, let's jut put the work on someone else completely unrelated to this?

Not a good idea. If we can do this ourselves, it will get maintained and updated frequently.
No actually I think it's a solid idea. I don't think he's asking Yuichi to build the database himself, but rather including this database that we are building to the add-on database. So we build this database, then when someone searches for an add-on, he is also able to access this database to see what are the permissions for remodification.