About the project:
FPS=YSPS is a proxy program able to read and modify the messages sent and received by the server using it. So it offers a lot of possibilities.
here a non exhaustive list of all the functions I am planning to make for YSPS, send your suggestions
- some of the functions of the WW3 server (team-chat, in-flight scores (done), G-limit, ...)
- some functions of YSChat (flight duration) (done)
- administration privileges (groups, users, passwords, ...) (done)
- functions to change the weather (done)
- compatibility with wtr radar (almost done)
- will send to a database infos about the server (map, players, weather...) to build a fast server-list which will tell if the server uses Hamachi... (done)
- calculation of the flight-distance, fuel used (done)
- kill counter (started)
- functions to protect airlines (as I can intercept kill signals...)
- The program works on Linux and Windows.
- Work with DOT NET (Mono on Linux)
- Made with C# (fastest language to deal with threads, as the program must not make additional lag)
- No GUI to be fast (like the server Apache, I'll try to find a solution so that the program doesn't appear in the task bar)
Latest Beta Release (16th of February, 2009)
Manual install (Windows, Linux and Mac) 970Ko
FOR THE SECURITY OF YOUR SERVER: READ THE DOCUMENTATION TO LEARN HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT PASSWORD FOR ADMIN PRIVILEGES (you don't want everybody be admin?).
Several commands are available:
Code: Select all
/distance show the distance from your stp in NM /fuel show the fuel used /help get help /kills show your number of kills /listuser show the user list /lives show the damages (lives) /metar show the weather in the METAR format /ping command to test the speed of the server, not useful /pswd%= command to login /reset_info reset fuel and distance in flight
More commands if you are admin:
Code: Select all
/ban USER ban an user /blackout_off disable the blackout /blackout_on enables the blackout /collisions_off disable collisions /collisions_on enable collisions /day change the environment to day /dispell USER dispell an user /flushUsers update the users (only useful for the person who runs YSPS) /kill_ground Name_of_the_object only works after 1 person connected (to get the groundlist) /kill_user kill an user /kill_id kill an user or a ground object (if you know his ID) /landev_off disable land_every_where /landev_on enable land_every_where /missile_on /missile_off /night change the environment to night /radaralti=NUMBER(m) change the minimum altitude to appear in the radar /version show the current version of YSPS /visib=NUMBER(m) change the fog /weapon_on /weapon_off /windx=NUMBER(m/s) change the x component of the wind /windy=NUMBER(m/s) change the y component of the wind /windz=NUMBER(m/s) change the z component of the wind
- As it's a beta version, the server might crash with an untested command or situation.
- Report here the bugs you notice, thank you.
- Connect on 7914 if you don't want to test YSPS, else 7915
- problems with the radar
- little disconnection problems if the internet connection is slow
- if the YSFS server is restarted, you need to restart YSPS too
More information in the old topics:
31 August 2008: 126.96.36.199
- First alpha release
- Major bugs to fix.
01 November 2008: 188.8.131.52
- Disconnection problem fixed
- /dispell function fixed
- /ban function finished
05 November 2008: 184.108.40.206
- Other disconnections problem fixed
- /distance and /fuel functions fixed
- disconnection messages fixed
11 November 2008: 220.127.116.11
- new command: /kill_ground Name_of_the_object only works after 1 person connected (to get the groundlist)
If you connect YSChat to YSPS, you'll receive the groundlist if YSChat is the first user.
- user defined commands: as in YSPS1, you can create a new file in configuration/txtcmds to create a new command
- kill_user fixed
- kill_id fixed
- problems of wrongs username in the messages xxx has killed yyy fixed
- less messages are sent to YSChat
- metar format is now Heading(3 characters)Wind_speed(3 characters when possible)
045027KT means there is a wind of 27Kt in the direction 045
1451127KT means there is a wind of 1127Kt in the direction 145 (to read, you make a 3 characters cut)
15 November 2008: 18.104.22.168
- windz command
- deleted the music and "One mess avoid message", but you'll see a message saying "ONE CLIENT IS GOING TO BE DISCONNECTED BECAUSE THE DELAY TO GET THE SEQUEL OF THE PACKET IS HIGHER THAN 10 SECONDS" if nothing has been sent after 10s and a packet was expected.
06 December 2009: 22.214.171.124
YSPS 126.96.36.199 is released!
Your server YSPS will be automatically added and updated in a dedicated server_list.
31 January 2009: 188.8.131.52
12 February 2009: 184.108.40.206
- sends the flight durations to the YS_servers database
- sends the flight durations and more information (fuel, distance, full flight, ... )to a 2nd database shared with YSATC
YSPS users don't have to use YSChat.
16 February 2009: 220.127.116.11
- can disable the smoke
- kill automatically the vulchers
Tutorial to install YSPS: