'Ohana Air Virtual - An NCA Partner

(OHNA) - Make the most of today with Ohana Air!

Moderators: Av8Tor, Neocon

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

'Ohana Air Virtual - An NCA Partner

Post by Neocon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:43 pm

In 2015, a deal was made with Av8tor to transfer 'Ohana Air Virtual to NCA, where it will continue to operate as a regional airline within Hawaii. 'Ohana will share Hawaii flight numbers with NatComAir, but 'Ohana pilots should use the 'Ohana flight logging form.

* 'Ohana Air Virtual is a fictional virtual airline that only exists electronically and is not related to any real-world airline in any way.

Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Re: 'Ohana Air Virtual - An NCA Partner

Post by Turbofan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:46 pm

Patrick31337 wrote:Image

In 2015, a deal was made with Av8tor to transfer 'Ohana Air Virtual to NCA, where it will continue to operate as a regional airline within Hawaii. 'Ohana will share Hawaii flight numbers with NatComAir, but 'Ohana pilots should use the 'Ohana flight logging form.
By the way - I saw there's a real world 'Ohana; just making sure the 'Ohana VA is not clashing with copyrights of the real one. I did not know of its existence till the other day when I was watching an HNL spotting video the other day on Youtube. The fleets and liveries are in no way, shape or form similar but you know about these days...
Hi! I make average, undesirable, boring grey maps for YS Flight!

Check out my YSFS videos on my Youtube channel!
-----------------------
Avatar: Pratt and Whitney JT8D-219
-----------------------
Turbofan's Terminal updated! New information on home page and WIP for 2020! Check it out!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:19 pm

I actually found out about them a while back. My research indicated that the trademark is for "'Ohana by Hawaiian", so I doubt it would be an issue. Of course, if they were to send me a cease and desist letter I would immediately comply and rename the fleet Anaho and the entire fleet would be transferred to operate in Nevada. ;)

Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:31 pm

Patrick31337 wrote:I actually found out about them a while back. My research indicated that the trademark is for "'Ohana by Hawaiian", so I doubt it would be an issue. Of course, if they were to send me a cease and desist letter I would immediately comply and rename the fleet Anaho and the entire fleet would be transferred to operate in Nevada. ;)
Works for me! Now I can use the 'Ohana fleet in my upcoming HNL spotting 2016 video without any reservations :D.
Hi! I make average, undesirable, boring grey maps for YS Flight!

Check out my YSFS videos on my Youtube channel!
-----------------------
Avatar: Pratt and Whitney JT8D-219
-----------------------
Turbofan's Terminal updated! New information on home page and WIP for 2020! Check it out!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:31 am

I just looked it up again and found that apparently "OHANA" is trademarked by a variety of companies, ranging from vineyards to carbonated beverages. I didn't find any "'Ohana Air Virtual"s, though.

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:36 am

Trademarks only apply to the industry in which a product or company operates.

For example, Cadbury has a trademark on the color Purple for chocolate. That doesn't mean purple is banned for use by everyone for every other purpose.

I think this Ohana issue is completely fine - no real world airlines with this name to claim interest on it. Fair game.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!