[PROGRAM]Orb: YSFlight Proxy Server Script

Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: [Indev_0.1.1]Orb: YSFlight Proxy Server Script

Post by Flake » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:57 pm

They can't get a list of the hashes or table, as that isn't shared. (Will never need this. I'll make my own hashes and ask YSFHQ instead. downloading a hashtable would be retarded as if a username changes their details, it's out dated anyway and won't work.)

It's a simple poll service. like 20 questions, without a clue.

is it this? No. Is it... this? No. what about this? No. or this? No. this? YES OMG HOW DID U NO!1oneone.

so don't stress about people grabbing the hashcodes or running a rainbow table on it, as it's not even part of the code. (See previous two posts. Passwords will be safe inside a dll retreival method, which will not be shared with the source code. further more, hashtables will not be accessible at all.)
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: [Indev_0.1.1]Orb: YSFlight Proxy Server Script

Post by Flake » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:25 am

Total Time online should now be working in full. (timespan in c#, will be easily updatable later.)
Total Flight Time should now be working in full.
Orb is now hosted on SourceForge. (Sourceforge will soon be decrepted and the project will move to YSU.)
Orb is now updated to 0.1.2. (Numbering will restart with c#)
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

NavyGator
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Prop-Driven civil

Re: [Indev_0.1.2]Orb: YSFlight Proxy Server Script

Post by NavyGator » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:42 am

I hope this doesn't come off as sounding too stupid, but how does a PROXY-Server compare with
an ordinary one, and just what is the difference in how they are used?...
and how do you know when to use one or the other?

(I explain this below. a proxy is just a smart redirect service. it'll read the data, figure out if it needs to change or action it, then it will send it on if needed. This works both ways between the server and the client, therefore, the program can't be run without the server as it doesn't know what to say to the client.)

Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:01 am

Yea what he said.Whats it do for me?If anything since I don't have a server.
Image[/align=centre]

Martin-Dutchie
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-20A Tigershark

Post by Martin-Dutchie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:13 am

A proxy server is essentially a gatekeeper. It receives input, alters it, and sends the result out. So for example when you connect to a server, you connect to the proxy, which sends all the info to the actual YSFlight server. The server sends it to the proxy, which will then send the info out to the client. Because the proxy is between the server and client, the proxy can for example deny access to certain persons, prevent certain aircraft from spawning and so on.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:42 pm

A proxy server is exactly as martin dutchie described it.

Client -> (7915) Proxy (7914) -> Server
Client <- (7915) Proxy (7914) <- Server

And as martin said, the purpose is to read and edit packets as need be. i've just tied that purpose in with a database program, so that the two work together.

If you are a client, you can have special records or information kept for you, as well as extra game-modes to play, etc.

If you are a server owner, you can have more control over your server.

it's hard to explain, so give it a go! :D

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:14 pm

More game modes to play? I'd like to see that. Also, silly question, does the client need any client-side program to be on one of these servers or we can come in just like a normal one? (Nope. But I am thinking about an Orb Client... More news after 3.0 C# Orb.)
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:28 pm

It's completely server side. You simply join a server running it, exactly the same as YSPS servers.

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Great, thanks.
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!

NavyGator
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Prop-Driven civil

Post by NavyGator » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:53 am

Oh, OK, So it is a Front End for the Servers running YSFlight. Cool!
Will that make 'em any easier to get onto? (I hope)

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:41 am

Heads Up:

IF you were wondering why the project suddenly slowed down, well it's because I've moved out of just editing and reading packet type 32, to all the others. I'm learning how YSFlight Servers talk, completely. Inside-Out. (This is a real fucking bitch. I'll code a YSF packet sniffer, perhaps people will be able to help me out? I have most worked out EXCEPT flight data. That is VERY hard and thus will have its own core in 2.0)

Big props go to Vincent, whom, without him, I'd still be stuck in the Orb Stoneage. (cheers broheim.)

I've worked out a few extra packet types that vincent didn't find:

7: Acknowledge Aircraft ID
8: Join Request
9: Approve Join Request
10: Deny Join Request
12: End Own Flight
20: Dropped Flare, Ordinance, or Explosion
21: ??? Acknowledge/Keepalive? (I worked this out, but I don't remember off top of my head. Think it was a keep alive or x locks onto y...)
30: Air Commands (This is all the stuff in the .dat file, appropriated and condensed. It is sent every time a user wishes to spawn.)
36: Weapon Loadout
38: Query Airstate (I'm not sure what the hell this actually DOES apart from send a number of aircraft and their ID's.) (THE FUCK IS THIS!?)
46: Kill confirmation (username flying X kills username/npc Y with Z) (fucking USELESS imo.)

I'm still working out a few others. I have a structure:

All the ones I know, print a message to console (unless it's sent often, like acknowledgements). The ones I do NOT print verbose to console, so I know when it happened, roughly why, and what data is sent too. It takes a bit of experimenting (weapon loadout was hard) but it's worth the effort.

I've restructured the way sockets work, as the modules were inconsistent (some wanted self.socket, some just wanted self) so that will make things more standardised and easier to manage.
I've coded usertags in. When flying, you fly as, for example "Flake". when talking, your group is added to the front (and if in the primary group, that takes precedence) followed by your rank in that group: "([YSRAAF][ACM]Flake)Hello." The bonus here, is with the tracking information, you still fly with the same username, and it keeps all your old information. (Have broken the sockets back up again, but they share the same data receiving and parsing method.)

Gunny

Post by Gunny » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:35 am

Let me first say I am not in any sense of the term a programmer so my ignorance will be apparent.That being said,is it plausible instead of using text chat to use a voice chat in an add on application to Ysflight.Like the teamspeak but actually not.Some thing that would be more native to Ysflight and could be in-beded into a server without all the bells a whistles of teamspeak.I am not talking hacking Soji's stuff.But plug into a server or proxy.Just a simple volume up-down -talk push to talk App.
Image[/align=centre]

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:08 am

If I WERE to do that, I'd need a client and server package,

IE: Client -> proxy client -> proxy server -> server.

It is very much possible, and maybe one day, I'll add a stub for orb to detect a orb client...

but not at the moment.

The power that would yeild is limitless. I could display pop-ups on screen, play special sound effects, add custom g effects, etc. limitless, because I can change the output on a system level rather then a server only level. Another time maybe.

I figured out another packet type that's been confusing me (as it seemed to juts appear randomly in flight)

18: x locks onto y.

Gunny

Post by Gunny » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:18 am

As usual never as easy as the layperson thinks. :D
Image[/align=centre]

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: [Indev_0.1.3]Orb: YSFlight Proxy Server Script

Post by Flake » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:26 am

Massive fix to database loading of users, so users data is not cross corrupted or lost. :oops:
Changed the way console prints
Added a catcher for missing master group (which breaks shit like crazy)
New packet types recognized.
New bug report method. (Now saves to logs instead, exception and where it came from. MUCH better, as a copy of the log is plenty detailed.)
ORB UPDATED TO 0.1.3

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: [Indev_0.2.0]Orb: YSFlight Proxy Server Script

Post by Flake » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:56 am

Coded and working the following info:
Assisted Killers (Everyone who lands a damage packet) (Moving all this shit back to 3.0 Not necessary in early stages and just over complicates EVERYTHING)
Last Assisted Killer (the last person to land a hit, just incase the killed confirmation is not sent (it happens! D:))

Assisters will get an assist bonus, but no kill.
Last Assist WILL get a kill.

Kills implements, K:D Ratio working., and points placeholders are in place.
Bug fix: sockets not closing correctly if username is banned or rejected due to overlap, caused server breakage if a new client connected after.
Kill confirmation packets (type 46) are being dumped for now as they clog the feed.
Orb updated to 0.2.0 :D

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: [Indev_0.2.1]Orb: YSFlight Proxy Server Script

Post by Flake » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:54 am

Bug fix: K:D was broken because comparison was not server based but client based instead. (I was referencing the wrong object.)

Added Try/Except to the K:D script to avoid issues.

Orb updated to 0.2.1

Maroon 5
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 767

Post by Maroon 5 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:20 am

Sort of stupid question, but can I control this remotely (send commands) from my computer to the program, which resides on another computer 2 miles away? My friend is letting me use his computer (which runs almost 24/7) as a server, but he knows nothing of YS. He plays Minecraft. So I have to somehow control the application from my computer, relay it to his, which is the server. Help? And don't tell me to use remote desktop. He doesn't trust me with it :D .
Looking for a unique security and malware forum? Look no further than www.styxnet.pw

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:44 am

it's controlled by YSFlight text messages, so you log into the server as an admin, and modify it that way.

If you need access to the database, have your friend run it off of dropbox, so you can edit it from the other side of the world. I've done that with fCraft servers. ;)

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:28 am

You're updating it quicker then I can download :D

I have two reasons why I'm not using it at the moment.

1) I still can't understand the permission system, could you write it out? (I'll code a GUI for it instead.)
2) I used get an error that rejected all incoming users after a while of running... I'll download the new version and see if it happens... After I learn how the permission work :lol: (Yeah this was a socket crash, I've throughly tested sockets via a much smarter means: i use any YSF server as the actual server to connect to, run orb on the local machine. client -> orb -> internet -> server. this gives me real life applicable socket testing and has allowed me to fix a myriad of issues. Latest python build forwards, you shouldn't get these errors anymore.)