[PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Re: [PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Post by u2fly » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:50 am

OfficerFlake wrote:u2 that does interest me but that will probably be when OYS SERVER is done and I start working on a client for all users to use.
I found some interesting opensource example, that can be used for OpenYS client application:
Sources - https://github.com/ajbeach2/Flight
Video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X8DFgjuD4DI
------------
Here is another one
https://github.com/opdante/OpenGL-flight-simulator
------------
Also here is good site with lessons step-by-step how build OpenGL flight simulator
http://www.spacesimulator.net/tutorials/index.html
/!\ READ YSFLIGHT HANDBOOK (online + PDF) | updated 2019/04/25

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:
“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost - we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”
http://pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV
(31 DEC 2016)

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:33 am

Now Updated to Version 20151227(1640)[TEST]

Changes:
+DLL loading is now different and should get around the glitch with .Net 4.0 and "Sandboxing".
+Major work on Racing - See the new commands for help!
+Worked on the descriptions and usages of commands - now follows standardised format. Should hopefully be a little less confusing.
-Removed Nukes

Notes:
~Racing has been tested pretty thoroughly. Included in this pack is a replacement for PhillipIsland_7.fld, which has a map path already defined for use. My best time is a 01:26.383! Can you beat it? I'll leave my server up for you all to race on!
~Better make sure this version works for the rest of you at least before I finish up Racing and push an update!

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?trgtprg9ij93rfx

I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:09 am

Things I noticed:
1. No countdown, so the race starts without warning. There should be a 3...2...1...START! countdown or something.

2. There is no indication when passing a waypoint. Before it gave the time for each waypoint as they were reached.

3. It relies on the server operator to start the race. I suppose it could be set up so that a race starts every few minutes using the sequencer. I might play with that tomorrow.

4. There was an error. My car crashed during a wide turn and I couldn't use the /resume command, and it gave an error.
ErrorLogs.zip
Error Logs
(1.14 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:45 am

Patrick31337 wrote:Things I noticed:
1. No countdown, so the race starts without warning. There should be a 3...2...1...START! countdown or something.
Countdown happens in RACE mode, not in TimeTrial. I figured for a time trial you'd just want to get on with it.
Patrick31337 wrote: 2. There is no indication when passing a waypoint. Before it gave the time for each waypoint as they were reached.
This should happen - did you /JoinRace? - I've had this happen without fail repeatedly.
Patrick31337 wrote: 3. It relies on the server operator to start the race.
Actually, just relies on the person who made the race to start it.
Patrick31337 wrote: 4. There was an error. My car crashed during a wide turn and I couldn't use the /resume command, and it gave an error.
Resume takes the last flightdata packet received and spawn a new flight in that configuration. It doesn't work for the purpose of air-crash recovery because the last flight data packet was "you're crashed in a smouldering fireball".
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Post by Dragon_Mech » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:51 am

OfficerFlake wrote:Included in this pack is a replacement for PhillipIsland_7.fld
would you mind releasing the full map the public Flake. i'd like to try my hand at it.
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:18 am

I'm running the Arizona map for the next few days, so I added a race path to Groom Lake, which starts at the start positions (4 of them) and goes down the edge of the apron to the short runway, crosses over to the main active runway, then comes back across using the taxiway. Just lots of left turns. I tried a 1-lap race and it seemed to work.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:35 am

Dragon_Mech wrote:would you mind releasing the full map the public Flake.
Here yo go dawg. https://www.mediafire.com/?be94zcag97v0w5z

That's the full Phillip Island show pack... Sorry, Phillip Island wasn't released as a stand alone map! I'll do some more work on the field and then release stand alone maybe? ;)

Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Post by Dragon_Mech » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:51 am

OfficerFlake wrote:That's the full Phillip Island show pack... Sorry, Phillip Island wasn't released as a stand alone map! I'll do some more work on the field and then release stand alone maybe? ;)
Sweet. thanks 8-)
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries

plunderbird
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F5 A10 SR71

Post by plunderbird » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:08 pm

Any chance that when this is done, it will be available for download, for general use. I. E. not having to rely on a server? Also any way of downloading, other than mediafire?
Fliped out of the arena, again! :(

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:28 pm

The waypoints for the race don't show up on radar, so I keep getting lost because I miss it and don't know where to go back to hit it.

Also, a major problem is that once the race has been prestarted, you can't unprestart it so someone can join it. The result is that if I forget to start it before I prestart it, it's a zombie race for all time until I close the server and reopen it. That can't be healthy.

EDIT: Despite my difficulties, I like the racing system enough to host a race event on my server. haha Of course, it will be way too early (or late?) for you to join, OfficerFlake.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:11 am

plunderbird wrote:Any chance that when this is done, it will be available for download, for general use. I. E. not having to rely on a server?
Unfortunately not, as YSF is closed source I have to make the extended functions only on the parts of the program I can modify in real time - and the only thing that can be changed is the flight data between a server and a client for at this point it is officially "out of the program" and free to be modified.
plunderbird wrote:Also any way of downloading, other than mediafire?
I am interested in other hosts. If there was a site where I could just programatically pass the filename of the OYS zip file, then I could add that to the packaging program and it would actually make my life easier. That said, I NEED the site to keep my files indefinitely and Mediafire does that. Also MF is used by many modders here as well so it seems the standard platform of choice. I've considered Google Drive or SkyDrive but both of those take a long time to upload and the process is a pain...
Patrick31337 wrote:The waypoints for the race don't show up on radar
True. But I've just had an idea, see below...
Patrick31337 wrote:once the race has been prestarted, you can't unprestart it so someone can join it.
Good point! I might even change it to be "Started" or "Not Started" and seperately "Locked" and "Unlocked". This way racers can join races late if you want to leave the race open. Programatically it won't be a problem as Racing isn't too sensitive to issues like this!
Patrick31337 wrote:it's a zombie race for all time until I close the server and reopen it
I intend on finishing this up soon. Dead races with no occupants > 2min will be culled from the server. Finished races (after the first person crosses the line) will finish after 2 * fastest lap time set and be removed. When a restart occurs, the races list should be cleared and reset, so I'll do that too. Time trials require the argument of mapname only but optionally accepts end time. I'll remove TT's after 2min of inactivity as well, but also TT's can be scheduled to end after a certain ammount of time, so I'll do that too.

---

Finally, my brilliant idea I just had.

Those following would note I can't "delete" a ground object yet. but I can move them around. Why don't I move the ones I don't need to somwhere like 247,000,000,000 meters away from center. This would be effectively "deleting" it as you can't really even fly out this far - you will crash before you make it out here. Programatically YSF would keep the ground object in it's grounds list, so to restore, I just move it back to where it belongs.

With this I can create marker objects now to show where the next checkpoint is! I will aim to implement soon - it is a large addition!

plunderbird
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F5 A10 SR71

Post by plunderbird » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:53 pm

Officer Flake.. Thanks for that info. Just have to stick with normal YSF then.
Fliped out of the arena, again! :(

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:59 am

OfficerFlake wrote:/Firework X Z H S

X => X position along the ground in meters to launch from.
Z => Z position along the ground in meters to launch from.
H => How high the firework will explode, in meters.
S => The size of the resultant firework starburst.
I used the example fireworks sequencer to try to make them appear at Area 51, and I made sure in scenery editor that I had the right coordinates, but it doesn't want to work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Attachments
Sequencer_FireworksDemo.zip
Here's what I did.
(833 Bytes) Downloaded 54 times

C P
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18E SuperHornet

Post by C P » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:17 pm

Patrick31337 wrote:I used the example fireworks sequencer to try to make them appear at Area 51, and I made sure in scenery editor that I had the right coordinates, but it doesn't want to work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments
Patrick:
I took your program and interjected some of my HNL coordinates and it works fine! Nice job!
I think the problem is in your third coordinate (height) being too low. Try >1000.
Anyway it's running on my server in the HNL opening harbor area.
(YOUR coordinates on the Hawaii map put them in the way out upper North corner ...lol.
I didn't try it on the area 51 map yet.
Sri if I stepped on your toes Flake :)

V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 787

Post by V8-DLA » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:25 pm

can this work for mac os x.
Currently inactive,may return soon.

C P
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18E SuperHornet

Post by C P » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:23 pm

@Patrick:
Here is a block of my location code for HNL stock:
/Firework -46717 -2435 1000 400
/Firework -46517 -2935 7000 200
/Firework -46617 -2635 3000 300
/Firework -46217 -2235 6000 600
/Firework -46817 -2835 4500 500
/Firework -46417 -2535 8000 700
/Firework -46917 -2435 3000 400
Good Luck!
C P

V8-DLA better check wid Flake on that ...

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:55 am

Sadly no V8. It relies on a lot of Windows libraries as part of C#.

One day I will be good at c++, and will be able to port to Linux,OSX,Microwave oven, But it is not this day.

u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by u2fly » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:35 am

OfficerFlake wrote:Sadly no V8. It relies on a lot of Windows libraries as part of C#.

One day I will be good at c++, and will be able to port to Linux,OSX,Microwave oven, But it is not this day.
Take this
1) .Net to VB.Net http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/310 ... Conversion
2) VB.Net to C++ http://www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.co ... tails.html
3) http://www.google.com/search?q=convert% ... 1%81%D0%BA

“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost - we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”
(31 DEC 2016)

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:15 am

Option 2 costs $129 for anything more than 1000 lines.

Nice try but no.

EDIT: Besides, let's say I convert the entire project... How do I add anything without a language mastery?

At this stage I wish to point out anyone wanting to port the project to another language is free to download the source code and give it a try themselves, after all, this is WHY the project is open source - so other people can mod and work on it if they want to. :roll:

u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by u2fly » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:27 am

OfficerFlake,
Why you do not make a mirror on github (bitbucket or else)?
It will be usefull for other programmers, while mediafire not good place for opensource collaborating.

(31 DEC 2016)