[PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
Neil
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Harrier GR9

Post by Neil » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:51 pm

All works well on my end, no crash upon startup.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Sorry, I should have told you that earlier. It's Windows Vista 64-bit.
ccss.png
ccss.png (2.54 KiB) Viewed 1796 times
I'm going to try cleaning things up a little and see what happens.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:12 pm

Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

You do have .net 4.0 installed right? I think that would explain... I tried to run compatability mode vista sp2 and had no issues but I sort of can't "uninstall" .net 4.0 and see what happens as it comes bundled with win 7 anyway.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:32 pm

I ran the installer from Microsoft and it said the same version is already installed, so I do have it already. I've not got a clue what is wrong, since I don't know anything about programming. I wish I knew more so I could try things without asking questions.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:15 am

Flight data packets fully mapped out, just need to solve a few bugs in writing to the packet and it'll be done.

Interesting data on the end though ... I wonder what it is. EC on the end of type 5, 9D on the end of type 4. 9D is -63 which would mean -100% of something, but I wonder what... I've tested all the CLA's - perhaps it has something to do with ground objects. It's not written down in the flight data Soji gave me so I guess it's redundant. In any case it has no effect thus far so I'm not concerned.

I'm sorta stumped by something too. YS ww3 server could detect if you used autopilot of not but looking at the network packets so far I'm not finding anything to indicate this. I'll have to look a little closer later. It's a non-issue at the moment but I'd just like to know... ya know?
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:55 am

Patrick - have you modified your windows services per chance? If you've disabled services that would affect the program in regards to system interaction.

There could also be a problem with drivers - particularly the motherboard drivers or chipset - it's a long shot but if your system doesn't support HPET (High Precision Event Timers) that could be a problem too as my program depends entirely on events and date-time calls.

I recommend slimdrivers - that'll help you out driver-wise and if there is something reaking havock on your services I'd look into that as well (I think it's services.msc in the windows run dialog?). Also check bios and see if HPET is turned on. It's a real long shot but if you really want this to work, try that.

My advice personally is just upgrade to win 7 - it's an all round far better OS than vista - the best Microsoft have ever made. If that doesn't solve your problems I don't know what will.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:28 pm

Flight data is now being fully read.
Vehicle core now added to the program.
/GetID and /Form ID commands added to the program.
Vehicles are updated from entityjoin packets and flight data packets
Ready to add the first custom packet - Type 99:1 -> Formation Flight Data.
Will do the formation without matrix rotation first, just to confirm it works. without matrix rotation the aircraft can lag around a little bit in the formation when the leader changes direction (very minor effect).

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:52 am

The very first ever distance lag solution is soluted - it works beautifully! :D

Video to come.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: [PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Post by Flake » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:40 am

Last edited by Flake on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:56 am

At this point I'm hoping your next release version magically works on my computer. :?

decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:35 am

About 1/2 way thru, did the airplanes suddenly switch sides, or was that just a camera change? I watched that like 5 times and I still cannot tell. :?
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Civilian Aviation Server Flight Log

Doomsday
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: PEW PEW PEW PEW

Post by Doomsday » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:43 am

He switched camera position from the plane on the right to the one on the left.
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Team Awesome# 131

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:14 am

It was a camera change.

DD-Destroyer
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: FA-50 Golden Eagle

Post by DD-Destroyer » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:16 am

Nice works Flake!! Now we have ways

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:31 am

Just got done finishing up the formation packet to support animations and etc. too.

I just need to use my framework now to make a formation client and than we should be golden.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:57 am

Bzzt - roadblock. Seems YSF server will disconnect a client if it get's a packet of type 99. This is a problem because it means I have to come up with a new "extended possibilities" handshake method. I might use type 6 - Acknowledge with data 99 - That never caused issues in the past.

I can still use type 99 between the OpenYS supported servers and clients but I just need to change that handshake is all.

Also a few more little problems to iron out in the client - namely that when a client dc's it locks up the server and flight joins are impossible etc. etc. I'm only like halfway done anyway. Once that's sorted out I can then start the anti-distance lag tests.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:09 am

A few minor changes to the program:

-Custom packet is now 64 - YSFlight doesn't seem to have a problem with this. It IS one of Soji's reserved packets but I don't see him using it anytime soon.
-Handshake for server and client working as intended.
-Disconnecting clients now have all their subscribed response listeners killed.
-Console now locks each thread that writes to the console while the console writes that threads request. This means that messages from the same thread can't get jumbed out of order anymore (eg: X logging in, X joined the server rather that what it should have been: X joined the server, x logging in...)

I need to catch aircraft removals now and then just sort out a few messages and formatting for the client and then I can start testing the client/server together.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:29 pm

Okay Client and Server tested and are working together as expected - formation flight data working as intended.

Need to edit the client a bit to allow for changing of host IP address and port, plus changing the messages out to suit the purpose of the program.

The plus side is I've built the client and server in the same source code so It's just a matter or flicking a switch in the build and the client and server should constantly update together! ;)

That update should be with you tomorrow and you can start testing the first version of a YSFlight Distance Lag Solution.

iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Post by iqmal_97 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:15 pm

OfficerFlake wrote:[post]83610[/post] That update should be with you tomorrow and you can start testing the first version of a YSFlight Distance Lag Solution.
I vote Flake to be christened with the title "YS Overlord" with blessings granted straight from Soji-sama himself.
We should all welcome our new YS Overlord.

But seriously though, Flake, f****** A, man.
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)

Kujo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon

Post by Kujo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:49 pm

Yes, finally! We can finally say no to distance lag. Every YS server should run on this now. :D