[PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:41 am

Okay I'm starting to work on tying up the loose ends.

I'll be working on developing a settings file, and I'll be working on a class to handle accesses to the settings file on the fly as well. Thus, I'll be to write commands like Settings.Get("SERVERPORT").As(UInt32) which is a very quick way of handling a string like "SERVERPORT 7915" from the settings file.

In other news I've solved my PDB problem by simply unbundling the pdb from the solution and adding the debug path as "./Debug/($Configuration)/OpenYS.pdb" - I'll add little checks to the exception handlers to test if that exists and if it does, throw the error to the console, if not, just advise the console that there was an error and if you wish to debug errors in future have the debug folder in place.

After that's all done, I'll do advanced dumping for client objects and the main server threads to log files when an exception is encountered which will help me help you help us all.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: [PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Post by Flake » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:49 am

Now Updated to Version 20150227(1339)

Changes:
+Now using a settings file for the program - make sure your settings file is the same name as your executable (eg: OpenYS_Server.exe uses OpenYS_Server.dat)
+Batch files now made redundant - no longer included in this release forward.
+Ability to set variables on start up such as wind speed, fog, blackout...
+Debug pdb's now bundled in a "Debug" folder - bug reports now working as intended again. Will likely use this method of debugging the program for the foreseeable future until I decide to purchase a host server for OYS.
+Fixed some bugs with my "replaceall" string function - would infinite loop on empty strings and strings where target == source.
-Removed Nukes

Notes:
~May be instabilities in loading, after which point, server should work just the same as before. If your server crashes on booting, let me know!
~Download size is now ~3mb - the pdb files are pushing the size up from ~1.7mb at current. Sorry...

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?hpob7m4u8tkqgvr
---

Coming soon:
~Load MORE Server Options from YSFlight Server Options file.
~Whitelist/Blacklist server (halfway there - can kick user by IP. Need a way of blocking them now.)
~CLA identification and options for aircraft. More control to pack creators and server owners as to the power of addons on the OYS server.

Last edited by Flake on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:58 pm

I've had it going for 12 hours and haven't seen an error.

EDIT: I typed that out a couple of hours ago and just now hit "Submit". Then I checked and saw an error. :?

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:28 pm

HAHAHA, oh silly me, I forgot to update the error handler for the emailer...

I've got no line number or anything.

Will post a quick update this afternoon to fix that.

I'm sure you would've seen a line/column number thrown in your console yes? Mind checking the console logs for me to let me know? (Just ctrl+f "error")

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:52 pm

EDIT: Console logs! Yay! Another reason why OYS is the best thing for YSF since DNMbuilder for English speakers. :lol:

It is the PHP bot getting disconnected again.

Code: Select all

================================================================================

2015/02/27 11:54:40: OpenYS Has encountered an error

2015/02/27 11:54:40: Thus, client PHP bot has been disconnected.

2015/02/27 11:54:40: 

2015/02/27 11:54:40: MESSAGE:    
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

2015/02/27 11:54:40: METHOD:     
    Boolean Handle_01_Login(GenericPacket)

2015/02/27 11:54:40: STACKTRACE: 
    OpenYS.OpenYS.Client._YSFClient.Handle_01_Login(GenericPacket InPacket)
    OpenYS.OpenYS.Client._YSFClient.Handle(GenericPacket InPacket)

2015/02/27 11:54:40: ================================================================================

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:51 am

Yeah as I thought, it's the exact same... *sigh* I'll get it fixed up in a few hours.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:21 pm

Holy shit, Windows Presentation Framework is AWESOME!

Man was not meant to possess this much power!

For example - gradiented select colors, and that gradiant on the right is all computer generated - no PNG file!

EDIT - Oh yeah, I should have fixed the error lack of reporting too. Since it's really not an URGENT fix, I'll just wait until next release for that one! ;)

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:42 am

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:04 am

It's a wrench!

Two things to report:
1. I've found version 20150227 buggy to the point that everyone who joined ended in an error after a while, so I've gone back to 20150223 for now. Last night while running 20150227, we tried refueling and it didn't seem to work and then the server crashed while I was typing a command in YSF.

2. What and how should the client be used? We've talked a lot about the server, but not much on the client side. Do people logging into an OYS server need to run the client to get the distance lag corrections and make use of the features like refueling? As stated above, in version 20150227 we didn't seem to have any luck with refueling (I used the proper command and it said I was ready to give fuel), and there was a lot of rubberbanding going on with only two of us online.

EDIT: We got back on and successfully traded fuel. Great feature!
Last edited by Neocon on Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:45 am

Patrick31337 wrote:there was a lot of rubberbanding going on with only two of us online.
That was an issue on my end, my father was hogging bandwidth while downloading some stuff.

Yeah but the client. Is it required?

Volkov
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-21, MiG-29, Su-27, Su-35, Su-37

Post by Volkov » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:08 pm

OfficerFlake, Would you be able to add changes for aricrafts weapons, like different range and manobrability for missiles for each kind of aircraft and dispersion for unguied weapons, or you wouldn't be able to change it in server?
"Did you know... there are three kinds of aces? Those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can read the tide of battle. Those were the three. And him? He was a true ace."
―Solo-Wing Pixy

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:44 pm

Not possible. Sorry!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:43 am

~Website now operational: openys.ysfhq.com
~Intend to add previous versions to website in a table, soon maybe?

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:01 am

:cry:

Code: Select all

================================================================================

2015/03/03 21:38:11: OpenYS Has encountered an error

2015/03/03 21:38:11: Thus, client [NCA]Patrick has been disconnected.

2015/03/03 21:38:11: 

2015/03/03 21:38:11: MESSAGE:    
    Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

2015/03/03 21:38:11: METHOD:     
    Boolean MoveNextRare()

2015/03/03 21:38:11: STACKTRACE: 
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
    System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext()
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    OpenYS.OpenYS.Server.get_AllClients()
    OpenYS.OpenYS.Client._YSFClient.Handle_11_FlightData(GenericPacket InPacket)
    OpenYS.OpenYS.Client._YSFClient.Handle(GenericPacket InPacket)

2015/03/03 21:38:11: ================================================================================
At least I had already landed and parked.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:45 pm

These problems will be solved soon - should be minor fixed. Sit tight, I need to organise my projects first! ;)

Installer is 50% of the way done - interface is now ready with working left/right buttons and fading of content appropriately as well.

The idea is I create all the different forms and on the final form is an install button that will complete the process! (will have dialouge boxes like ysf install location, etc.) OYS needs a more professional installer setup if I am to achieve the things I wish to achieve with the program!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: [PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Post by Flake » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:12 am

Okay nearly done with the installer program!

I just need to add the actual install process now, and then a confirmation message and then we are done!

For your viewing pleasure: (No owl and wizard shenanigans today.)
EDIT: Just got the extraction process to do now and the error handling.

Going to pack the installer into the OYS project solution as well, and I'll also develop a "build release" project as well that will automatically pack the entire project ready for release - no folder copying problems, no bullcrap. Just all ready to update pronto! I develop, when done, I run the releaser, and it will automatically upload to mediafire, update the version number, update the download link on the website, etc. It'll be sooooo handy.
Last edited by Flake on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:01 am

Worked out how to use Class Libraries properly now for OYS - restructuring the entire project now. It's a big job but it needs to be done.

The huge payoff is that spin-off projects will be very easy to implement - just reference the individual libraries you wish to use - no need to make the code "compatable".

For example, you could write a simple c# app that references YSF_Packets to get all the YSF_Packet framework ready to use.

It's working well so far.

---

Fixed a bug when leaving flights - now Type 12 and 13 were around the wrong way and 12 was assumed to create 13. this is not the case...

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:50 am

After re-formatting like 90% of the code, that's now mostly done.

Still have a bit of work to do regarding compatability now though.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:51 am

Good work on OYS today.

Client is working as it should again.

Schedulers and Sequencers have improvements made - Schedulers will only load if they will occur in the next 15 minutes. The 10 minute interval tick will reload schedulers as required.

Sequencers will not restart automatically anymore, without the command /Restart.Scheduler at the end. This is not recognised as an internal OYS command... no effect! I will change it to a dummy command in future...

EDIT:

Also, OYS now has a background scheduler object - no more "/sleep" from console.
connection/disconnection method cleaned up a lot.
Thread creation should be more stable and less prone to crashes. (Thread start errors...)

More to come!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:06 am

Server is now implemented.

OYS is back to where it was before the restructure less minor stability fixes...

From what I've seen, it is faster in some areas too...

...So what now?

1. I work on logically re-arranging everything into the right subprojects (changing variable names across the entire project... not a big deal actually.)
2. (Re-)write the settings handler to have settings loading code all in the one location - settings file access on the fly will be deprecated.
3. Then I build a project releaser which will assign a new version number and automatically pack the project for release and upload to openys.ysfhq.com
4. I update the vehicle class to signal events when conditions are met. This will be the precursor to the more intricate CLA Event (us dnm CLA's to control events like refueling, for example... anything actually!)