[PROGRAM] install_addon.py

Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

[PROGRAM] install_addon.py

Post by u2fly »

install_addon.py — free & open-source Python-script for correctly install 3rd-party add-ons into YSFlight folder: This script initially released as free & open-source under BSD license by Soji Yamakawa and distributed with set of "auto_test_scripts": P.S.: Get more Open-Source Tools for YSFlight!

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
mobius
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35S

Re: [PROGRAM] install_addon.py

Post by mobius »

The install_addon.py program/script for me has properly installed the '4th Aerial Wing "Scorpions" ' squadron fleet pack addon.

I have noot been able to test it with other aircraft packs, due to lack of time recently. But I plan to do that when I can.

I think it is a very nice tool. Maybe it could also be included in the addons where it has been tested to properly work? Of course, someone using YSflight in Linux can take it from the online location themselves, but on the other hand it simplifies and speeds up the process and also would indicate immediately that the said addon is fully compatible with YSflight under all the platforms.