[PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:51 am

Jetskit flew from Hawaii to Washington today without being kicked, so that is an improvement. Something we noticed (he pointed it out, but I had seen it, too) was that his name is posted as "Jets)it" with the k replaced with a ). The k in my name was fine, so I don't know what that is about. Even when I had three of us logged in the memory use was reasonable, and better by far than the stock console server.

NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:10 am

Patrick31337 wrote:Jetskit flew from Hawaii to Washington today without being kicked, so that is an improvement. Something we noticed (he pointed it out, but I had seen it, too) was that his name is posted as "Jets)it" with the k replaced with a ). The k in my name was fine, so I don't know what that is about. Even when I had three of us logged in the memory use was reasonable, and better by far than the stock console server.
That's because he's using a version of YS prior to the 2013 version, when there wasn't support for long names. My username would also be cut to [VFA-49]NightRa)en, which is annoying. But Flake said he would be working on a workaround for that.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:02 am

Yes.

Let me explain:

Usernames > 15 chars in earlier then 2014 YS Test were truncated in the login data packet. The login data packet is 16 chars of username, the version number of the client, and then, from this test forwards, the full username.

I can't get the full username from old clients!

So your username, if over 15 chars, is cut at the wrong point! (Eg: asdf1234asdf1234USERNAME would show up just as asdf1234asdf1234 in the login packet for the old versions - it's too long and I don't know it!

My work around is to ask you type a phrase and then edit the message and work out your username from that (if using an old YSF and username is > 15 chars).

Not yet implemented but I can do that!

Honestly, if you could all start using 2015 YS+ it would be so much easier...
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:18 am

Meanwhile on the OYS Server!

OYS can now load and play YSFlight Replays. It's not perfect yet - the Roll rates aren't used so every change in direction is all "blocky".

Also I need to make a change to the way data is SENT on sockets - currently data from one client to another, is sent on the same thread, which lags. I can't make multiple threads, because that locks up the system. But if I defer the sending to the clients OWN thread, then if the client is laggy, that's his problem and everyone else get's the packets on time without waiting on the other guy - very important!

Subtle change, but big performance increase, especially with more then one player on the server.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:51 am

I logged into my server tonight while Turbofan was in the air. I didn't see lag. The current version of OYS seems to be running smoothly.

C P
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18E SuperHornet

Post by C P » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:15 pm

[ref]OfficerFlake[/ref],
Flake, you're a God dam Genious!
Still couldn't get your latest version to run, but having fun with older 227 ver.
Forgot to go to sleep playing with all the features when someone logs on!
Only one big improvement I could use:
Client controlled or Auto functions for unattended op.

You obviously will have a successful career as a Gamemaker!
Tnx again

C P

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:26 pm

Someone logged in a couple nights ago and for some reason OYS gave him "superuser" powers. His IP started with a combination of 1, 2, and 7, but was not 127.

It would be nice if we could give a password command so clients can type in "/password xxxxxxxx" (xxxxxxxx = the server password) and OYS recognizes them as superusers.

C P
Contributor
Contributor

Post by C P » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Patrick31337 wrote:[post]89109[/post] It would be nice if we could give a password command so clients can type in "/password xxxxxxxx" (xxxxxxxx = the server password) and OYS recognizes them as superusers.
Amen bro

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:41 pm

Patrick31337 wrote:Someone logged in a couple nights ago and for some reason OYS gave him "superuser" powers. His IP started with a combination of 1, 2, and 7, but was not 127.
Can you send me the relevent part of the console log? I need to know the exact IP so I can emulate this. :)

I am really reluctant to use a password system as this opens the server up to abuse... but I suppose I could add this feature so that other players across the world can admin the server. It's your server after all. Just be careful with the password!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: [PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Post by Flake » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:49 pm

Now Updated to Version 20150802(2230)

Changes:
+Restructured the sending structure of the program so that packets are sent on the own clients thread only, this will help eliminate the lag from other clients (so laggy users only really affect themselves).
+Can now load and play replays stored in the replays folder - see the help commands on that one. SUPPORTS SMOKE.
~Replays are a bit blocky. I need to do a bit of hard maths to work out the rate of change of orientation angles... watch this space.
+Fix for 20110207 YSFlight and prior - now if you have a long username from this version, OYS will ask you to confirm your name. Follow it's instructions carefully!
-Removed Nukes

Notes:

~The server should now be very stable. In a test with one other user on my PC, the lag between OYS and YSF was almost unidentifiable. I would appreciate a major multiplayer test on the Civ Aviation server that patrick runs as many of you use this server, it's a very good feedback source.
~YES, I have been getting bug reports for OYS 20150207 or whatever old version it is... please update if you can, if you can't show me the errors and I'll try and fix for you!
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?w9rrc7j8hm90r5f

Last edited by Flake on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:10 pm

C P wrote:
OfficerFlake wrote:[post]88871[/post] let me know how your server experience goes!
Won't start server for me here. Says need to enable LoadFromRemoteSourcesSwitch in .NET?
Old version starts fine 201550227(1339).
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8268 ... y-loadfrom

^^ This article says it's because windows security hates you. ("Unblock" all your dll's and the program should work again).

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:11 pm

Bombcat wrote:Flake, I received the following error when trying to run the latest update of OYS on a server running Windows Server 2012 R2. I was using the latest official 2015 release of YSFlight.

You have the same issue as CP. Try the solution I just posted and see if it helps.

I'll try and work out why OYS is doing this but I think it is a personal PC problem... :/

Bombcat
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-14D Tomcat

Post by Bombcat » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:23 pm

Thanks Flake, that fixed the issue.

For additional information, I was able to replicate the problem on both the 2012 r2 server and a personal Windows 7 Home Premium PC, so if it is particular to the computer, it may be widespread. The fix listed worked on both computers with your latest release of OpenYS.
[CAG171]Bombcat, Commander, Air Wing 171
Team Awesome # 23
YSFHQ administrator.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:14 pm

Sometimes I get a message saying OYS has closed, but it is still running. When I click Close, it closes OYS. It doesn't say what the problem is, so I looked it up. Still on Vista with up-to-date service pack and all updates installed.

Code: Select all

Product
ConsoleApplication1

Problem
Stopped working

Date
8/2/2015 4:04 PM

Status
Report Sent

Description
Stopped working

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01:	OpenYS-ServerMode.exe
Problem Signature 02:	1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03:	55b47e44
Problem Signature 04:	mscorlib
Problem Signature 05:	4.0.30319.34209
Problem Signature 06:	53489fcf
Problem Signature 07:	229a
Problem Signature 08:	39
Problem Signature 09:	System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version:	6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID:	1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:	32605961

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:38 am

I am not sure of that one... I've done some looking around and it looks like a .Net install issue, but it really could be anything!

How frequently does that happen for you.

---

the new serverlist name is serverlist_bot so I added that to the bot's list - you shouldn't see any more bot list spam in the next version.

The current version should have fixed the list_user issue where schedualer and console were included, bumping the user count up to 2 when it was in fact 0.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:08 am

It happens pretty much every day, but I've not seen any pattern to what causes it. The server continues to run just fine until I click the "close" button, then it closes.

C P
Contributor
Contributor

Post by C P » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:18 pm

OfficerFlake wrote:[post]89139[/post] You have the same issue as CP. Try the solution I just posted and see if it helps.
You da man Flake!
New version on Win8 OK.
TNX,
C P
...oh, mine used to do that thing Patrick is saying too...will keep an eye out ;)

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:03 pm

I've found an amazingly good way of debugging.

the VS2012 debugger will show me first chance exceptions, even if I do resolve them myself. I can force the debugger to break at the first chance exceptions though, so I can find out exactly when and where they happen.

I fixed a bug today with packet sending not checking if the socket is closed or not, resulting in object disposed exceptions and erratic behaviour using this method - a long standing issue for the last forseeable ages...

I've also noticed a critical flaw with OYS - when I send data, I send one packet at a time, syncronously... so when I have a batch of data to be sent at once, what happens is the data sort of bottle necks - in the literal sense of what a bottle neck is. lots of data trying to squeeze through a pipe.

I'm in over my head - I'm going to the experts at stack exchange. I hope someone can help me!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:57 am

I've had the error twice today. Both times happened during a serverlist_bot login attempt.

C P
Contributor
Contributor

Post by C P » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:33 am

OfficerFlake wrote:[post]89171[/post] the data sort of bottle necks
On the server end you can tell a bottle neck or lock-up condition is coming when it starts the x1 x2 dance ...lol.
It begins sending more x1 x2 pairs when you have too many maps, ground objects and planes loaded.
(You can simulate this by holding down the R key.)
The server/client log-in handshake time period prevents newer log-ins from getting on.
(The bots and queries can get jammed-up too. Just watch the console server screen.)
Or just log-in about 20 times sequentially. That'll show ya!
CP voodomiester