Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

[ALPHA]OpenYS 2.0

Post by Flake »

Current Version: ALPHA_20190220233320
This build adds a debug.txt file output, and changes the way things work with confirmations sending of packets. I don't know if the problems will be solves yet but we should be getting closer with this information.

-----

BUGS:
I am aware of a few "MoveNext" enumerable errors that keep propping up, and how to fix them in future. I'll sort these out eventually. If you can create a bug, please screenshot the error and post to this thread for repair. ;)

DOWNLOAD LATEST TEST VERSION
Okay so I made a massive refactor of the data sending/receiving system, and I hope this works now.

I think i've sorted a race condition for locking when receiving - I was not locking the receiving tasks so multiple receives would happen at once and that would send everything out of sync - that actually can't be allowed to happen. The new solution is to have one master receiver that spins of multiple tasks when a new packet has been completed - it's practically the same really.

I'm not restricting data sends - you should be able to call sends multiple tasks at a time without locking. If that fails, I'll need to make a concurrent queue and have a master sender task, which won't take long to implement. I doubt that is the problem though. We'll see I guess.

Please give the server a test with your friends. Don't do anything fancy - I just want you to run the OYS server on port 7915 and let me know if your friends can join, login and fly without the server exploding your you and your friends flights disconnecting or ending in a fiery inferno.

The only changes between this version and last is the data input/output - and that's how each version from here will be until we're fully sorted out! ;)

20190219211946 In this update, you can use the Proxy Server to create formation flights with a potential distance lag solution.

This is very early days but the infrastructure is here.

To start a formation flight, the host should join the OYS Server normally with a username containing "#1".

All followers need to connect through the OYS Proxy (127.0.0.1) to the hosts IP address (edit the settings.dat file). your username should be "#2", "#3" and so on up to a #9 limit.

You will be able to fly in formation so long as you are within 5 times your aircraft hitradius of the host aircraft ON YOUR SCREEN.

To see detailed information of your formation status, click the blue "formation" button in the OYS Proxy. These details are not visible in the server mode (yet).

Remember: You should edit your Settings.Dat to reflect what you want.

ALPHA-20190123002628 In this version you should be able to edit settings, change map and field etc by manual restart.

Players should be able to see each other join flight and leave flight, and also be able to send chat messages to the server.

The program is very basic right now and some of the more advanced features you'd expect from a server are missing: eg: day/night or weather.

Please let me know if you can make this program work for you and if you cannot please send a copy of your console bug reports or screenshots.

ALPHA-20180614182300
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Zack
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon

Re: [ALPHA]OpenYS 2.0

Post by Zack »

oh yes.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

=> ALPHA-20180614153506
When I changed the objects over to use the Vehicles class, the ground objects stopped working. Fixed that.

=> ALPHA-20180614182300
Changed the way vehicles get their ID's, so ground objects will now have an object ID that is no longer 0.
Changed the way the login is processed, so now I am verifying all aircraft and ground objects are created when you log in.
Fixed bug were logging off would show as a console user message.
Ground objects are finally loading correctly, and as ground objects and not as aircraft.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Xray
Favorite Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle

Post by Xray »

Flake = God ...oh bby
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

I fixed a bug where some start positions weren't being accepted as there was a case-sensitivity comparison issue. That will be solved in the next release.

Please, any bug, no matter how small, no matter how many, if you can describe what you did to make it happen, please tell me.
WARDC_sOnar
Favorite Aircraft: PZL P11-C

Post by WARDC_sOnar »

Wow! Thanks Flake!

True, true Xray! :mrgreen:
(sorry for my english)
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Bamp.

New version is available. Give it a test and see how it works for you. Bare bones for now but I want to at least get this out there for feedback thus far.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

Is this version ready for me to give it a try running my server?
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

It doesn't have the functions you'll be after just yet Pat.

I'm still yet to add weather and moderation commands.
Grigor
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Ball-Bartoe Jetwing

Post by Grigor »

Let me get this straight... is this an open source replacement for YSFlight? Or am I just dreaming?
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Kiowa, Mitten, Hornet

Post by waspe414 »

Specifically for servers rather than actual visual rendering and physics, but no, you are not dreaming.
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

That would be the case if the program was working correctly but instead I'm stuck in this hamster wheel of bullshit like:

Grigor
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Ball-Bartoe Jetwing

Post by Grigor »

Dang. Maybe one day... And BTW, Flake, your avatar is both disturbing a extremely watchable.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

New version is up.

I'd like for someone to download this, and edit the settings to run OpenYS Server only on port 7915.

Test it with your friends - can they join your server by connecting their YSFlight clients to your IP on port 7915? Can they log in? Join flight? Fly around with exploding or dropping connection?

Please let me know how your experience goes.

Still no moderation tools - not going to add them until we get this problem fixed. Thanks for understanding.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

We have three entries. Which ones need to be 7915?

Code: Select all

Server.ListeningPorts.TCP                                       	7914
Server.ListeningPorts.UDP                                       	7965
Server.ProxyServer.DestinationPort                              	7915
I changed all three to 7915. When I tried logging in on from my own computer (and the same install that OYS2.0 points to), I got a message saying "This client has no airplane that can be used in this server. Please contact the server administrator for more information."
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Have you pointed the YSFlight Directory setting to the correct location? :)

And, if so, could you please tell me the language locatilisation of your PC (I presume it should be en-us for you pat.)?

Also what addon packs are you trying to load, the same that are on your server build?

Thanks for trying this for me.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

Yes, EN-US.

Yes, I copy/pasted the YS Directory location from the windows explorer address bar, which seems to have been the problem. It was that good-old / vs \ issue that occurs from time to time. I copy/pasted the directory location from the old OYS settings editor GUI and it seems to work fine. Ground objects are in the right places, ground texture looks good, and the plane didn't explode on takeoff.

If I have the ports correct (all set to 7915), I will leave the server running for testing for a while.

Another issue is that it doesn't seem to like the server list bot.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

I'm glad you can log in locally and not having too many issues. The big test will be if it stands the test of time over the internet. :)

If no one else does, I'll login later this afternoon (local time +5 hours from time of posting this?) and give it a test myself. As I'm in a sharehouse with dodgy internet and my ping is +270ms it's a great test bed to see how we're going now.

I hope things work out from here on out.

Cheers mate. I appreciate your support as always.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Okay let's try this again.

I've changed the way the login works for sending entities slightly.

I've moved the debug out of the UI and into a dedicated log file with timestamps.

I don't know if this is going to work indefinitely yet - in fact I doubt it will, but this will give me more information to try and solve the problem more definitively.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I haz errzerz.
OYS 2.0 Error #1
OYS 2.0 Error #1