YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
Post Reply
User avatar
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:40 pm
Favorite Aircraft: All
Location: India
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Contact:

YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by AdityaB » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:34 am

well, here it is .......... :)

although, it looks awesome and "seems" like it works
:? but i do not get head and tail of it.............and did not work here :?

the program is unfinished (mentioned in the readme file).

i believe we need to create/edit the *.point *.line *.dash *.par to get it to work
radar.png
radar(point line dash are readed).png
credits to minmin(?) who developed this:
YSATC2.zip
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
:oops: sorry that i dont recollect the whos and wheres :oops:

I dont remember where i downloaded it from :(

if anyone has the knowabouts about this great little program, please share :)
if anyone knows the whereabouts about this great little program, please share :)
The Readme file wrote:The administrator is minmin.
who? :?

Thank you :)

EDIT: everything about it available at http://www41.atwiki.jp/ysflight/pages/31.html
Thanks @MrFunnybone :)

EDIT:
Instructions:

altough others have already used it, here is instructions for newbies/non-users :) :

1) I downloaded serverATC

2) Unzipped [of course :lol: ]

3) opened YSFS, made a server (i took WEST_JAPAN to test)

4) then opened/ran the .py file, entered values

5) waited for a while, and voila!

6) opened client version-YSATC2 from here

7) entered IP address :)

8) Radar settings>read.point file>*selects the file*

9) Power>Radar On

10) remember! if you want another file/range to be set/reset....you will have to set, close the radar and do Power>Radar On again :)

11) after researching more with west_japan.point:

1) Right clicking makes the "point" on the radar disappear.... Awesome! :mrgreen:

2) alt + left click on any place in the radar, moves the focus point

Thanks @Midnight Rambler
Credits for software @YSF 2ch
Last edited by AdityaB on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Please note that I do not mean any kind of offence in any of my posts
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
:) :) :)
*temporarily unavailable further details

User avatar
MrFunnybone
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 11:22 pm
Favorite Aircraft: UFO
Location: Northern California
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by MrFunnybone » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:51 am

I remember this program, http://www41.atwiki.jp/ysflight/pages/31.html is where it is from. use google translate on the link

User avatar
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:40 pm
Favorite Aircraft: All
Location: India
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Contact:

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by AdityaB » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:14 am

MrFunnybone wrote:I remember this program, http://www41.atwiki.jp/ysflight/pages/31.html is where it is from. use google translate on the link
Hey........Thanks a lllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttt :)

now to get working :)
ima gonna test my Chandigarh map first :mrgreen:
i had loaded a .yfs file into it :)

the transliterated page is quite amusing :? ............. still giving it a try :)

updating my first post

Thanks a ton again :)

------------------------------------------

well, the default files in the .zip is not working on the server i ran from my computer

so, creating new files for chandigarh
YSF 2ch wrote:..............
dotted line / straight line (X1, Z1) (X2, Z2) the arguments you want if
Airport Name ¥ X1 coordinates: Z1 coordinate : X2 coordinates: Z2 coordinates (newline)
example: RJOO 32L LLZ ¥ -5.66: 354.17 : 21207.64344: 21567.37344 .................
what is this x2 and z2 co-ordinates? :?

anyone else also trying to get this up and going?

Thanks a lot :)
Please note that I do not mean any kind of offence in any of my posts
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
:) :) :)
*temporarily unavailable further details

User avatar
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 920
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:01 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5
Has thanked: 512 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:59 pm

Due to a reprisal in interest in this program, we (Grun) may seek making .point, .line, .par and .dash files for PMNV/GRUN Japan Extended. However - AFAIK, line and dash file info isn't detailed, so I'm doubtful.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Image
Yes, GrunSol is still around, Yes, I'm Still alive. Any other Questions?

User avatar
NajmiCreative
Modding Team
Modding Team
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:14 am
Favorite Aircraft: MiG-29N,SU-30 MKM
Location: Shah Alam,Selangor,Malaysia
OS: Windows 10 Home
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 470 times
Contact:

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by NajmiCreative » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:29 pm

I guess YSATC2 is actually the old YSRadar and I believe you have the client version,I guess :? and there's also server version for YSRadar
anyway,let's us to be wait for long time as few people in the community also made some progress on bringing back YSRadar with some new details that still on their own discretion.[1][2]
My official website
My Twitter NOTE:All my rework model are allowed for repaint and need to credit on publish..no need to PM me anymore
for modifications on my mods,please PM me first,and credit me and original creator(if my work were rework)
[/size]

User avatar
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:49 pm
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
OS: Windows 10/Gentoo
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by Barr » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:57 pm

To use it you need the server .exe to be running and connected to the server otherwise the client won't be able to read anything

Nodoka Hanamura wrote:Due to a reprisal in interest in this program, we (Grun) may seek making .point, .line, .par and .dash files for PMNV/GRUN Japan Extended. However - AFAIK, line and dash file info isn't detailed, so I'm doubtful.
I know the client version comes with west japan point, dash and line files
Image
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

User avatar
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:40 pm
Favorite Aircraft: All
Location: India
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Contact:

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by AdityaB » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:41 am

YSF 2ch wrote:..............
dotted line / straight line (X1, Z1) (X2, Z2) the arguments you want if
Airport Name ¥ X1 coordinates: Z1 coordinate : X2 coordinates: Z2 coordinates (newline)
example: RJOO 32L LLZ ¥ -5.66: 354.17 : 21207.64344: 21567.37344 .................
what is this x2 and z2 co-ordinates? :?

anyone else also trying to get this up and going?

Thanks a lot :)
Please note that I do not mean any kind of offence in any of my posts
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
:) :) :)
*temporarily unavailable further details

User avatar
Midnight Rambler
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Posts: 2110
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:08 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16
Location: Australia
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by Midnight Rambler » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:20 am

Ok so to get it up and working you need a server running the server version of YSRadar. 42South used to run it but no one ever used it. If the server isn't running it, with the correct ports open, then the client won't work.

Second - you need the correct files for the server map. These files allow the client to see the airports on the radar. here is a link for some stock maps.
AdityaB wrote:
YSF 2ch wrote:..............
dotted line / straight line (X1, Z1) (X2, Z2) the arguments you want if
Airport Name ¥ X1 coordinates: Z1 coordinate : X2 coordinates: Z2 coordinates (newline)
example: RJOO 32L LLZ ¥ -5.66: 354.17 : 21207.64344: 21567.37344 .................
what is this x2 and z2 co-ordinates? :?

anyone else also trying to get this up and going?

Thanks a lot :)
No idea to be honest. Try looking at the stock files and see if you can figure it out.
Image

User avatar
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:40 pm
Favorite Aircraft: All
Location: India
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Contact:

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by AdityaB » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:56 am

Midnight Rambler wrote:Ok so to get it up and working you need a server running the server version of YSRadar. 42South used to run it but no one ever used it. If the server isn't running it, with the correct ports open, then the client won't work.
oh ok, :) noted :)

but,
Midnight Rambler wrote:Ok so to get it up and working you need a server running the server version of YSRadar.
do you have it? where can we get it? :?
Thanks :)
Midnight Rambler wrote: Second - you need the correct files for the server map. These files allow the client to see the airports on the radar. here is a link for some stock maps.
wow, cool :) will check out :)
Midnight Rambler wrote:
AdityaB wrote:
YSF 2ch wrote:..............
dotted line / straight line (X1, Z1) (X2, Z2) the arguments you want if
Airport Name ¥ X1 coordinates: Z1 coordinate : X2 coordinates: Z2 coordinates (newline)
example: RJOO 32L LLZ ¥ -5.66: 354.17 : 21207.64344: 21567.37344 .................
what is this x2 and z2 co-ordinates? :?

anyone else also trying to get this up and going?

Thanks a lot :)
No idea to be honest. Try looking at the stock files and see if you can figure it out.
well, did but ...... um....no idea, what it is :)
.............but will 'research' again using the zip file of the YSR files you had hyperlinked... :)
Please note that I do not mean any kind of offence in any of my posts
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
:) :) :)
*temporarily unavailable further details

User avatar
Midnight Rambler
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Posts: 2110
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:08 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16
Location: Australia
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by Midnight Rambler » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:12 am

No problem, glad I could help.

Try using this link for the server version. I'm pretty sure I as using this on the server: viewtopic.php?f=236&t=1428
Image

User avatar
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:40 pm
Favorite Aircraft: All
Location: India
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Contact:

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by AdityaB » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:52 am

Midnight Rambler wrote:No problem, glad I could help.

Try using this link for the server version. I'm pretty sure I as using this on the server: viewtopic.php?f=236&t=1428
oh thats the server?

hmmm..........
as i type, i think i figured it out......

i run a server on YS, then open the python file, and enter stuff?

hmmmm...checking

UPDATE 1: yes, that is how it is! :mrgreen:

1 open YSFS
2 then open serverATC python file, enter values

but then........how is the client side operated?

hmmmm...checking

UPDATE 2: the client side says "connection error." after i entered the server ip address

am i missing something on the server side?
Please note that I do not mean any kind of offence in any of my posts
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
:) :) :)
*temporarily unavailable further details

User avatar
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 920
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:01 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5
Has thanked: 512 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:51 am

BARRACUZ wrote:To use it you need the server .exe to be running and connected to the server otherwise the client won't be able to read anything

Nodoka Hanamura wrote:Due to a reprisal in interest in this program, we (Grun) may seek making .point, .line, .par and .dash files for PMNV/GRUN Japan Extended. However - AFAIK, line and dash file info isn't detailed, so I'm doubtful.
I know the client version comes with west japan point, dash and line files
Okay - We *MIGHT* be able to use those with southern Japan (Miyazaki, Osaka, Kumamoto), and might be able to use those files to figure out what those line and dash files pertain to.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Image
Yes, GrunSol is still around, Yes, I'm Still alive. Any other Questions?

User avatar
Zack
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:34 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon
Location: Northern California/Bay Area
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 155 times

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by Zack » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:55 am

Ooo i remembers dis
Image

User avatar
Midnight Rambler
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Posts: 2110
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:08 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16
Location: Australia
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by Midnight Rambler » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:09 am

AdityaB wrote:
Midnight Rambler wrote:No problem, glad I could help.

Try using this link for the server version. I'm pretty sure I as using this on the server: viewtopic.php?f=236&t=1428
oh thats the server?

hmmm..........
as i type, i think i figured it out......

i run a server on YS, then open the python file, and enter stuff?

hmmmm...checking

UPDATE 1: yes, that is how it is! :mrgreen:

1 open YSFS
2 then open serverATC python file, enter values

but then........how is the client side operated?

hmmmm...checking

UPDATE 2: the client side says "connection error." after i entered the server ip address

am i missing something on the server side?
There are two different methods: using the .exe for windows - http://marcjeanmougin.free.fr/ys_server ... _radar.zip or the python method you are using.

I managed to get it working on my computer and had tracking while flying. So you need to run the YSF server first, run the YSRadar server, you should see the YSR server connect to your YSF server and download the aircraft list. Once fully connected, run the YSR client. In the server IP address put the IP as 127.0.0.1 and connect, it should work.

Start flying and run the radar. I was using hawaii so I loaded the hawaii .point file and it downloaded the coordinates of the major airports onto the radar, the arrow is me flying with YSF in the background over Honolulu.
Untitled.png
YSRadar over Honolulu
Image

User avatar
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:40 pm
Favorite Aircraft: All
Location: India
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Contact:

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by AdityaB » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:52 am

Midnight Rambler wrote: There are two different methods: using the .exe for windows - http://marcjeanmougin.free.fr/ys_server ... _radar.zip or the python method you are using.

I managed to get it working on my computer and had tracking while flying. So you need to run the YSF server first, run the YSRadar server, you should see the YSR server connect to your YSF server and download the aircraft list. Once fully connected, run the YSR client. In the server IP address put the IP as 127.0.0.1 and connect, it should work.

Start flying and run the radar. I was using hawaii so I loaded the hawaii .point file and it downloaded the coordinates of the major airports onto the radar, the arrow is me flying with YSF in the background over Honolulu.

-img-
i had already downloaded that zip :)

but the thing is:
wellthis.png
i am sure i am missing some software! :? :lol:

But then, after following your instructions/steps, i had success :mrgreen:

Thanks! :)
butthen.png
And at last! after loading the line/point files! :)
atlast.png
--------------------------------------------------------
Q: What did I do?

altough others have already used it, here is instructions for newbies/non-users :) :
So, to explain what i did!

1) I downloaded serverATC

2) Unzipped [of course :lol: ]

3) opened YSFS, made a server (i took WEST_JAPAN to test)

4) then opened/ran the .py file, entered values

5) waited for a while, and voila!

6) opened client version-YSATC2 from here

7) entered IP address :) and voila again! it at LAST said CONNECTED

8) Radar settings>read.point file>*selects the file*

9) Power>Radar On, yipee!! working :mrgreen: :lol:

10) remember! if you want another file/range to be set/reset....you will have to set, close the radar and do Power>Radar On again :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Q: Future course of action?

now, to make files for new maps :mrgreen:

good day all :)
Happy Flying :)

@VNAF One, @Patrick31337, applying in Server/Event? :mrgreen:

many thanks to @Midnight Rambler and @YSF 2ch and others :)
Last edited by AdityaB on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Please note that I do not mean any kind of offence in any of my posts
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
:) :) :)
*temporarily unavailable further details

User avatar
Midnight Rambler
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Posts: 2110
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:08 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16
Location: Australia
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by Midnight Rambler » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:06 am

Glad you have it figured out :D
Image

User avatar
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 920
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:01 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5
Has thanked: 512 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:31 am

;)
Good Job, Aditya!
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Image
Yes, GrunSol is still around, Yes, I'm Still alive. Any other Questions?

User avatar
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:40 pm
Favorite Aircraft: All
Location: India
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Contact:

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by AdityaB » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:14 am

Thank you :)
Credits to MR and YSF 2ch

-------------------------------------------------------

but then,
it seems like this awesome work is only for a single view, you will not be able to toggle between airport location :)

and maybe slightly slow response(?) in displaying speed HDG and ALT (if i am at 6000, bearing 260 at 310kt.....reading seem to be a bit before), possibly because of my RAM. :?

but still it is and will remain awesome! :)
Please note that I do not mean any kind of offence in any of my posts
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
:) :) :)
*temporarily unavailable further details

User avatar
Midnight Rambler
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Posts: 2110
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:08 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16
Location: Australia
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by Midnight Rambler » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:02 am

Off the top of my head I think you can toggle between airports. Maybe right click or holding ALT or CTRL and clicking the airport will focus the radar centre over that airport. Not 100% sure sorry
Image

User avatar
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:40 pm
Favorite Aircraft: All
Location: India
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Contact:

Re: YSATC2- a unfinished but awesome work(?)

Post by AdityaB » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:06 am

Midnight Rambler wrote:Off the top of my head I think you can toggle between airports. Maybe right click or holding ALT or CTRL and clicking the airport will focus the radar centre over that airport. Not 100% sure sorry
checking and will update this post :mrgreen:

Thanks :)

UPDATE: after researching with west_japan.point:

1) Right clicking makes the "point" on the radar disappear.... Awesome! :mrgreen:

2) alt + left click on any place in the radar, moves the focus point

Cool! :)

Thanks a lot MR
Please note that I do not mean any kind of offence in any of my posts
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
:) :) :)
*temporarily unavailable further details

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest