'Ohana Air Virtual - An NCA Partner

(OHNA) - Make the most of today with Ohana Air!

Moderators: Neocon, Av8Tor

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

'Ohana Air Virtual - An NCA Partner

Post by Neocon »

In 2015, a deal was made with Av8tor to transfer 'Ohana Air Virtual to NCA, where it will continue to operate as a regional airline within Hawaii. 'Ohana will share Hawaii flight numbers with NatComAir, but 'Ohana pilots should use the 'Ohana flight logging form.

* 'Ohana Air Virtual is a fictional virtual airline that only exists electronically and is not related to any real-world airline in any way.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Re: 'Ohana Air Virtual - An NCA Partner

Post by Turbofan »

Patrick31337 wrote:Image

In 2015, a deal was made with Av8tor to transfer 'Ohana Air Virtual to NCA, where it will continue to operate as a regional airline within Hawaii. 'Ohana will share Hawaii flight numbers with NatComAir, but 'Ohana pilots should use the 'Ohana flight logging form.
By the way - I saw there's a real world 'Ohana; just making sure the 'Ohana VA is not clashing with copyrights of the real one. I did not know of its existence till the other day when I was watching an HNL spotting video the other day on Youtube. The fleets and liveries are in no way, shape or form similar but you know about these days...
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I actually found out about them a while back. My research indicated that the trademark is for "'Ohana by Hawaiian", so I doubt it would be an issue. Of course, if they were to send me a cease and desist letter I would immediately comply and rename the fleet Anaho and the entire fleet would be transferred to operate in Nevada. ;)
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

Patrick31337 wrote:I actually found out about them a while back. My research indicated that the trademark is for "'Ohana by Hawaiian", so I doubt it would be an issue. Of course, if they were to send me a cease and desist letter I would immediately comply and rename the fleet Anaho and the entire fleet would be transferred to operate in Nevada. ;)
Works for me! Now I can use the 'Ohana fleet in my upcoming HNL spotting 2016 video without any reservations :D.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I just looked it up again and found that apparently "OHANA" is trademarked by a variety of companies, ranging from vineyards to carbonated beverages. I didn't find any "'Ohana Air Virtual"s, though.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Trademarks only apply to the industry in which a product or company operates.

For example, Cadbury has a trademark on the color Purple for chocolate. That doesn't mean purple is banned for use by everyone for every other purpose.

I think this Ohana issue is completely fine - no real world airlines with this name to claim interest on it. Fair game.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!